- PhD student to conduct research in the field of environmental economics at the University of Southampton November 11, 2014Project Title: Preferences for ecosystem services Apply Now: http://www.southampton.ac.uk/geography/postgraduate/research_degrees/apply.page? Project Supervisor(s): Dr M Schaafsma (School of Geography), Dr E Mentzakis (Economics Division, Social Sciences) Email Enquiry: For informal inquiries, please contact Marije Schaafsma: M.Schaafsma@soton.ac.uk Weblink: http://www.southampton.ac.uk/geography/postgraduate/research_degrees/studentships.page Application Deadline: 31 December … Continue reading →
- Tribute to Kenneth Boulding November 6, 2014Tribute to Kenneth Boulding by 2014 award recipient Peter Victor Peter Victor paid tribute to Kenneth Boulding at the meeting of the International Society for Ecological Economics at Reykjiavik, Iceland on 13th August 2014 at the presentation of the 2014 … Continue reading →
- Applications are open for Kinship Conservation Fellows 2015 November 5, 2014ENVIRONMENTAL LEADERSHIP PROGRAM Kinship Conservation Fellows is a groundbreaking environmental leadership program that emphasizes market-based solutions to environmental problems. Kinship’s dynamic global network of 210 Fellows in 48 countries and 6 continents is collaborative, entrepreneurial, and dedicated to effective conservation. … Continue reading →
- 25 Hottest Articles || July – September 2014 November 5, 2014Ecological Economics July – September 2014 A typology for the classification, description and valuation of ecosystem functions, goods and services • Article Ecological Economics, Volume 41, Issue 3, June 2002, Pages 393-408 de Groot, Rudolf S; Wilson, Matthew A; Boumans, … Continue reading →
- Director of the Policy Analysis Group November 4, 2014University of IdahoDirector of the Policy Analysis Group Location: MoscowDivision/College: College of Natural ResourcesDepartment: Conservation Social SciencesEmployee Category: FacultyClassification Group Title: Dept Head/Chair/DirectorTenure Tracking: Tenure TrackRank: Negotiable (must be justified)Interim/Term Appointment: NoMulti-Year Contract (Non-Tenure Track): Not ApplicablePosition Type: PermanentPay Range: … Continue reading →
- Note on Brazilian Deforestation Statistics November 4, 2014Note by ECOECO regarding the Brazilian government’s failure to publish data from the DETER deforestation monitoring system in the Brazilian Amazon To control deforestation in the Amazon, the information furnished by satellite imagery are fundamental. The Brazilian Ministry of the … Continue reading →
- Jobs at BC3 – Basque Centre for Climate Change October 29, 2014Scientific Director The applications close the 27th of January 2015. For more information visit http://www.bc3research.org/join_us/job_offers.html.
- Do we dare to question economic growth? October 20, 2014By Warwick Smith First published at The Guardian on 13 October 2014. We’ve all been so effectively sold the line that endless growth is essential to maintain and improve our quality of life. This couldn’t be further from the truth. … Continue reading →
- Cambridge Festival of Ideas, Panel on Gender and Green Governance October 15, 20144.30pm – 6pm, Friday 24 OctoberLittle Hall, Sidgwick Site, CB3 9DA Gender and Green Governance Can the gender composition of groups managing local forests affect conservation outcomes? This simple question has been little addressed, despite the substantial literature on women’s … Continue reading →
- University of Idaho Job Posting October 15, 2014University of Idaho: Assistant/Associate Professor of Natural Resource Economics Location: Moscow Division/College: College of Natural Resources Department: Conservation Social Sciences Employee Category: Faculty Classification Group Title: Regular Faculty Tenure Tracking: Tenure Track Rank: Negotiable (must be justified) Interim/Term Appointment: No … Continue reading →
- PhD student to conduct research in the field of environmental economics at the University of Southampton November 11, 2014
Category Archives: Graduate Opportunities
Environment Europe has made images from the Oxford Summers School in Ecological Economics 2014 available to view on their Facebook Page. Click here to access. They also thank Mr. Yann Arthus-Bertrand and the Good Planet Foundation, for the permission to … Continue reading
Economics for the Anthropocene: Re-grounding the Human-Earth Relationship Economics for the Anthropocene offers exceptional graduate students the opportunity to collaborate in rethinking and redirecting the human/Earth relationship. POSITION: The Gund Institute at the University of Vermont (UVM) in Burlington, Vermont, … Continue reading
The University of Helsinki invites applications for three (3) Doctoral Student Positions in the *Doctoral Program in Interdisciplinary Environmental Sciences, (DENVI) for a 1–4 year period starting from 1 January 2014. The central themes of DENVI are environmental change and … Continue reading
The WU – Vienna University of Economics, Austria, – has launched a new unique English language master program: MSc Socio-Ecological Economics and Policy (SEEP). The main elements of the SEEP curriculum are: a conceptual framework for understanding global economic, environmental … Continue reading
The Master of Science in Sustainability Management program, co-sponsored by the Earth Institute and Columbia University’s School of Continuing Education, invites you to learn more about our exciting new curriculum developed to train and educate sustainability practitioners for a broad … Continue reading
Columbia University’s Earth Institute and the School of Continuing Education invite you to learn about the innovative M.S. in Sustainability Management at an information session on February 10, 2011 from 6:30pm to 8:00pm in the Presidential Room of Faculty House. … Continue reading
Invitation: September 30th Information Session for the Masters Program in Sustainability Management The Earth Institute, and the School of Continuing Education at Columbia University invite you to learn about the new Master of Science in Sustainability Management at an information … Continue reading
Bodø Graduate School of Business/Centre for Ecological Economics and Ethics, offer master courses in ecological economics (20 etc) + master thesis (30etc.). In addition we also offer the PhD course: Ethics, nature and society (10 etc) with focus on ecological … Continue reading
The Earth Institute and School of Continuing Education at Columbia University, invite you to join us for an information session on May 26th at 6:30 p.m. to learn more about the Master of Science in Sustainability Management. All organizations, whether … Continue reading
Tokyo Institute of Technology offers an up-to-date economics graduate level program including ecological, environmental and behavioral economics.
Rensselaer’s graduate economic degrees at the masters and doctoral levels focus on the program’s unique strength in ecological economics.
This is a graduate program offering a masters and doctorate degree that is trans-disciplinary and shares the philosophy of ecological economics. While no special degree of program in ecological economics is offered, those interested in ecological economics are able to … Continue reading
Edinburgh offers a masters degree that provides an opportunity to combine strong training in resource and environmental economics with fields such as conservation biology, environmental ethics, and soil protection and management among many others.