- 2020 Global Degrowth Day January 24, 2020Global Degrowth Day – Good Life for All The next Global Degrowth Day will be on 6th June 2020! Many different public events all over the world will be organized to share alternatives to a growth-based society. They want to … Continue reading → The post 2020 Global Degrowth Day appeared first on The International […]
- 2020 Bratislava Conference on Earth System Governance January 8, 20202020 Bratislava Conference on Earth System Governance Earth System Governance in turbulent times: prospects for political and behavioral responses Bratislava, 15-17 September 2020 2020 Bratislava Conference on Earth System Governance, which will be held on 15-17 September 2020 in Bratislava, … Continue reading → The post 2020 Bratislava Conference on Earth System Governance appeared first […]
- Assistant Research Scientist in Ecosystem Services (University of Michigan, CIGLR) January 7, 2020Assistant Research Scientist in Ecosystem ServicesCooperative Institute for Great Lakes Research University of Michigan, Ann Arbor The Cooperative Institute for Great Lakes Research (CIGLR) seeks applications for a full-time Assistant Research Scientist with expertise in quantifying the monetary and/or non-monetary … Continue reading → The post Assistant Research Scientist in Ecosystem Services (University of Michigan, […]
- Revista Iberoamericana de Econimia Ecologica, Volumen 30 December 30, 20192019 REVISTA IBEROAMERICANA DE ECONOMIA ECOLÓGICA Volume 30, Número 1 To read more and find links to articles, visit https://redibec.org/ojs/index.php/revibec/issue/view/30. The post Revista Iberoamericana de Econimia Ecologica, Volumen 30 appeared first on The International Society for Ecological Economics.
- Population Matters | One Year in Review December 30, 2019Director’s Message To steal Ervin Drake’s Christmas song made famous by Frank Sinatra, ‘It was a very good year’ for Population Matters, as the Annual Report shows. For me, key events and activities were our increased focus and developing partnerships with fellow … Continue reading → The post Population Matters | One Year in Review appeared first […]
- 2021 Planetary Health Alliance Annual Meeting December 28, 2019In the words of Greta Thunberg’s closing speech at the recent COP25 in Madrid: “In just a few weeks we will enter a new decade; a decade that will define our future.” As 2019 comes to a close, the PHA … Continue reading → The post 2021 Planetary Health Alliance Annual Meeting appeared first on […]
- Letter from Outgoing President of ISEE December 28, 2019Letter from Outgoing President of ISEE Olinda (Brazil), December 23rd, 2019. When I accepted to be the ISEE president-elect candidate, I explained that my desire had always been to challenge the conventional economics I learned at the university (Yale, among … Continue reading → The post Letter from Outgoing President of ISEE appeared first on […]
- Nature Needs Half (NNH) Initiative December 28, 2019Upcoming Opportunities ISEE to influence Nature Needs Half initiative: The ISEE is encouraged to participate in upcoming events in 2020 that are expected to contribute greatly to defining an internationally recognized framework for biodiversity protection over the next decade and … Continue reading → The post Nature Needs Half (NNH) Initiative appeared first on The […]
- Herman Daly in the RWER December 19, 2019Real-World Economics Review Issue No. 90 Subscribe for Free The importance of ecological economics: An interview with Herman Daly Herman Daly and Jamie Morgan [University of Maryland, USA; Leeds Becket University, UK] Copyright: Herman Daly and Jamie Morgan 2019 The post Herman Daly in the RWER appeared first on The International Society for Ecological Economics.
- Manifestation of Life December 11, 2019Manifestation of Life by Clóvis Cavalcanti Bugles, trumpets sound; birds trill. And the waters of a stream slide sweetly. The blue of the sky shines brighter than ever. An intense golden light emanates from the crowned star. Children sing and … Continue reading → The post Manifestation of Life appeared first on The International Society […]
- 2020 Global Degrowth Day January 24, 2020
Category Archives: Papers
Contributions are invited for the following sections: RESEARCH PAPERS: address substantive research questions, contribute new insight and/or provide new findings in the relevant knowledge domain. Must report original research. (8000 words) THEMATIC ESSAY/SURVEY: provide an exhaustive account of relevant knowledge … Continue reading
The Journal of Business Logistics has a call for papers. The idea of the CfP is to transfer theory related to ecological economics to the area of logistics and supply chain management. For more information click here.
Network for Cooperation in Integrated Water Resource Management for Sustainable Development in Latin America and the Caribbean No. 49
Network for Cooperation in Integrated Water Resource Management for Sustainable Development in Latin America and the Caribbean No. 49 is now available in English. Visit https://repositorio.cepal.org/handle/11362/44351 to access.
Call for papers: Special issue on Degrowth and Environmental Justice Proposal submission deadline: 10th July 2017 Guest Editors: Bengi Akbulut1, Federico Demaria2, Julien-François Gerber3, Joan Martínez-Alier2 1 Concordia University, Montreal, Canada 2 Institute of Environmental Science and Technology, Autonomous University … Continue reading
CfP: Climate Ethics and Climate Economics–Risk, Uncertainty and Catastrophe Scenarios May 9th & 10th, University of Cambridge Scholars have warned that there is an uncertain chance of runaway climate change that could devastate the planet. At least since Hans Jonas’s … Continue reading
The Xth thematic workshop of FAERE (http://faere.fr/fr/) will be hosted by the AMURE research unit (http://www.umr-amure.fr/) at the Institut Universitaire Européen de la Mer (https://www-iuem.univbrest. fr/en), Plouzané, France, on May 11-12th, 2017. The workshop will focus on the practical aspects of using … Continue reading
The Journal of Economic Literature has just published a very interesting article on peer review: How to Write an Effective Referee Report and Improve the Scientific Review Process Jonathan B. Berk, Campbell R. Harvey and David Hirshleifer Full-Text Access (Complimentary)
Economics, Econometrics and Finance Ecological Economics October to December 2015 Update on the environmental and economic costs associated with alien-invasive species in the United States Article Ecological Economics, Volume 52, Issue 3, Pages 273-288 Pimentel, David; Zuniga, Rodolfo; Morrison, Doug A … Continue reading
Walking the Meaningful Great Transformations? 30 August – 3 September 2016 Call for Individual Papers Open 29 February 2016 The call will close on 29th of February 2016. Please note that the deadline will not be extended. The call for … Continue reading
Sustainability, Ecology, and Care Feminist Economics invites papers for a new special issue on ‘Sustainability, Ecology, and Care’. Caring, both in the practical sense of hands-on carework and in the emotional and ethical sense of “caring about,” has been a central … Continue reading
ISEE 2016 Transforming the Economy: Sustaining Food, Water, Energy and Justice As the Science of Science of Sustainability, Ecological Economics must advance the transformation of the economy to support rather than debilitate the processes that sustain our living planet. Most … Continue reading
The first of six ESRC-funded workshops exploring issues where the ethics and economics of climate change intersect will be held at Oxford University’s Martin School on 13-14 January 2016. The keynote speakers will be Simon Caney and Partha Dasgupta. We … Continue reading
Our editorial team is happy to announce a Call for Papers for a Special Volume on Technology and Degrowth, to be published in the Journal of Cleaner Production in 2016. If you think you could make an interesting contribution, please … Continue reading
The International Society for Ecological Modelling Global Conference 2016 BEST YOUNG RESEARCHER PAPER PRIZE Nominations are now being accepted for the Best Young Researcher Paper Prize! Any authors, age 35 or younger, who have published a paper in Ecological Modelling since 2014 or … Continue reading