- Bina Agarwal Articles and Collaborations January 18, 2021Livelihoods in COVID times: Gendered perils and New pathways in India Agarwal, Bina. 2021. “Livelihoods in COVID times: Gendered perils and New pathways in India”, World Development, vol. 139, 2021. https://authors.elsevier.com/a/1cMmJ,6yxDEMW9 Revisiting Group Farming in a Post-Socialist Economy Agarwal, Bina, … Continue reading → The post Bina Agarwal Articles and Collaborations appeared first on The […]
- 2021 Joint Conference of ISEE, ESEE and DEGROWTH January 13, 2021The Joint Conference of ISEE, ESEE, and DEGROWTH in collaboration with Manchester University, UK Building Alternative Livelihoods in times of ecological and political crisis Given the continuing pandemic, the joint conference between the International Degrowth Research Network, the International Society … Continue reading → The post 2021 Joint Conference of ISEE, ESEE and DEGROWTH appeared […]
- Report from Stuart Scott regarding Vatican Internship January 13, 2021Report from Stuart Scott regarding the Internship at the Vatican: I would like to start this new year’s blank slate off on a very ‘up’ note. As you may or may not be aware, an outgrowth of Clóvis Cavalcanti’s and … Continue reading → The post Report from Stuart Scott regarding Vatican Internship appeared first […]
- 7th biennial Best Early Career Researcher Award January 12, 2021Enter the 7th biennial Best Early Career Researcher Award for the chance to win your registration and $250 to attend The International Society for Ecological Modelling Global Conference 2021. You will also have a speaking slot to present your paper. Deadline: 15 March 2021. Click here for details … Continue reading → The post 7th biennial Best Early Career Researcher Award appeared first […]
- Assistant Professor of Economics LUC – SES December 21, 2020Job Title: Assistant Professor of Economics. Background: Loyola University Chicago’s (LUC) School of Environmental Sustainability (SES) and Quinlan School of Business (QSB) invite applications for a 50/50 jointly appointed full-time, tenure-track endowed position at the rank of Assistant Professor/Advanced Assistant … Continue reading → The post Assistant Professor of Economics LUC – SES appeared first […]
- ESEE Job Opening for Website and Social Media Manager December 16, 2020ESEE is looking for a content manager for our website and social media channels. The job holder would regularly post news on and pertaining to ecological economics on the website (WordPress) as well as Twitter (@ESEEORG), Facebook, and LinkedIn. Content … Continue reading → The post ESEE Job Opening for Website and Social Media Manager […]
- Rethinking Ecological Economics: A Mayan Perspective December 14, 2020Rethinking Ecological Economics: A Mayan perspective Manuel May Castillo Albert Chan Dzul and David Barkin A global online symposium of the International Degrowth Network and the International Society for Ecological Economics was held from 1-4 September, with the theme Economy … Continue reading → The post Rethinking Ecological Economics: A Mayan Perspective appeared first on […]
- Economics and Climate Emergency December 9, 2020Economics and Climate Emergency Special Issue of the Journal Globalizations Introduction to the SI Gills, B. and J. Morgan. 2020a. ‘Economics and climate emergency’. Globalizations: 1-16. https://doi.org/10.1080/14747731.2020.1841527 Contents (alphabetical) Bacevic, J. 2020. ‘Unthinking knowledge production: from post-Covid to post-carbon futures’. … Continue reading → The post Economics and Climate Emergency appeared first on The International […]
- Tenure Track appointment-Black Studies in Geography and Environment November 19, 2020Faculty of Environmental and Urban Change The Faculty of Environmental and Urban Change (EUC), York University, invites highly qualified candidates to apply for a professorial stream tenure-track appointment in Black Studies in Geography and Environment at the Assistant Professor level, … Continue reading → The post Tenure Track appointment-Black Studies in Geography and Environment appeared […]
- Symposium Proposals Invited November 4, 2020Announcing The International Society for Ecological Modelling Global Conference 2021 The International Society for Ecological Modelling Global Conference 2021: Ecological Models for Tomorrow’s Solutions will take place from 12-16 October 2021 at the University of Toronto, Scarborough, Canada. We would like to invite … Continue reading → The post Symposium Proposals Invited appeared first on The International Society […]
- Bina Agarwal Articles and Collaborations January 18, 2021
Category Archives: Research
The Research Database on Water Conservation is run in conjunction with the Environment Agency’s National Water Demand Management Centre. The Aims of the research database are to: collect and maintain information from organisations and individuals carrying out research, trials or … Continue reading
An excellent resource aimed for use by teachers, students and anyone with an interest in geography and how our planet works. It covers a wide range of environmental problems in detail and provides numerous links to other useful sites.
ENTRI is a fast, convenient, comprehensive online search service for finding information about environmental treaties and national resource indicators. The ENTRI system is unique in allowing you to construct queries that integrate these different types of data.
EU Center is a non-profit initiative for organisations who wish to contribute to the establishment of an open civil society and democratic discourse throughout Europe. It maintains a website whose aim is to provide practical assistance to institutions of higher … Continue reading
The EEA aims to support sustainable development and to help achieve significant and measurable improvement in Europe’s environment through the provision of timely, targeted, relevant and reliable information to policy making agents and the public.
FiscallyGreen.ca provides a one-stop shop for information on ecological fiscal reform (EFR) in Canada and around the world. This Web site provides a forum for highlighting the work of groups, organizations and bodies working on EFR in Canada. The site … Continue reading
Green Indian States Trust (GIST) is committed to help India achieve a better and sustainable future. We propose, through our “Green Accounting for Indian States & Union Territories Project” (“GAISP”), to build a framework of national accounts that presents genuine … Continue reading
GNET is an award-winning environmental technology, news and business center that promotes the use of innovative environmental technologies. This site is made possible by a cooperative agreement from the National Energy Technology Laboratory and the Department of Energy’s Office of … Continue reading
Global Resource Bank
GRID-Sioux Falls is very active in the development and design of scientifically credible products in a timely manner to support decision-making in areas where the international community is actively engaged, such as the Great Lakes region of Africa and the … Continue reading
The Information Center for the Environment (ICE) is a cooperative effort of environmental scientists at the University of California, Davis and collaborators at over thirty private, state, federal, and international organizations interested in environmental protection. ICE, in association with the … Continue reading
IIED’s Environmental Economics Programme aims to conduct policy-relevant analysis on the economics of sustainable development. This information is then disseminated in the form of books, papers, and journals, the majority of which are available free for download from the Programme’s … Continue reading
Leadership for Environment and Development (LEAD) is an international network of professionals committed to sustainable development. Its 1200 members from nearly 70 countries are drawn from business, media, public sectors, academia and non-government organizations. The LEAD network was set up … Continue reading
The New Zealand Centre for Ecological Economics was established in 2004 to provide techniques to help decision-makers in communities, industry and government work together to achieve sustainable outcomes. Research projects currently underway include analysing and minimising energy and material flows … Continue reading
Here you can find queries that provide many details concerning environmentally related taxes, fees and charges levied in OECD Member countries. This database has been developed in co-operation between OECD and the European Commission.