- Creating a Sustainable and Desirable Future April 18, 2014Just released – a new edited book titled: “Creating a Sustainable and Desirable Future: Insights from 45 Global Thought Leaders” that I think might interest you. The book offers a broad, critical discussion of what a sustainable and desirable future … Continue reading →
- Summer School in Sustainability Economics: Intergenerational Equity and Efficiency under Uncertainty April 16, 2014The universities of Lueneburg (Prof. Baumgaertner), Kiel (Prof. Quaas) and Regensburg (Prof. Buchholz) host a summer school addressing the issue of sustainability in the context of climate change. It will take place at Camp Reinsehlen, Germany, 4-7 August 2014. The … Continue reading →
- Coordinator of Climate Policy Research Line April 15, 2014Climate Policy research line coordinator, Basque Centre for Climate Change (BC3)Senior Researcher The Basque Centre for Climate Change (BC3) offers a senior researcher position to coordinate one of its four research lines; the Climate Policy research line. The Climate Policy … Continue reading →
- Great Transition Initiative Launches New Website April 14, 2014For over a decade, the Great Transition Initiative has advanced a visionary scenario of a future rooted in human solidarity, well-being for all, and ecological sustainability. It now enters a new phase with renewed energy and heightened sense of urgency. … Continue reading →
- 3rd Water Research Conference Call for Abstracts April 10, 20143rd Water Research Conference 11-14 January 2015, Shenzhen, China The 3rd Water Research Conference aims to present results of state-of-the-art exploration in water/wastewater treatment and discuss conceptually novel ideas that are necessary to develop well-tuned energy- and resource-efficient treatment technologies … Continue reading →
- Economics for Transition Programme April 10, 2014Join us at Schumacher College for residential postgraduate and short course study in radical economic thinking, activism and entrepreneurship. Postgraduate Programme MA, Pg Cert (in partnership with Plymouth University, nef and the Transition Network) Apply by 30 April for … Continue reading →
- Lecturer/Associate Professor in Environmental or Ecological Economics April 4, 2014The University of Leeds is looking for an enthusiastic and self-motivated ecological or environmental economist with a focus on water-related research to develop and enhance links across Water@Leeds, the largest interdisciplinary water research centre in any university in the world. … Continue reading →
- Assistant/Associate Professor in RMSED April 3, 2014Assistant/Associate Professor – Responsible Management and Sustainable Economic Development (RMSED) Essential Qualifications: Ph.D. with the thesis addressing a theme relevant to the field of Ecological Economics and/or Sustainable Development Minimum of three years of relevant teaching experience. Academic expertise and … Continue reading →
- Global Urban Lecture Series March 31, 2014United Nations Human Settlements Programme and Claudio Acioly, Jr. are pleased to announce the public launch of the Global Urban Lecture Series! The link below will lead you to the first batch of the lectures. There is more to … Continue reading →
- Public consultation on draft SDSN Indicator Report March 27, 2014ECOECO (Brazil) have just completed their review and compilation by ECOECO Treasurer Joseph Weiss of comments on the Sustainable Development Goals Indicators proposed by the SDSN, and have transmitted them to the UN, informed by the recent work on indicators … Continue reading →
- Creating a Sustainable and Desirable Future April 18, 2014
Category Archives: Graduate Opportunities
The University of Helsinki invites applications for three (3) Doctoral Student Positions in the *Doctoral Program in Interdisciplinary Environmental Sciences, (DENVI) for a 1–4 year period starting from 1 January 2014. The central themes of DENVI are environmental change and … Continue reading
The WU – Vienna University of Economics, Austria, – has launched a new unique English language master program: MSc Socio-Ecological Economics and Policy (SEEP). The main elements of the SEEP curriculum are: a conceptual framework for understanding global economic, environmental … Continue reading
The Master of Science in Sustainability Management program, co-sponsored by the Earth Institute and Columbia University’s School of Continuing Education, invites you to learn more about our exciting new curriculum developed to train and educate sustainability practitioners for a broad … Continue reading
Columbia University’s Earth Institute and the School of Continuing Education invite you to learn about the innovative M.S. in Sustainability Management at an information session on February 10, 2011 from 6:30pm to 8:00pm in the Presidential Room of Faculty House. … Continue reading
Invitation: September 30th Information Session for the Masters Program in Sustainability Management The Earth Institute, and the School of Continuing Education at Columbia University invite you to learn about the new Master of Science in Sustainability Management at an information … Continue reading
Bodø Graduate School of Business/Centre for Ecological Economics and Ethics, offer master courses in ecological economics (20 etc) + master thesis (30etc.). In addition we also offer the PhD course: Ethics, nature and society (10 etc) with focus on ecological … Continue reading
The Earth Institute and School of Continuing Education at Columbia University, invite you to join us for an information session on May 26th at 6:30 p.m. to learn more about the Master of Science in Sustainability Management. All organizations, whether … Continue reading
Tokyo Institute of Technology offers an up-to-date economics graduate level program including ecological, environmental and behavioral economics.
Rensselaer’s graduate economic degrees at the masters and doctoral levels focus on the program’s unique strength in ecological economics.
This is a graduate program offering a masters and doctorate degree that is trans-disciplinary and shares the philosophy of ecological economics. While no special degree of program in ecological economics is offered, those interested in ecological economics are able to … Continue reading
Edinburgh offers a masters degree that provides an opportunity to combine strong training in resource and environmental economics with fields such as conservation biology, environmental ethics, and soil protection and management among many others.
Maryland offers a certificate in ecological economics that can be obtained in conjunction with earning a masters or doctorate in Marine, Estuarine, and Environmental Studies; Agricultural and Resource Economics; Public Affairs; Conservation Biology; Geography; and Zoology.
York’s department of economics offers an environmental economics degree that includes courses in ecological economics and options to study ecology and applied natural science.