- USSEE Newsletter June 2020 Job Opportunities June 1, 2020The U.S. Forest Service’s Pacific Northwest Research Station is seeking to hire a Research Economist with a duty station in Portland Oregon in the near future. The entry-level of this Research Economist is GS-110-12. A Ph.D. in Environmental Economics, Natural Resource … Continue reading → The post USSEE Newsletter June 2020 Job Opportunities appeared first on […]
- ESA 2020 Virtual Annual Meeting June 1, 20202020 ESA Annual Meeting Harnessing the Ecological Data Revolution From August 3-6, ESA will virtually host the Annual Meeting for ecologists from around the world. This is an opportunity to join your colleagues and leaders from various fields for four … Continue reading → The post ESA 2020 Virtual Annual Meeting appeared first on The […]
- USSEE 2020 Board Elections Open June 1, 2020USSEE 2020 Board Elections Open Voting is now open for 5 available USSEE board positions. All active USSEE members should have received an email yesterday with voting information. You can read about the candidates and cast your vote visit our website … Continue reading → The post USSEE 2020 Board Elections Open appeared first on The […]
- Urban Economics Association’s Weekly Summer Online Lecture Series June 1, 2020Urban Economics Association’s Weekly Summer Online Lecture Series This June and July, the Urban Economics Association is organizing a weekly online lecture series on urban economics. The purpose of these lectures is to provide Ph.D. students, post-docs, and junior faculty … Continue reading → The post Urban Economics Association’s Weekly Summer Online Lecture Series appeared […]
- USSEE Round Table Discussion: Beyond GDP: Measuring Genuine Progress June 1, 2020USSEE Round Table Discussion: Beyond GDP: Measuring Genuine Progress Wednesday, June 3rd, 3 pm EDT. To register, visit https://www.eventbrite.com/e/ussee-panel-discussion-beyond-… About this Event: Genuine Progress Indicator (GPI) is a metric designed to take fuller account of the well-being of a nation, … Continue reading → The post USSEE Round Table Discussion: Beyond GDP: Measuring Genuine Progress […]
- FacingFuture.TV Call for Editors June 1, 2020Stuart Scott, our representative to the annual COP, the UN-sponsored climate negotiations, is in need of some volunteer assistance. He transitioned from ClimateMatters.TV for several COPs to ScientistsWarning.TV for a few more. Now he has broadened his focus yet again, … Continue reading → The post FacingFuture.TV Call for Editors appeared first on The International […]
- Updates and deadlines from the ISC: Calls for participation May 6, 2020Here are a number of important ISC initiatives and upcoming deadlines, which are outlined below. Nominations are sought to help establish a small group of experts that will represent the Council for an international alliance around COVID-19 education The ISC … Continue reading → The post Updates and deadlines from the ISC: Calls for participation […]
- MINE Discussion Paper Series May 4, 2020MINE – Mapping the Interplay between Nature and Economy A Digital Gateway to the Foundations of Ecological Economics Discussion Paper Series No. 658 Department of Economics Heidelberg University December 2018 https://www.uni-heidelberg.de/md/awi/forschung/deseminar/dp_658.pdf The post MINE Discussion Paper Series appeared first on The International Society for Ecological Economics.
- Independent Expert to Assist the Rio Doce Panel (RDP) April 20, 2020The International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN) seeks applications from qualified individuals with recognized expertise in social sciences; community participation and engagement; and community livelihoods, including indigenous and traditional communities, to serve on the Rio Doce Panel (RDP). IUCN … Continue reading → The post Independent Expert to Assist the Rio Doce Panel (RDP) […]
- Call for Nominations | IAFFE’s 2021 Agarwal Book Prize April 20, 20202021 SURAJ MAL AND SHYAMA DEVI AGARWAL BOOK PRIZE Call for Nominations Nomination Deadline: May 15, 2020 The International Association for Feminist Economics announces The Suraj Mal and Shyama Devi Agarwal Book Prize to be awarded biennially for a work … Continue reading → The post Call for Nominations | IAFFE’s 2021 Agarwal Book Prize […]
- USSEE Newsletter June 2020 Job Opportunities June 1, 2020
Category Archives: Research
The Research Database on Water Conservation is run in conjunction with the Environment Agency’s National Water Demand Management Centre. The Aims of the research database are to: collect and maintain information from organisations and individuals carrying out research, trials or … Continue reading
An excellent resource aimed for use by teachers, students and anyone with an interest in geography and how our planet works. It covers a wide range of environmental problems in detail and provides numerous links to other useful sites.
ENTRI is a fast, convenient, comprehensive online search service for finding information about environmental treaties and national resource indicators. The ENTRI system is unique in allowing you to construct queries that integrate these different types of data.
EU Center is a non-profit initiative for organisations who wish to contribute to the establishment of an open civil society and democratic discourse throughout Europe. It maintains a website whose aim is to provide practical assistance to institutions of higher … Continue reading
The EEA aims to support sustainable development and to help achieve significant and measurable improvement in Europe’s environment through the provision of timely, targeted, relevant and reliable information to policy making agents and the public.
FiscallyGreen.ca provides a one-stop shop for information on ecological fiscal reform (EFR) in Canada and around the world. This Web site provides a forum for highlighting the work of groups, organizations and bodies working on EFR in Canada. The site … Continue reading
Green Indian States Trust (GIST) is committed to help India achieve a better and sustainable future. We propose, through our “Green Accounting for Indian States & Union Territories Project” (“GAISP”), to build a framework of national accounts that presents genuine … Continue reading
GNET is an award-winning environmental technology, news and business center that promotes the use of innovative environmental technologies. This site is made possible by a cooperative agreement from the National Energy Technology Laboratory and the Department of Energy’s Office of … Continue reading
Global Resource Bank
GRID-Sioux Falls is very active in the development and design of scientifically credible products in a timely manner to support decision-making in areas where the international community is actively engaged, such as the Great Lakes region of Africa and the … Continue reading
The Information Center for the Environment (ICE) is a cooperative effort of environmental scientists at the University of California, Davis and collaborators at over thirty private, state, federal, and international organizations interested in environmental protection. ICE, in association with the … Continue reading
IIED’s Environmental Economics Programme aims to conduct policy-relevant analysis on the economics of sustainable development. This information is then disseminated in the form of books, papers, and journals, the majority of which are available free for download from the Programme’s … Continue reading
Leadership for Environment and Development (LEAD) is an international network of professionals committed to sustainable development. Its 1200 members from nearly 70 countries are drawn from business, media, public sectors, academia and non-government organizations. The LEAD network was set up … Continue reading
The New Zealand Centre for Ecological Economics was established in 2004 to provide techniques to help decision-makers in communities, industry and government work together to achieve sustainable outcomes. Research projects currently underway include analysing and minimising energy and material flows … Continue reading
Here you can find queries that provide many details concerning environmentally related taxes, fees and charges levied in OECD Member countries. This database has been developed in co-operation between OECD and the European Commission.