- Job Opening for Senior Economist on Food Systems at Union for Concerned Scientists July 19, 2018www.ucsusa.org/about/jobs-ucs#senioreconomist Senior Economist, Food Systems Food & Environment Program Washington, DC Office The Position The Union of Concerned Scientists (UCS) is an independent national nonprofit whose scientists and engineers work to solve some of our planet’s most pressing environmental and safety problems. … Continue reading →
- Survey on Research Agenda for Ecological Economics July 16, 2018Ben Dube and Josh Farley It has been nearly 30 years since a group of ecological economists gathered at the Aspen Institute in Maryland to develop a Research Agenda for the then nascent field. We believe it is time for … Continue reading →
- ICTA-R&D Master in Political Ecology, Degrowth and Env Justice: Inscriptions are now OPEN! Deadline: 29th of September July 10, 2018The inscription process to our Master in Political Ecology is now open. You can access all the information about the inscription process here and the online inscription platform here. Unfortunately, the information is only available in Catalan and Castilian for the time being; it will soon … Continue reading →
- Global Warming June 21, 201815 June 2018 Article by Dissident Voice An interview with Stuart Scott Stuart Scott of Climate Matters.TV recently interviewed Dr. Peter Wadhams, emeritus professor, Polar Ocean Physics, Cambridge University and author of the acclaimed highly recommended: A Farewell To Ice (Oxford University … Continue reading →
- University of Freiburg, Germany Doctoral or Postdoctoral Researchers June 19, 2018The Chair of Environmental Economics and Resource Management at the University of Freiburg, Germany, Prof. Dr. Stefan Baumgärtner, is seeking two Doctoral or Postdoctoral Researchers in Ecological, Environmental and Resource Economics beginning October 1, 2018 or the earliest date thereafter. The position … Continue reading →
- 2018 Sustainability and Development Conference June 18, 2018Sustainability and Development Conference November 9-11, 2018 University of Michigan – Ann Arbor, MI CALL FOR ABSTRACTS NOW OPEN Sustainable development, as a concept and call to action to end poverty, protect the planet, and guarantee human well-being, is perhaps … Continue reading →
- The Plastic Issue and Economics June 12, 2018Sir David Attenborough posted on his Facebook page about the damage we are inflicting using plastic. At a landfill in Spain, a stork entangled with a plastic bag was freed by the photographer. Sadly, a single bag can kill more … Continue reading →
- 2018 Boulding Award June 4, 20182018 BOULDING AWARD We are pleased to announce that the Boulding Award Committee, based on a thorough review of prior and recently identified potential candidates, has decided unanimously to award the 2018 Boulding Award to Inge Røpke, in recognition of her long-term efforts on behalf … Continue reading →
- St. Lucia Postdoctorla Research Fellow SEES May 29, 2018Postdoctoral Research Fellow Job no:504443 Area:Faculty of Science Salary (FTE):Academic Research Level A1 ($64,533.50 – $87,535.13) Work type:Full Time – Fixed Term Location: St Lucia The School of Earth and Environmental Sciences The School of Earth and Environmental Sciences (SEES) … Continue reading →
- Foreseen for 2020 Open Call for Hosting May 29, 2018News Release: 28 May 2018 OPEN CALL for Hosting the 7th International Degrowth Conference (Foreseen for 2020) – We are open to different formats, like regional or thematic conferences! This year the degrowth community celebrates the 10th anniversary of the … Continue reading →
- Job Opening for Senior Economist on Food Systems at Union for Concerned Scientists July 19, 2018
Category Archives: Graduate Opportunities
The WU – Vienna University of Economics, Austria, – has launched a new unique English language master program: MSc Socio-Ecological Economics and Policy (SEEP). The main elements of the SEEP curriculum are: a conceptual framework for understanding global economic, environmental … Continue reading
The Master of Science in Sustainability Management program, co-sponsored by the Earth Institute and Columbia University’s School of Continuing Education, invites you to learn more about our exciting new curriculum developed to train and educate sustainability practitioners for a broad … Continue reading
Columbia University’s Earth Institute and the School of Continuing Education invite you to learn about the innovative M.S. in Sustainability Management at an information session on February 10, 2011 from 6:30pm to 8:00pm in the Presidential Room of Faculty House. … Continue reading
Invitation: September 30th Information Session for the Masters Program in Sustainability Management The Earth Institute, and the School of Continuing Education at Columbia University invite you to learn about the new Master of Science in Sustainability Management at an information … Continue reading
Bodø Graduate School of Business/Centre for Ecological Economics and Ethics, offer master courses in ecological economics (20 etc) + master thesis (30etc.). In addition we also offer the PhD course: Ethics, nature and society (10 etc) with focus on ecological … Continue reading
The Earth Institute and School of Continuing Education at Columbia University, invite you to join us for an information session on May 26th at 6:30 p.m. to learn more about the Master of Science in Sustainability Management. All organizations, whether … Continue reading
Tokyo Institute of Technology offers an up-to-date economics graduate level program including ecological, environmental and behavioral economics.
Rensselaer’s graduate economic degrees at the masters and doctoral levels focus on the program’s unique strength in ecological economics.
This is a graduate program offering a masters and doctorate degree that is trans-disciplinary and shares the philosophy of ecological economics. While no special degree of program in ecological economics is offered, those interested in ecological economics are able to … Continue reading
Edinburgh offers a masters degree that provides an opportunity to combine strong training in resource and environmental economics with fields such as conservation biology, environmental ethics, and soil protection and management among many others.
Maryland offers a certificate in ecological economics that can be obtained in conjunction with earning a masters or doctorate in Marine, Estuarine, and Environmental Studies; Agricultural and Resource Economics; Public Affairs; Conservation Biology; Geography; and Zoology.
York’s department of economics offers an environmental economics degree that includes courses in ecological economics and options to study ecology and applied natural science.
Founded in 1997, this program offers graduate degrees in ecological economics and environmental management, as well as Doctorates in environmental sciences. GRADUATE ERASMUS MUNDUS PHD