- Updates and deadlines from the ISC: Calls for participation May 6, 2020Here are a number of important ISC initiatives and upcoming deadlines, which are outlined below. Nominations are sought to help establish a small group of experts that will represent the Council for an international alliance around COVID-19 education The ISC … Continue reading → The post Updates and deadlines from the ISC: Calls for participation […]
- MINE Discussion Paper Series May 4, 2020MINE – Mapping the Interplay between Nature and Economy A Digital Gateway to the Foundations of Ecological Economics Discussion Paper Series No. 658 Department of Economics Heidelberg University December 2018 https://www.uni-heidelberg.de/md/awi/forschung/deseminar/dp_658.pdf The post MINE Discussion Paper Series appeared first on The International Society for Ecological Economics.
- Independent Expert to Assist the Rio Doce Panel (RDP) April 20, 2020The International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN) seeks applications from qualified individuals with recognized expertise in social sciences; community participation and engagement; and community livelihoods, including indigenous and traditional communities, to serve on the Rio Doce Panel (RDP). IUCN … Continue reading → The post Independent Expert to Assist the Rio Doce Panel (RDP) […]
- Call for Nominations | IAFFE’s 2021 Agarwal Book Prize April 20, 20202021 SURAJ MAL AND SHYAMA DEVI AGARWAL BOOK PRIZE Call for Nominations Nomination Deadline: May 15, 2020 The International Association for Feminist Economics announces The Suraj Mal and Shyama Devi Agarwal Book Prize to be awarded biennially for a work … Continue reading → The post Call for Nominations | IAFFE’s 2021 Agarwal Book Prize […]
- ISEE Past-President Bina Agarwal in the News April 20, 2020Indian Express An edit page piece in Indian Express on strategic antibody testing to ease the lockdown in key sectors. UNU-WIDER Blog Blog post published by UNU-WIDER: COVID-19 and lockdowns: Are women more affected? The Impact of Lockdown on Poor Households … Continue reading → The post ISEE Past-President Bina Agarwal in the News appeared first […]
- UVM Earth Week panel discussion: Sustainability in the Pandemic Era on April 21, 2020 April 14, 2020The University of Vermont’s Gund Institute for Environment will host a virtual event, Sustainability in the Pandemic Era, on April 21 from 2:30-4 pm EDT. This Earth Week panel discussion will showcase perspectives on COVID-19 from Gund Fellows and Affiliates, including reports on preliminary research, … Continue reading → The post UVM Earth Week panel discussion: Sustainability in the Pandemic […]
- USSEE Webinar Series April 15, 2020 April 14, 2020USSEE Webinar Series: Ostrom, Commons, and Voluntary Environmental Programs Wednesday, April 15th, 1 pm EDT Erik Nordman will apply concepts from Elinor Ostrom’s work on managing the commons to analyze the 2030 District Energy Program About this Event Twenty cities … Continue reading → The post USSEE Webinar Series April 15, 2020 appeared first on […]
- USSEE March Newsletter March 30, 2020On behalf of the USSEE Board of Directors and staff, I would like to extend my best wishes to you all as you adapt to these unprecedented global challenges related to the COVID-19 pandemic. I realize that many of you … Continue reading → The post USSEE March Newsletter appeared first on The International Society […]
- Live Chat with Herman Daly and Kate Raworth March 30, 2020Herman Daly and Kate Raworth on Pandemic-Resistant Economies Tuesday, March 31 at 12 Noon Eastern As a follow-up to last Friday’s “After the Pandemic” webinar (available here on YouTube if you missed it), Andy Revkin is hosting a live chat TOMORROW with Herman Daly and Kate Raworth on … Continue reading → The post Live Chat with Herman Daly and Kate Raworth appeared […]
- E4A Webinar March 24 at Noon March 24, 2020“Anthropocene to the Ecozoic” Webinar on Wednesday, March 25 at 12 noon EDT This Wednesday at 12 noon EDT is the next webinar in our series “From the Anthropocene to the Ecozoic”. The last Wednesday of every month we’ll be highlighting … Continue reading → The post E4A Webinar March 24 at Noon appeared first on […]
- Updates and deadlines from the ISC: Calls for participation May 6, 2020
Category Archives: Research Information
The Centre for Science and Environment is one of India’s leading environmental NGOs with a deep interest in sustainable natural resource management. CSE’s strategy of “knowledge based activism” has won it wide respect and admiration for the quality of its … Continue reading
The Center for the Advancement of the Steady State Economy (CASSE) is a tax-exempt organization dedicated to advocating a sustainable economy with stabilized population and consumption. This economy is called a “steady state economy.” The purposes of CASSE are to: … Continue reading
The Database on Pesticides and the Environment is the result of information compiled from 1992 to 1996. It constitutes a unique source of information on pesticides used in Asia. For the first time, to our knowledge, pesticides widely used in … Continue reading
The Research Database on Water Conservation is run in conjunction with the Environment Agency’s National Water Demand Management Centre. The Aims of the research database are to: collect and maintain information from organisations and individuals carrying out research, trials or … Continue reading
An excellent resource aimed for use by teachers, students and anyone with an interest in geography and how our planet works. It covers a wide range of environmental problems in detail and provides numerous links to other useful sites.
ENTRI is a fast, convenient, comprehensive online search service for finding information about environmental treaties and national resource indicators. The ENTRI system is unique in allowing you to construct queries that integrate these different types of data.
EU Center is a non-profit initiative for organisations who wish to contribute to the establishment of an open civil society and democratic discourse throughout Europe. It maintains a website whose aim is to provide practical assistance to institutions of higher … Continue reading
The EEA aims to support sustainable development and to help achieve significant and measurable improvement in Europe’s environment through the provision of timely, targeted, relevant and reliable information to policy making agents and the public.
FiscallyGreen.ca provides a one-stop shop for information on ecological fiscal reform (EFR) in Canada and around the world. This Web site provides a forum for highlighting the work of groups, organizations and bodies working on EFR in Canada. The site … Continue reading
Green Indian States Trust (GIST) is committed to help India achieve a better and sustainable future. We propose, through our “Green Accounting for Indian States & Union Territories Project” (“GAISP”), to build a framework of national accounts that presents genuine … Continue reading
GNET is an award-winning environmental technology, news and business center that promotes the use of innovative environmental technologies. This site is made possible by a cooperative agreement from the National Energy Technology Laboratory and the Department of Energy’s Office of … Continue reading
Global Resource Bank
GRID-Sioux Falls is very active in the development and design of scientifically credible products in a timely manner to support decision-making in areas where the international community is actively engaged, such as the Great Lakes region of Africa and the … Continue reading
The Information Center for the Environment (ICE) is a cooperative effort of environmental scientists at the University of California, Davis and collaborators at over thirty private, state, federal, and international organizations interested in environmental protection. ICE, in association with the … Continue reading
IIED’s Environmental Economics Programme aims to conduct policy-relevant analysis on the economics of sustainable development. This information is then disseminated in the form of books, papers, and journals, the majority of which are available free for download from the Programme’s … Continue reading