- ANZSEE 2015 Conference (19 – 23 October 2015)
ANZSEE is excited to announce that the 2015 Conference, Thriving Through Transformation – Local to Global Sustainability, will be held at the University of New England Business School, Armidale, NSW from 19-23 October 2015.
The main conference will be held over five days:
- 19 October: Masterclasses on the topics of spatial Economics and Environmental Justice Project
- 20 – 21 October: 2 days of conference proceedings
- 22 October: Field trips to either: Oxley Wild Rivers and Point Lookout World Heritage; or New England Regional Art Museum, Cultural Keeping Place, and Community Garden.
- 22 – 23 October: Transformation Workshop video-linked via Griffith University.
Themes and Suggestions
This year’s themes centre on ideas for transforming to a sustainable human existence at all geographical scales, particularly at the local, regional, and remote scales, but also at the national and global scales:
- Place-based perspectives on sustainability and transformation
- Institutions for resilience and transformation
- Making the marginal mainstream: expanding horizons – expanding rights
Other suggestions for themes/panels are also invited, particularly where organizations wish to provide sponsorship (see below). For example, there are planned special sessions around Wilderness through support from the Environmental Humanities Network at UNE and another on Indigenous Wellbeingsupported by Ninti One Ltd as an Indigenous Participation Sponsor.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your suggestions. For complete details go to .