- Jobs at BC3 – Basque Centre for Climate Change October 29, 2014Scientific Director The applications close the 27th of January 2015. For more information visit http://www.bc3research.org/join_us/job_offers.html.
- Do we dare to question economic growth? October 20, 2014By Warwick Smith First published at The Guardian on 13 October 2014. We’ve all been so effectively sold the line that endless growth is essential to maintain and improve our quality of life. This couldn’t be further from the truth. … Continue reading →
- Cambridge Festival of Ideas, Panel on Gender and Green Governance October 15, 20144.30pm – 6pm, Friday 24 OctoberLittle Hall, Sidgwick Site, CB3 9DA Gender and Green Governance Can the gender composition of groups managing local forests affect conservation outcomes? This simple question has been little addressed, despite the substantial literature on women’s … Continue reading →
- University of Idaho Job Posting October 15, 2014University of Idaho: Assistant/Associate Professor of Natural Resource Economics Location: Moscow Division/College: College of Natural Resources Department: Conservation Social Sciences Employee Category: Faculty Classification Group Title: Regular Faculty Tenure Tracking: Tenure Track Rank: Negotiable (must be justified) Interim/Term Appointment: No … Continue reading →
- Top 25 Articles in Economics, Econometrics and Finance for April to June 2014 October 14, 2014Top 25 Hottest Articles Economics, Econometrics and Finance Ecological Economics April to June 2014 1. A typology for the classification, description and valuation of ecosystem functions, goods and services • Article Ecological Economics, Volume 41, Issue 3, June 2002, Pages … Continue reading →
- Latin American Conference October 14, 2014First Latin American Meeting on Enviromental Conflicts (COLCA 2014)General Sarmiento University, Buenos Aires, October 27-29, 2014www.ungs.edu.ar/colca2014 With an expected participation of around 1.100 participants from practically all the countries of Latin America (and Spain/Catalunya too…) and more than 450 papers … Continue reading →
- Oxford Winter School in Ecological Economics October 14, 2014Oxford Winter School in Ecological Economics 2015 will be held at St Hilda’s College, Oxford. 4-8 January 2015 in Oxford, UK. This course explores the cutting edge methods and policy applications in ecological economics, an interdisciplinary field emerged in response … Continue reading →
- Full Professor of Sustainability Economics October 7, 2014Leuphana University of Lueneburg, Germany SUSTAINABILITY ECONOMICS (W3) A well-grounded understanding of economic interconnections and approaches is central to advancing sustainable development. Along with developing and analyzing various sustainability concepts, questions concerning stakeholder behavior have become ever more important for … Continue reading →
- Foley & Taylor named 2015 Leontief Prize Winners October 3, 2014Tufts Institute to award annual economics prize to Duncan Foley & Lance Taylor Leontief Prize recognizes work on economic implications of climate change GDAE will award its 2015 Leontief Prize for Advancing the Frontiers of Economic Thought to Duncan Foley … Continue reading →
- Environmental Economist at Emory University September 23, 2014The Department of Environmental Sciences in Emory College seeks an Environmental or Ecological Economist at the Associate Professor or Full Professor level to begin Fall 2015. We are seeking candidates with expertise in economic perspectives whose research is at the … Continue reading →
- Jobs at BC3 – Basque Centre for Climate Change October 29, 2014
Category Archives: Graduate Opportunities
Environment Europe has made images from the Oxford Summers School in Ecological Economics 2014 available to view on their Facebook Page. Click here to access. They also thank Mr. Yann Arthus-Bertrand and the Good Planet Foundation, for the permission to … Continue reading
Economics for the Anthropocene: Re-grounding the Human-Earth Relationship Economics for the Anthropocene offers exceptional graduate students the opportunity to collaborate in rethinking and redirecting the human/Earth relationship. POSITION: The Gund Institute at the University of Vermont (UVM) in Burlington, Vermont, … Continue reading
The University of Helsinki invites applications for three (3) Doctoral Student Positions in the *Doctoral Program in Interdisciplinary Environmental Sciences, (DENVI) for a 1–4 year period starting from 1 January 2014. The central themes of DENVI are environmental change and … Continue reading
The WU – Vienna University of Economics, Austria, – has launched a new unique English language master program: MSc Socio-Ecological Economics and Policy (SEEP). The main elements of the SEEP curriculum are: a conceptual framework for understanding global economic, environmental … Continue reading
The Master of Science in Sustainability Management program, co-sponsored by the Earth Institute and Columbia University’s School of Continuing Education, invites you to learn more about our exciting new curriculum developed to train and educate sustainability practitioners for a broad … Continue reading
Columbia University’s Earth Institute and the School of Continuing Education invite you to learn about the innovative M.S. in Sustainability Management at an information session on February 10, 2011 from 6:30pm to 8:00pm in the Presidential Room of Faculty House. … Continue reading
Invitation: September 30th Information Session for the Masters Program in Sustainability Management The Earth Institute, and the School of Continuing Education at Columbia University invite you to learn about the new Master of Science in Sustainability Management at an information … Continue reading
Bodø Graduate School of Business/Centre for Ecological Economics and Ethics, offer master courses in ecological economics (20 etc) + master thesis (30etc.). In addition we also offer the PhD course: Ethics, nature and society (10 etc) with focus on ecological … Continue reading
The Earth Institute and School of Continuing Education at Columbia University, invite you to join us for an information session on May 26th at 6:30 p.m. to learn more about the Master of Science in Sustainability Management. All organizations, whether … Continue reading
Tokyo Institute of Technology offers an up-to-date economics graduate level program including ecological, environmental and behavioral economics.
Rensselaer’s graduate economic degrees at the masters and doctoral levels focus on the program’s unique strength in ecological economics.
This is a graduate program offering a masters and doctorate degree that is trans-disciplinary and shares the philosophy of ecological economics. While no special degree of program in ecological economics is offered, those interested in ecological economics are able to … Continue reading
Edinburgh offers a masters degree that provides an opportunity to combine strong training in resource and environmental economics with fields such as conservation biology, environmental ethics, and soil protection and management among many others.