- PhD student to conduct research in the field of environmental economics at the University of Southampton November 11, 2014Project Title: Preferences for ecosystem services Apply Now: http://www.southampton.ac.uk/geography/postgraduate/research_degrees/apply.page? Project Supervisor(s): Dr M Schaafsma (School of Geography), Dr E Mentzakis (Economics Division, Social Sciences) Email Enquiry: For informal inquiries, please contact Marije Schaafsma: M.Schaafsma@soton.ac.uk Weblink: http://www.southampton.ac.uk/geography/postgraduate/research_degrees/studentships.page Application Deadline: 31 December … Continue reading →
- Tribute to Kenneth Boulding November 6, 2014Tribute to Kenneth Boulding by 2014 award recipient Peter Victor Peter Victor paid tribute to Kenneth Boulding at the meeting of the International Society for Ecological Economics at Reykjiavik, Iceland on 13th August 2014 at the presentation of the 2014 … Continue reading →
- Applications are open for Kinship Conservation Fellows 2015 November 5, 2014ENVIRONMENTAL LEADERSHIP PROGRAM Kinship Conservation Fellows is a groundbreaking environmental leadership program that emphasizes market-based solutions to environmental problems. Kinship’s dynamic global network of 210 Fellows in 48 countries and 6 continents is collaborative, entrepreneurial, and dedicated to effective conservation. … Continue reading →
- 25 Hottest Articles || July – September 2014 November 5, 2014Ecological Economics July – September 2014 A typology for the classification, description and valuation of ecosystem functions, goods and services • Article Ecological Economics, Volume 41, Issue 3, June 2002, Pages 393-408 de Groot, Rudolf S; Wilson, Matthew A; Boumans, … Continue reading →
- Director of the Policy Analysis Group November 4, 2014University of IdahoDirector of the Policy Analysis Group Location: MoscowDivision/College: College of Natural ResourcesDepartment: Conservation Social SciencesEmployee Category: FacultyClassification Group Title: Dept Head/Chair/DirectorTenure Tracking: Tenure TrackRank: Negotiable (must be justified)Interim/Term Appointment: NoMulti-Year Contract (Non-Tenure Track): Not ApplicablePosition Type: PermanentPay Range: … Continue reading →
- Note on Brazilian Deforestation Statistics November 4, 2014Note by ECOECO regarding the Brazilian government’s failure to publish data from the DETER deforestation monitoring system in the Brazilian Amazon To control deforestation in the Amazon, the information furnished by satellite imagery are fundamental. The Brazilian Ministry of the … Continue reading →
- Jobs at BC3 – Basque Centre for Climate Change October 29, 2014Scientific Director The applications close the 27th of January 2015. For more information visit http://www.bc3research.org/join_us/job_offers.html.
- Do we dare to question economic growth? October 20, 2014By Warwick Smith First published at The Guardian on 13 October 2014. We’ve all been so effectively sold the line that endless growth is essential to maintain and improve our quality of life. This couldn’t be further from the truth. … Continue reading →
- Cambridge Festival of Ideas, Panel on Gender and Green Governance October 15, 20144.30pm – 6pm, Friday 24 OctoberLittle Hall, Sidgwick Site, CB3 9DA Gender and Green Governance Can the gender composition of groups managing local forests affect conservation outcomes? This simple question has been little addressed, despite the substantial literature on women’s … Continue reading →
- University of Idaho Job Posting October 15, 2014University of Idaho: Assistant/Associate Professor of Natural Resource Economics Location: Moscow Division/College: College of Natural Resources Department: Conservation Social Sciences Employee Category: Faculty Classification Group Title: Regular Faculty Tenure Tracking: Tenure Track Rank: Negotiable (must be justified) Interim/Term Appointment: No … Continue reading →
- PhD student to conduct research in the field of environmental economics at the University of Southampton November 11, 2014
Category Archives: Research Information
The Centre for Science and Environment is one of India’s leading environmental NGOs with a deep interest in sustainable natural resource management. CSE’s strategy of “knowledge based activism” has won it wide respect and admiration for the quality of its … Continue reading
The Center for the Advancement of the Steady State Economy (CASSE) is a tax-exempt organization dedicated to advocating a sustainable economy with stabilized population and consumption. This economy is called a “steady state economy.” The purposes of CASSE are to: … Continue reading
The Database on Pesticides and the Environment is the result of information compiled from 1992 to 1996. It constitutes a unique source of information on pesticides used in Asia. For the first time, to our knowledge, pesticides widely used in … Continue reading
The Research Database on Water Conservation is run in conjunction with the Environment Agency’s National Water Demand Management Centre. The Aims of the research database are to: collect and maintain information from organisations and individuals carrying out research, trials or … Continue reading
An excellent resource aimed for use by teachers, students and anyone with an interest in geography and how our planet works. It covers a wide range of environmental problems in detail and provides numerous links to other useful sites.
ENTRI is a fast, convenient, comprehensive online search service for finding information about environmental treaties and national resource indicators. The ENTRI system is unique in allowing you to construct queries that integrate these different types of data.
EU Center is a non-profit initiative for organisations who wish to contribute to the establishment of an open civil society and democratic discourse throughout Europe. It maintains a website whose aim is to provide practical assistance to institutions of higher … Continue reading
The EEA aims to support sustainable development and to help achieve significant and measurable improvement in Europe’s environment through the provision of timely, targeted, relevant and reliable information to policy making agents and the public.
FiscallyGreen.ca provides a one-stop shop for information on ecological fiscal reform (EFR) in Canada and around the world. This Web site provides a forum for highlighting the work of groups, organizations and bodies working on EFR in Canada. The site … Continue reading
Green Indian States Trust (GIST) is committed to help India achieve a better and sustainable future. We propose, through our “Green Accounting for Indian States & Union Territories Project” (“GAISP”), to build a framework of national accounts that presents genuine … Continue reading
GNET is an award-winning environmental technology, news and business center that promotes the use of innovative environmental technologies. This site is made possible by a cooperative agreement from the National Energy Technology Laboratory and the Department of Energy’s Office of … Continue reading
Global Resource Bank
GRID-Sioux Falls is very active in the development and design of scientifically credible products in a timely manner to support decision-making in areas where the international community is actively engaged, such as the Great Lakes region of Africa and the … Continue reading
The Information Center for the Environment (ICE) is a cooperative effort of environmental scientists at the University of California, Davis and collaborators at over thirty private, state, federal, and international organizations interested in environmental protection. ICE, in association with the … Continue reading
IIED’s Environmental Economics Programme aims to conduct policy-relevant analysis on the economics of sustainable development. This information is then disseminated in the form of books, papers, and journals, the majority of which are available free for download from the Programme’s … Continue reading