- Limits of Economic and Social Knowledge October 6, 2015Insightful new book by Stephen DeCanio Limits of Economic and Social Knowledge Stephen J. DeCanio It might seem that contemporary economic theory offers a scientific account of choice among alternatives. Yet this is only superficially the case; the behavior of … Continue reading →
- Ecological Economics at COP-21 October 6, 2015A Message from Stuart Scott Will you be going to COP-21 in Paris this year? Are you interested in going? Or do you simply live close enough to Paris to come for a day or two? I have been for … Continue reading →
- Extended Deadline for ISEE 2016 Session Proposals October 6, 2015DEADLINE FOR SESSION PROPOSALS EXTENDED TO OCTOBER 15! International Society of Ecological Economics (ISEE) 2016 Conference http://www.isee2016.com/ Transforming the Economy: Sustaining Food, Water, Energy and Justice Washington DC June 26 – 29, 2016
- Humboldt Institute Award for Climate Action to David Barkin October 5, 2015The Humboldt Institute is proud to announce that the Vice President of the Meso-American Society for Ecological Economics, SMEE, David Barkin, has been awarded the prestigious Humboldt Award for Climate and Ecological Action. See the link for details. (Spanish)
- Save the Date | 26-29 June 2016 | Transforming the Economy October 5, 2015The College of Agriculture, Urban Sustainability and Environmental Sciences of the University of the District of Columbia hosts ISEE2016 Transforming the Economy: Sustaining Food, Water, Energy and Justice June 26-29, 2016 Washington, DC Additional details at www.isee2016.com.
- Research Fellow in Systemic Approaches to Low Carbon Transitions October 1, 2015The Centre for Climate Change Economics and Policy (CCCEP), which brings together some of the world’s leading interdisciplinary researchers on climate change economics and policy, is funding this Research Fellow position at the University of Leeds. The research will undertake a systemic, co-evolutionary analysis … Continue reading →
- Oxford Forum for Sustainable Cities 2015 September 28, 201517 December – 21 December 2015 Oxford Forum for Sustainable Cities 2015 will be held at Balliol College, Oxford. Green Economy, Sustainable Urbanism and Policy This forum will explore the state of the art and policy applications in sustainable urban … Continue reading →
- ISEE 2018 Call for Location Proposals September 23, 2015Call for future ISEE Conference Organizers ISEE holds its conference biennially. These conferences normally attract 500-900 social and natural scientists. In 2010 we met in Oldenburgh, in 2012 in Rio de Janeiro, in 2014 in Iceland, and will meet in … Continue reading →
- CFP SCORAI 2016_Deadline Approaching September 21, 2015Second International Conference of the Sustainable Consumption Research and Action Initiative (SCORAI) “Transitions Beyond a Consumer Society” University of Maine, June 15–17, 2016 DEADLINE FOR ABSTRACT SUBMISSION SEPT 30TH The Sustainable Consumption Research and Action Initiative is holding its second … Continue reading →
- Handbook of Ecological Economics September 16, 2015Edited by Joan Martínez-Alier, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Spain and Roldan Muradian, Universidade Federal Fluminense, Brazil ‘This volume is a much-needed addition to the literature on ecological economics. The essays in this volume represent a return to the basic ontological … Continue reading →
- Limits of Economic and Social Knowledge October 6, 2015
Category Archives: Research Information
The Centre for Science and Environment is one of India’s leading environmental NGOs with a deep interest in sustainable natural resource management. CSE’s strategy of “knowledge based activism” has won it wide respect and admiration for the quality of its … Continue reading
The Center for the Advancement of the Steady State Economy (CASSE) is a tax-exempt organization dedicated to advocating a sustainable economy with stabilized population and consumption. This economy is called a “steady state economy.” The purposes of CASSE are to: … Continue reading
The Database on Pesticides and the Environment is the result of information compiled from 1992 to 1996. It constitutes a unique source of information on pesticides used in Asia. For the first time, to our knowledge, pesticides widely used in … Continue reading
The Research Database on Water Conservation is run in conjunction with the Environment Agency’s National Water Demand Management Centre. The Aims of the research database are to: collect and maintain information from organisations and individuals carrying out research, trials or … Continue reading
An excellent resource aimed for use by teachers, students and anyone with an interest in geography and how our planet works. It covers a wide range of environmental problems in detail and provides numerous links to other useful sites.
ENTRI is a fast, convenient, comprehensive online search service for finding information about environmental treaties and national resource indicators. The ENTRI system is unique in allowing you to construct queries that integrate these different types of data.
EU Center is a non-profit initiative for organisations who wish to contribute to the establishment of an open civil society and democratic discourse throughout Europe. It maintains a website whose aim is to provide practical assistance to institutions of higher … Continue reading
The EEA aims to support sustainable development and to help achieve significant and measurable improvement in Europe’s environment through the provision of timely, targeted, relevant and reliable information to policy making agents and the public.
FiscallyGreen.ca provides a one-stop shop for information on ecological fiscal reform (EFR) in Canada and around the world. This Web site provides a forum for highlighting the work of groups, organizations and bodies working on EFR in Canada. The site … Continue reading
Green Indian States Trust (GIST) is committed to help India achieve a better and sustainable future. We propose, through our “Green Accounting for Indian States & Union Territories Project” (“GAISP”), to build a framework of national accounts that presents genuine … Continue reading
GNET is an award-winning environmental technology, news and business center that promotes the use of innovative environmental technologies. This site is made possible by a cooperative agreement from the National Energy Technology Laboratory and the Department of Energy’s Office of … Continue reading
Global Resource Bank
GRID-Sioux Falls is very active in the development and design of scientifically credible products in a timely manner to support decision-making in areas where the international community is actively engaged, such as the Great Lakes region of Africa and the … Continue reading
The Information Center for the Environment (ICE) is a cooperative effort of environmental scientists at the University of California, Davis and collaborators at over thirty private, state, federal, and international organizations interested in environmental protection. ICE, in association with the … Continue reading
IIED’s Environmental Economics Programme aims to conduct policy-relevant analysis on the economics of sustainable development. This information is then disseminated in the form of books, papers, and journals, the majority of which are available free for download from the Programme’s … Continue reading