Canadian Society for Ecological Economics (CANSEE)
2013 Biennial Conference
York University, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
November 1st and 2nd, 2013
Call for Papers, Workshops and Posters Proposals due January 27, 2013
Sustaining the Commons: Ideas and Actions for a Green Economy
The Canadian Society for Ecological Economics (CANSEE) invites conference proposals aimed at operationalizing sustainability through dialogue on local, national and global challenges involving the economy and the environment.
Ecological economics contributes to understanding the interwoven nature of ecosystems, societies, and economies. The discipline envisions new ways these spheres might interact to engender more sustainable environmental outcomes, and more just relationships among humans.
A key part of this effort is promoting understanding and dialogue across traditional disciplines, with academics, policy-makers, practitioners and activists sharing ideas and discussing practical solutions. As such:
- Paper and workshop proposals can be tailored for a general or expert audience, practical or more theoretical.
- Panel proposals can be organized to reach across disciplines on a theme, or engage debate within a particular area.
- Both novel and traditional presentation formats are encouraged.
The conference welcomes any proposal that reflects the broad relevance of ecological economics. A selection of these topics include:
- The role of economic growth and a sustainable scale
- Fostering sustainable behavior, communications and education
- The economics and politics of Energy and Climate Change
- Measures of well-being and happiness
- Natural capital productivity & accounting, ecosystem service valuation, economic/industrial ecology, and bio-economics
- Natural resource management and its ecological impacts
- Public finance, fiscal and monetary reforms, and ecological fiscal reform
- Other (as proposed through submissions)
Proposals are due January 27, 2013 and can be submitted at www.cansee.org
For more information, please visit www.cansee.org or contact the conference organizer Andreas Link via e-mail email@example.com or phone 647-261-3965.
The Canadian Society for Ecological Economics (CANSEE) is the Canadian chapter of the International Society for Ecological Economics (ISEE), bringing together ecological economists from around the world, publishing the journal Ecological Economics.