- New Book: Sustainable Economics February 20, 2015New book Sustainable EconomicsContext, Challenges and Opportunities for the 21st Century Practitioner. (Greenleaf Publishing) Targeted at enabling the modern business student and practitioner to disentangle the complex debate relating to sustainability, this book provides the tools necessary to lead their … Continue reading →
- 2014 Top 25 Hottest Articles 4th Quarter February 19, 2015Top 25 Hottest Articles Economics, Econometrics and Finance Ecological Economics October to December 2014 Update on the environmental and economic costs associated with alien-invasive species in the United States • ArticleEcological Economics, Volume 52, Issue 3, February 2005, Pages 273-288Pimentel, … Continue reading →
- De Presidencia ASAUEE: VII Jornadas Comahue February 17, 2015De Presidencia ASAUEE: VII Jornadas Comahue Nov. 2015 Con mucho gusto los invitamos a nuestras VII Jornadas de la ASAUEE, en Neuquén (Argentina), a realizarse en Noviembre 2015. En la pag. adjunta, encontraran todos los datos y detalles que faciliten … Continue reading →
- “Experimental Auctions” Summer School February 16, 2015“Experimental Auctions” Summer School, Chania (Greece), July 7-14, 2015 (2nd announcement) Applications to attend the 2015 University of Bologna Summer School on “Experimental Auctions: Theory and Applications in Food Marketing and Consumer Preferences Analysis” are now open. The course is … Continue reading →
- Environmental History and Ecological Economics February 5, 2015Llamado al Primer Congreso de la Sociedad Andina de Economia Ecologica/International Congress on Environmental History and Ecological Economics. To download the brochure click here.
- Anuncio para Neotropica February 4, 2015To download our brochure in English click here. In Español click here.
- 2015 Elinor Ostrom Prize Shortlist February 3, 2015A prize of £1000 is awarded each year for the best full-length article published in the Journal of Institutional Economics in the preceding calendar year. The award is funded by the Foundation for European Economic Development. Each annual prize competition … Continue reading →
- Macroeconomics in the Age of Climate Change January 27, 2015Join GDAE for the 2015 Leontief Prize award ceremony and lecturesLectures by Prize winners Duncan Foley and Lance Taylor on the theme Macroeconomics in the Age of Climate Change Monday, March 23, 2015 at 5:30ASEAN Auditorium, Fletcher School, Tufts University … Continue reading →
- 2015 Nobel Peace Prize January 23, 2015Stuart Scott, IESCO, Deputy Director General for the North American Region and Climate Change Issues; See end for update Again this year I am actively promoting both the Nobel Peace Prize and the Economics Prize, to be awarded in a … Continue reading →
- Introduction to Ecological Economics Second Edition January 20, 2015Robert Costanza’s new book: Introduction to Ecological Economics, Second Edition. This edition is a major update and expansion of the 1997 first edition. Ecological economics explores new ways of thinking about how we manage our lives and our planet to … Continue reading →
- New Book: Sustainable Economics February 20, 2015
Category Archives: Research Information
The Centre for Science and Environment is one of India’s leading environmental NGOs with a deep interest in sustainable natural resource management. CSE’s strategy of “knowledge based activism” has won it wide respect and admiration for the quality of its … Continue reading
The Center for the Advancement of the Steady State Economy (CASSE) is a tax-exempt organization dedicated to advocating a sustainable economy with stabilized population and consumption. This economy is called a “steady state economy.” The purposes of CASSE are to: … Continue reading
The Database on Pesticides and the Environment is the result of information compiled from 1992 to 1996. It constitutes a unique source of information on pesticides used in Asia. For the first time, to our knowledge, pesticides widely used in … Continue reading
The Research Database on Water Conservation is run in conjunction with the Environment Agency’s National Water Demand Management Centre. The Aims of the research database are to: collect and maintain information from organisations and individuals carrying out research, trials or … Continue reading
An excellent resource aimed for use by teachers, students and anyone with an interest in geography and how our planet works. It covers a wide range of environmental problems in detail and provides numerous links to other useful sites.
ENTRI is a fast, convenient, comprehensive online search service for finding information about environmental treaties and national resource indicators. The ENTRI system is unique in allowing you to construct queries that integrate these different types of data.
EU Center is a non-profit initiative for organisations who wish to contribute to the establishment of an open civil society and democratic discourse throughout Europe. It maintains a website whose aim is to provide practical assistance to institutions of higher … Continue reading
The EEA aims to support sustainable development and to help achieve significant and measurable improvement in Europe’s environment through the provision of timely, targeted, relevant and reliable information to policy making agents and the public.
FiscallyGreen.ca provides a one-stop shop for information on ecological fiscal reform (EFR) in Canada and around the world. This Web site provides a forum for highlighting the work of groups, organizations and bodies working on EFR in Canada. The site … Continue reading
Green Indian States Trust (GIST) is committed to help India achieve a better and sustainable future. We propose, through our “Green Accounting for Indian States & Union Territories Project” (“GAISP”), to build a framework of national accounts that presents genuine … Continue reading
GNET is an award-winning environmental technology, news and business center that promotes the use of innovative environmental technologies. This site is made possible by a cooperative agreement from the National Energy Technology Laboratory and the Department of Energy’s Office of … Continue reading
Global Resource Bank
GRID-Sioux Falls is very active in the development and design of scientifically credible products in a timely manner to support decision-making in areas where the international community is actively engaged, such as the Great Lakes region of Africa and the … Continue reading
The Information Center for the Environment (ICE) is a cooperative effort of environmental scientists at the University of California, Davis and collaborators at over thirty private, state, federal, and international organizations interested in environmental protection. ICE, in association with the … Continue reading
IIED’s Environmental Economics Programme aims to conduct policy-relevant analysis on the economics of sustainable development. This information is then disseminated in the form of books, papers, and journals, the majority of which are available free for download from the Programme’s … Continue reading