- Tenure Track appointment-Black Studies in Geography and Environment November 19, 2020Faculty of Environmental and Urban Change The Faculty of Environmental and Urban Change (EUC), York University, invites highly qualified candidates to apply for a professorial stream tenure-track appointment in Black Studies in Geography and Environment at the Assistant Professor level, … Continue reading → The post Tenure Track appointment-Black Studies in Geography and Environment appeared […]
- Symposium Proposals Invited November 4, 2020Announcing The International Society for Ecological Modelling Global Conference 2021 The International Society for Ecological Modelling Global Conference 2021: Ecological Models for Tomorrow’s Solutions will take place from 12-16 October 2021 at the University of Toronto, Scarborough, Canada. We would like to invite … Continue reading → The post Symposium Proposals Invited appeared first on The International Society […]
- Making Indigenous-friendly businesses Chief Investigator (CI) November 2, 2020Project: Making Indigenous-friendly businesses Chief Investigator (CI) Professor Boyd Hunter (firstname.lastname@example.org) Centre for Social Research and Methods (CSRM), The Australian National University (ANU), Canberra, Australia Project description The ANU is looking for two Ph.D. candidates to commit to working on … Continue reading → The post Making Indigenous-friendly businesses Chief Investigator (CI) appeared first on […]
- Nature Research Associate or Senior Editor October 14, 2020Associate or Senior Editor, Quantitative Social Sciences (Nature Climate Change) London, Berlin or New York Closing date: November 12th 2020 Nature Research is a flagship portfolio of journals, products and services including Nature and the Nature-branded journals, dedicated to serving … Continue reading → The post Nature Research Associate or Senior Editor appeared first on […]
- Tenure Track Assistant Professor College of Wooster October 12, 2020The Department of Economics at the College of Wooster in Wooster, Ohio invites applications for a tenure-track position beginning August 2021. Qualified candidates must have a Ph.D. completed (or completion anticipated) in Economics or a closely held discipline that connects … Continue reading → The post Tenure Track Assistant Professor College of Wooster appeared first […]
- Online Workshop in Economics September 30, 2020Reflections on the thought of Manfred Max-Neef: A dialogue with contemporary economics Online Workshop 1-2 October, 8 am to 1 pm Chilean Time (UTC -3h) Zoom & YouTube / uachfacea Program Register The post Online Workshop in Economics appeared first on The International Society for Ecological Economics.
- Earth System Governance Session September 28, 2020Behavioural responses to turbulent times: How social innovation to steer sustainable governance of nature and promote carbon neutrality Needs innovative session at the 2020 Virtual Forum on Earth System Governance, September 16th, 2020. The Covid-19 outbreak interconnects a global economic, … Continue reading → The post Earth System Governance Session appeared first on The International […]
- Economics of Climate Change September 24, 2020The Economics of Climate Change How Culture has Impacted Sustainability: Social Justice, Environmental Justice, and Economic Equity Saturday, September 26, 2020 at 7 p.m. A discussion with Madhavi Venkatesan, PhD Register! Visit our Website The post Economics of Climate Change appeared first on The International Society for Ecological Economics.
- Joan Martinez-Alier Interview September 23, 2020Balzan Prize A few days ago Joan Martinez-Alier won the Balzan Prize, one of the most prestigious prizes in Europe, among other things by his contribution to the foundation of ecological economics and the promotion of environmental justice. Roldan Muradian … Continue reading → The post Joan Martinez-Alier Interview appeared first on The International Society […]
- 2020 Virtual Forum on Earth System Governance September 16, 2020INVITATION 2020 Virtual Forum on Earth System Governance, 15-17th September 2020: Between precarity and possibility: Implications of disruption for Earth System Governance Innovative session: September 16, 16-17.30. https://esgproject.eventsair.com/2020virtualforum/ Behavioural responses to turbulent times: social innovation to steer sustainable governance of nature … Continue reading → The post 2020 Virtual Forum on Earth System Governance appeared first […]
- Tenure Track appointment-Black Studies in Geography and Environment November 19, 2020
Category Archives: Research Information
The Centre for Science and Environment is one of India’s leading environmental NGOs with a deep interest in sustainable natural resource management. CSE’s strategy of “knowledge based activism” has won it wide respect and admiration for the quality of its … Continue reading
The Center for the Advancement of the Steady State Economy (CASSE) is a tax-exempt organization dedicated to advocating a sustainable economy with stabilized population and consumption. This economy is called a “steady state economy.” The purposes of CASSE are to: … Continue reading
The Database on Pesticides and the Environment is the result of information compiled from 1992 to 1996. It constitutes a unique source of information on pesticides used in Asia. For the first time, to our knowledge, pesticides widely used in … Continue reading
The Research Database on Water Conservation is run in conjunction with the Environment Agency’s National Water Demand Management Centre. The Aims of the research database are to: collect and maintain information from organisations and individuals carrying out research, trials or … Continue reading
An excellent resource aimed for use by teachers, students and anyone with an interest in geography and how our planet works. It covers a wide range of environmental problems in detail and provides numerous links to other useful sites.
ENTRI is a fast, convenient, comprehensive online search service for finding information about environmental treaties and national resource indicators. The ENTRI system is unique in allowing you to construct queries that integrate these different types of data.
EU Center is a non-profit initiative for organisations who wish to contribute to the establishment of an open civil society and democratic discourse throughout Europe. It maintains a website whose aim is to provide practical assistance to institutions of higher … Continue reading
The EEA aims to support sustainable development and to help achieve significant and measurable improvement in Europe’s environment through the provision of timely, targeted, relevant and reliable information to policy making agents and the public.
FiscallyGreen.ca provides a one-stop shop for information on ecological fiscal reform (EFR) in Canada and around the world. This Web site provides a forum for highlighting the work of groups, organizations and bodies working on EFR in Canada. The site … Continue reading
Green Indian States Trust (GIST) is committed to help India achieve a better and sustainable future. We propose, through our “Green Accounting for Indian States & Union Territories Project” (“GAISP”), to build a framework of national accounts that presents genuine … Continue reading
GNET is an award-winning environmental technology, news and business center that promotes the use of innovative environmental technologies. This site is made possible by a cooperative agreement from the National Energy Technology Laboratory and the Department of Energy’s Office of … Continue reading
Global Resource Bank
GRID-Sioux Falls is very active in the development and design of scientifically credible products in a timely manner to support decision-making in areas where the international community is actively engaged, such as the Great Lakes region of Africa and the … Continue reading
The Information Center for the Environment (ICE) is a cooperative effort of environmental scientists at the University of California, Davis and collaborators at over thirty private, state, federal, and international organizations interested in environmental protection. ICE, in association with the … Continue reading
IIED’s Environmental Economics Programme aims to conduct policy-relevant analysis on the economics of sustainable development. This information is then disseminated in the form of books, papers, and journals, the majority of which are available free for download from the Programme’s … Continue reading