- Postdoc Opportunity – Watershed Ecosystem Services February 28, 2014The University of New Hampshire seeks a Postdoctoral Research Associate to play a central role in a collaborative effort to understand coupled terrestrial-aquatic ecosystem services in New England. We seek individuals interested in dynamic modeling of ecosystem response to climate … Continue reading →
- Announcing the Elinor Ostrom Prize Competition February 25, 2014Elinor Ostrom Prize Elinor Ostrom, 1933-2012 A prize of £1000 is awarded each year for the best full-length article published in the Journal of Institutional Economics in the preceding calendar year. Each annual prize competition will be judged by an … Continue reading →
- ISEE 2014 Iceland Registration – Early Bird Reduction February 24, 2014Registration for ISEE 2014 – Iceland – is now open at http://isee2014.yourhost.is/programme/registration. Take advantage of the special rate for ISEE members, as well as the “early bird” reduction. Remember – the cheapest airline tickets will disappear fast, so make your … Continue reading →
- Job Posting | Manager, Resource Accounting (Oakland) February 24, 2014Global Footprint Network promotes a sustainable economy by advancing the Ecological Footprint, a tool that makes sustainability measurable. Together with our partners, we coordinate research, develop methodological standards, and provide decision makers with robust resource accounts to help the human … Continue reading →
- Participate in the next Degrowth Conference on Social Equity and Ecological Sustainability! February 24, 2014PLEASE SPREAD THE NEWS! Participate in the next Degrowth Conference on Social Equity and Ecological Sustainability! This is the final call for submissions to the 4th International Degrowth Conference in Leipzig, Sept. 2-6. Submissions are still possible till February 28th! … Continue reading →
- Population Growth: A Multiplier of All Problems February 24, 2014Population Growth: A Multiplier of All ProblemsSummary Conclusions of Recent Research by Population Matters Conclusion and Recommendations Stable or reducing populations are an essential pre-condition for economic, social and biophysical sustainability – population growth makes all UK and global problems … Continue reading →
- New SDSN Draft Report for Public Consultation February 17, 2014[ECO-ECO Brasil - Diretoria] Enc: New SDSN Draft Report for Public Consultation: Indicators for Sustainable Development Goals We are very pleased to share with you a new draft SDSN report for public consultation. Indicators for Sustainable Development Goals presents a … Continue reading →
- No Fee for "The Green Economy" Course February 17, 2014In the original announcement for the course “The Green Economy” – being part of the Thor Heyerdahl Summer School series – a participation fee was included. The organizers are happy to inform that it has now become possible for them … Continue reading →
- Research Analyst (Oakland) February 6, 2014Global Footprint Network promotes a sustainable economy by advancing the Ecological Footprint, a tool that makes sustainability measurable. Together with our partners, we coordinate research, develop methodological standards, and provide decision makers with robust resource accounts to help the human … Continue reading →
- Project Manager, Sustainable Development Return on Investment February 6, 2014Project Manager, Sustainable Development Return on Investment (located in Oakland, California or Orissa, India) Global Footprint Network is a growing, international non-profit organization that promotes a sustainable economy by advancing the Ecological Footprint, a tool that makes sustainability measurable. The … Continue reading →
- Postdoc Opportunity – Watershed Ecosystem Services February 28, 2014
Category Archives: Graduate Opportunities
The University of Helsinki invites applications for three (3) Doctoral Student Positions in the *Doctoral Program in Interdisciplinary Environmental Sciences, (DENVI) for a 1–4 year period starting from 1 January 2014. The central themes of DENVI are environmental change and … Continue reading
The WU – Vienna University of Economics, Austria, – has launched a new unique English language master program: MSc Socio-Ecological Economics and Policy (SEEP). The main elements of the SEEP curriculum are: a conceptual framework for understanding global economic, environmental … Continue reading
The Master of Science in Sustainability Management program, co-sponsored by the Earth Institute and Columbia University’s School of Continuing Education, invites you to learn more about our exciting new curriculum developed to train and educate sustainability practitioners for a broad … Continue reading
Columbia University’s Earth Institute and the School of Continuing Education invite you to learn about the innovative M.S. in Sustainability Management at an information session on February 10, 2011 from 6:30pm to 8:00pm in the Presidential Room of Faculty House. … Continue reading
Invitation: September 30th Information Session for the Masters Program in Sustainability Management The Earth Institute, and the School of Continuing Education at Columbia University invite you to learn about the new Master of Science in Sustainability Management at an information … Continue reading
Bodø Graduate School of Business/Centre for Ecological Economics and Ethics, offer master courses in ecological economics (20 etc) + master thesis (30etc.). In addition we also offer the PhD course: Ethics, nature and society (10 etc) with focus on ecological … Continue reading
The Earth Institute and School of Continuing Education at Columbia University, invite you to join us for an information session on May 26th at 6:30 p.m. to learn more about the Master of Science in Sustainability Management. All organizations, whether … Continue reading
Tokyo Institute of Technology offers an up-to-date economics graduate level program including ecological, environmental and behavioral economics.
Rensselaer’s graduate economic degrees at the masters and doctoral levels focus on the program’s unique strength in ecological economics.
This is a graduate program offering a masters and doctorate degree that is trans-disciplinary and shares the philosophy of ecological economics. While no special degree of program in ecological economics is offered, those interested in ecological economics are able to … Continue reading
Edinburgh offers a masters degree that provides an opportunity to combine strong training in resource and environmental economics with fields such as conservation biology, environmental ethics, and soil protection and management among many others.
Maryland offers a certificate in ecological economics that can be obtained in conjunction with earning a masters or doctorate in Marine, Estuarine, and Environmental Studies; Agricultural and Resource Economics; Public Affairs; Conservation Biology; Geography; and Zoology.
York’s department of economics offers an environmental economics degree that includes courses in ecological economics and options to study ecology and applied natural science.