Assistant/Associate Professor – Responsible Management and Sustainable Economic Development (RMSED)
- Ph.D. with the thesis addressing a theme relevant to the field of Ecological Economics and/or Sustainable Development
- Minimum of three years of relevant teaching experience.
- Academic expertise and capability of teaching in the field of Ecological Economics and/or Sustainable Development
- Fluency in English
Demonstrated capacity to teach in at least two of the following subjects:
- Ecological Economics
- Sustainable Development
- Social Innovation/Entrepreneurship
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Energy Sustainability Issues
- Green Economy
Abilities and Skills
- Demonstrated ability to attract external funding for research.
- Networking skills.
- Strong organizational and coordination skills.
- Spanish fluency is highly desirable.
Experience in multicultural or cross-cultural settings; capacity and interest to engage students from around the world; demonstrated initiative and a willingness to innovate; a strong team contributor; flexibility; and interest in engaging in practical action research and outreach activities, to address relevant environmental issues. Close link to and desire to live in Costa Rica is desirable.
Please submit (1) your CV, (2) a cover letter explaining your interest in the position, and how your teaching and research interests will contribute to the department and the UPEACE community, and (3) contact information for three references. Your references will only be contacted in the event you are selected as a finalist. Your application should be sent in electronic format to the following e-mail only: email@example.com, please refer in the subject to Position #1010. For questions about the position please contact Brian Dowd-Uribe at firstname.lastname@example.org.