- Earth System Governance Session September 28, 2020Behavioural responses to turbulent times: How social innovation to steer sustainable governance of nature and promote carbon neutrality Needs innovative session at the 2020 Virtual Forum on Earth System Governance, September 16th, 2020. The Covid-19 outbreak interconnects a global economic, … Continue reading → The post Earth System Governance Session appeared first on The International […]
- Economics of Climate Change September 24, 2020The Economics of Climate Change How Culture has Impacted Sustainability: Social Justice, Environmental Justice, and Economic Equity Saturday, September 26, 2020 at 7 p.m. A discussion with Madhavi Venkatesan, PhD Register! Visit our Website The post Economics of Climate Change appeared first on The International Society for Ecological Economics.
- Joan Martinez-Alier Interview September 23, 2020Balzan Prize A few days ago Joan Martinez-Alier won the Balzan Prize, one of the most prestigious prizes in Europe, among other things by his contribution to the foundation of ecological economics and the promotion of environmental justice. Roldan Muradian … Continue reading → The post Joan Martinez-Alier Interview appeared first on The International Society […]
- 2020 Virtual Forum on Earth System Governance September 16, 2020INVITATION 2020 Virtual Forum on Earth System Governance, 15-17th September 2020: Between precarity and possibility: Implications of disruption for Earth System Governance Innovative session: September 16, 16-17.30. https://esgproject.eventsair.com/2020virtualforum/ Behavioural responses to turbulent times: social innovation to steer sustainable governance of nature … Continue reading → The post 2020 Virtual Forum on Earth System Governance appeared first […]
- Joan Martinez Alier wins 2020 Balzan Prize for Environmental Challenges September 15, 2020Joan Martinez Alier Spain 2020 Balzan Prize for Environmental Challenges: Responses from the Social Sciences and the Humanities For the quality of his contributions to the foundation of ecological economics, his path-breaking analysis of the relationships between economies and the … Continue reading → The post Joan Martinez Alier wins 2020 Balzan Prize for Environmental […]
- Lecturer (Ecological/Ecosystems Economics) Edinburgh September 10, 2020Type Permanent full-time Job title Lecturer (Ecological/Ecosystems Economics) Edinburgh Salary £31,750 – £40,129 per annum (dependent on experience) Location Edinburgh Description LECTURER (ECOLOGICAL/ECOSYSTEMS ECONOMICS) Permanent Edinburgh £31,750 – £40,129 per annum (dependent on experience) Ref: ACF/REES/013/20 SRUC is unique in … Continue reading → The post Lecturer (Ecological/Ecosystems Economics) Edinburgh appeared first on The International […]
- II Encuentro de Cátedras Economía y Ambiente 2020 August 12, 2020II International Meeting of Chairs of Economy and Environment Virtual modality, UNLu, November 27 and 28, 2020 Teaching economics for ecological transition under discussion: transdisciplinary approaches and re-constitutive and emancipatory theories El Comité Organizador informa que ya está disponible la Primera Circular … Continue reading → The post II Encuentro de Cátedras Economía y Ambiente 2020 appeared […]
- Defining a Decade of Global Sustainability Science Action: Call for Inputs August 12, 2020Seeking expert views on science for sustainability transformations and transformations of science systems In the last few months, the COVID-19 pandemic has reminded us of the interconnected nature of the common and global challenges we face, arising from growing pressures … Continue reading → The post Defining a Decade of Global Sustainability Science Action: Call […]
- Full Professorship (W3) for Environmental Planning and Transformation August 3, 2020Consider making the switch to the University of Freiburg: It is one of the most renowned and strongest research universities in Germany, with a history spanning more than 500 years. You’ll engage in top-notch research and teaching with a unique … Continue reading → The post Full Professorship (W3) for Environmental Planning and Transformation appeared […]
- Plea from Ecological Economists July 28, 2020Post-Covid world: ask the economists to tell the truth The framework on which Ecological Economics is founded provides a privileged perspective for formulating policy indications for managing the Covid pandemic and fostering economic recovery. First, Ecological Economics adopts the precautionary … Continue reading → The post Plea from Ecological Economists appeared first on The International […]
- Earth System Governance Session September 28, 2020
Category Archives: Graduate Opportunities
The WU – Vienna University of Economics, Austria, – has launched a new unique English language master program: MSc Socio-Ecological Economics and Policy (SEEP). The main elements of the SEEP curriculum are: a conceptual framework for understanding global economic, environmental … Continue reading
The Master of Science in Sustainability Management program, co-sponsored by the Earth Institute and Columbia University’s School of Continuing Education, invites you to learn more about our exciting new curriculum developed to train and educate sustainability practitioners for a broad … Continue reading
Columbia University’s Earth Institute and the School of Continuing Education invite you to learn about the innovative M.S. in Sustainability Management at an information session on February 10, 2011 from 6:30pm to 8:00pm in the Presidential Room of Faculty House. … Continue reading
Invitation: September 30th Information Session for the Masters Program in Sustainability Management The Earth Institute, and the School of Continuing Education at Columbia University invite you to learn about the new Master of Science in Sustainability Management at an information … Continue reading
Bodø Graduate School of Business/Centre for Ecological Economics and Ethics, offer master courses in ecological economics (20 etc) + master thesis (30etc.). In addition we also offer the PhD course: Ethics, nature and society (10 etc) with focus on ecological … Continue reading
The Earth Institute and School of Continuing Education at Columbia University, invite you to join us for an information session on May 26th at 6:30 p.m. to learn more about the Master of Science in Sustainability Management. All organizations, whether … Continue reading
Tokyo Institute of Technology offers an up-to-date economics graduate level program including ecological, environmental and behavioral economics.
Rensselaer’s graduate economic degrees at the masters and doctoral levels focus on the program’s unique strength in ecological economics.
This is a graduate program offering a masters and doctorate degree that is trans-disciplinary and shares the philosophy of ecological economics. While no special degree of program in ecological economics is offered, those interested in ecological economics are able to … Continue reading
Edinburgh offers a masters degree that provides an opportunity to combine strong training in resource and environmental economics with fields such as conservation biology, environmental ethics, and soil protection and management among many others.
Maryland offers a certificate in ecological economics that can be obtained in conjunction with earning a masters or doctorate in Marine, Estuarine, and Environmental Studies; Agricultural and Resource Economics; Public Affairs; Conservation Biology; Geography; and Zoology.
York’s department of economics offers an environmental economics degree that includes courses in ecological economics and options to study ecology and applied natural science.