The Journal of Multidisciplinary Research in Sustainability
Call for Papers for the Honorary Issue on
Ecological Planning and Sustainability
Submission Deadline: January 31st, 2017
Special Issue Editors
Prof. Dr. Dietwald Gruehn / TU Dortmund University
Assoc. Prof. Dr. Aysegul Ozbakir / Yildiz Technical University
We would like to invite you to publish in the first issue of the Journal of Multidisciplinary Research in Sustainability (JMRS). The Journal aims to promote sustainability across a wide range of disciplines. Each issue will be dedicated to the sustainability dimension of a single discipline. The topic of the first issue has been chosen as “Ecological Planning and Sustainability”.
Conspicuous consumption is one of the most important problems of the 21st century, augmented by the rapid population growth. Consumption of nonrenewable natural resources generates extensive air, water and soil pollution due to industrial emissions and therefore results in large scale ecological crises. Such outcomes have driven the research into the models of adoption of an ecocentric awareness and ethics.
A sustainability agenda indicates that the only survival path for humanity is to seek new paradigms and policies based on a balanced ecological and economic ethics.
In this context, we would like to invite for our first issue articles with a research focus on:
- New economic and financial methods to limit the consumption of nonrenewable
- New energy production and consumption models
- New cyclical models of recycling of industrial waste
- Nature friendly architectural design and ecological settlement models
- Analysis of technical and legal regulations for the protection of international-national natural boundaries
- New conservation and mitigation models
- New technological solutions for green urbanism
- Similar multidisciplinary subject areas
- Case studies that provide insight into the implementation of international
and national projects.
Papers should be submitted online using the JMRS paper submission system. Papers should comply with the JMRS submission guidelines. No late submissions will be accepted. Papers will be double blind peer reviewed.