- Building Climate Solutions Conference December 5, 2013Join James Hansen, Richard Alley, Gina McCarthy, Bill Richardson, Kathryn Sullivan, Rachel Kyte, and other leaders in January at the Building Climate Solutions conference. In two highlighted sessions, leaders from science, business, government and finance are interviewed by prominent journalists … Continue reading →
- 2014 Edition of the International Spring University on Ecosystem Services Modeling November 25, 2013The Basque Centre for Climate Change (BC3) in collaboration with Conservation International, the University of Vermont and Earth Economics, is announcing the 2014 edition of the International Spring University on Ecosystem Services Modeling. The International Spring University on Ecosystem Services … Continue reading →
- Call for Papers – Degrowth Conference 2014 November 7, 2013In September 2014, the Fourth International Conference on Degrowth for Ecological Sustainability and Social Equity will take place in Leipzig, Germany. The conference seeks to bring practitioners, activists and scientists together and covers three main thematic threads: Organizing a Degrowth … Continue reading →
- Faculty Position and Founding Director, Master of Arts in Sustainability November 1, 2013Center for Energy, Environment and Sustainability Graduate School of Arts and Sciences, Wake Forest University We invite applications and nominations for an entrepreneurial and distinguished leader in the area of sustainability, as broadly defined. This is an exceptional opportunity for … Continue reading →
- Implications of Hydraulic Fracturing for Creating Sustainable Communities October 11, 2013The Implications of Hydraulic Fracturing for Creating Sustainable CommunitiesSUNY Conversations in the DisciplinesApril 10 -11, 2014Binghamton University Call for Proposals The Conversations in the Disciplines (SUNY CID) grant program is designed to bring together SUNY faculty and visiting scholars from … Continue reading →
- University of Leeds Pilot Open Online Course October 11, 2013University of Leeds is launching a pilot version of a two week massive open online course (MOOC) about the institutional economics of natural resource management. The course features land and water management in Nepal, a discussion about payments for ecosystem … Continue reading →
- Bina Agarwal’s Ongoing Effectuation October 7, 2013Bina Agarwal, President ISEE, has been appointed as a member of the Future Earth Science Committee. Consisting of 18 members globally, belonging to diverse disciplines, including the natural and social sciences, humanities and engineering, the Committee will provide scientific guidance … Continue reading →
- Three (3) Doctoral Student Positions October 5, 2013The University of Helsinki invites applications for three (3) Doctoral Student Positions in the *Doctoral Program in Interdisciplinary Environmental Sciences, (DENVI) for a 1–4 year period starting from 1 January 2014. The central themes of DENVI are environmental change and … Continue reading →
- University of Oklahoma Assistant Professor October 3, 2013OKLAHOMA, NORMAN 73019. The Department of Geography and Environmental Sustainability (http://geography.ou.edu/) at the University of Oklahoma seeks nominations and applications for a tenure-track assistant professor position in ecological economics. Initial appointment to this position will begin August 2014. Salary and … Continue reading →
- 1st PEF World Summit 8-9 October 2013 Berlin October 1, 20131st PEF World Summit 8-9 October 2013 Berlin Exclusive presentation of selected EU Environmental Footprint pilot projects Outlook on the Food/Feed/Drink PEF/OEF pilot phase Country and leading business perspectives on carbon and environmental footprinting Workshops and open space dialogue on … Continue reading →
- Building Climate Solutions Conference December 5, 2013
Category Archives: Graduate Opportunities
The University of Helsinki invites applications for three (3) Doctoral Student Positions in the *Doctoral Program in Interdisciplinary Environmental Sciences, (DENVI) for a 1–4 year period starting from 1 January 2014. The central themes of DENVI are environmental change and … Continue reading
The WU – Vienna University of Economics, Austria, – has launched a new unique English language master program: MSc Socio-Ecological Economics and Policy (SEEP). The main elements of the SEEP curriculum are: a conceptual framework for understanding global economic, environmental … Continue reading
The Master of Science in Sustainability Management program, co-sponsored by the Earth Institute and Columbia University’s School of Continuing Education, invites you to learn more about our exciting new curriculum developed to train and educate sustainability practitioners for a broad … Continue reading
Columbia University’s Earth Institute and the School of Continuing Education invite you to learn about the innovative M.S. in Sustainability Management at an information session on February 10, 2011 from 6:30pm to 8:00pm in the Presidential Room of Faculty House. … Continue reading
Invitation: September 30th Information Session for the Masters Program in Sustainability Management The Earth Institute, and the School of Continuing Education at Columbia University invite you to learn about the new Master of Science in Sustainability Management at an information … Continue reading
Bodø Graduate School of Business/Centre for Ecological Economics and Ethics, offer master courses in ecological economics (20 etc) + master thesis (30etc.). In addition we also offer the PhD course: Ethics, nature and society (10 etc) with focus on ecological … Continue reading
The Earth Institute and School of Continuing Education at Columbia University, invite you to join us for an information session on May 26th at 6:30 p.m. to learn more about the Master of Science in Sustainability Management. All organizations, whether … Continue reading
Tokyo Institute of Technology offers an up-to-date economics graduate level program including ecological, environmental and behavioral economics.
Rensselaer’s graduate economic degrees at the masters and doctoral levels focus on the program’s unique strength in ecological economics.
This is a graduate program offering a masters and doctorate degree that is trans-disciplinary and shares the philosophy of ecological economics. While no special degree of program in ecological economics is offered, those interested in ecological economics are able to … Continue reading
Edinburgh offers a masters degree that provides an opportunity to combine strong training in resource and environmental economics with fields such as conservation biology, environmental ethics, and soil protection and management among many others.
Maryland offers a certificate in ecological economics that can be obtained in conjunction with earning a masters or doctorate in Marine, Estuarine, and Environmental Studies; Agricultural and Resource Economics; Public Affairs; Conservation Biology; Geography; and Zoology.
York’s department of economics offers an environmental economics degree that includes courses in ecological economics and options to study ecology and applied natural science.