- 2020 Bratislava Conference on Earth System Governance January 8, 20202020 Bratislava Conference on Earth System Governance Earth System Governance in turbulent times: prospects for political and behavioral responses Bratislava, 15-17 September 2020 2020 Bratislava Conference on Earth System Governance, which will be held on 15-17 September 2020 in Bratislava, … Continue reading → The post 2020 Bratislava Conference on Earth System Governance appeared first […]
- Assistant Research Scientist in Ecosystem Services (University of Michigan, CIGLR) January 7, 2020Assistant Research Scientist in Ecosystem ServicesCooperative Institute for Great Lakes Research University of Michigan, Ann Arbor The Cooperative Institute for Great Lakes Research (CIGLR) seeks applications for a full-time Assistant Research Scientist with expertise in quantifying the monetary and/or non-monetary … Continue reading → The post Assistant Research Scientist in Ecosystem Services (University of Michigan, […]
- Revista Iberoamericana de Econimia Ecologica, Volumen 30 December 30, 20192019 REVISTA IBEROAMERICANA DE ECONOMIA ECOLÓGICA Volume 30, Número 1 To read more and find links to articles, visit https://redibec.org/ojs/index.php/revibec/issue/view/30. The post Revista Iberoamericana de Econimia Ecologica, Volumen 30 appeared first on The International Society for Ecological Economics.
- Population Matters | One Year in Review December 30, 2019Director’s Message To steal Ervin Drake’s Christmas song made famous by Frank Sinatra, ‘It was a very good year’ for Population Matters, as the Annual Report shows. For me, key events and activities were our increased focus and developing partnerships with fellow … Continue reading → The post Population Matters | One Year in Review appeared first […]
- 2021 Planetary Health Alliance Annual Meeting December 28, 2019In the words of Greta Thunberg’s closing speech at the recent COP25 in Madrid: “In just a few weeks we will enter a new decade; a decade that will define our future.” As 2019 comes to a close, the PHA … Continue reading → The post 2021 Planetary Health Alliance Annual Meeting appeared first on […]
- Letter from Outgoing President of ISEE December 28, 2019Letter from Outgoing President of ISEE Olinda (Brazil), December 23rd, 2019. When I accepted to be the ISEE president-elect candidate, I explained that my desire had always been to challenge the conventional economics I learned at the university (Yale, among … Continue reading → The post Letter from Outgoing President of ISEE appeared first on […]
- Nature Needs Half (NNH) Initiative December 28, 2019Upcoming Opportunities ISEE to influence Nature Needs Half initiative: The ISEE is encouraged to participate in upcoming events in 2020 that are expected to contribute greatly to defining an internationally recognized framework for biodiversity protection over the next decade and … Continue reading → The post Nature Needs Half (NNH) Initiative appeared first on The […]
- Herman Daly in the RWER December 19, 2019Real-World Economics Review Issue No. 90 Subscribe for Free The importance of ecological economics: An interview with Herman Daly Herman Daly and Jamie Morgan [University of Maryland, USA; Leeds Becket University, UK] Copyright: Herman Daly and Jamie Morgan 2019 The post Herman Daly in the RWER appeared first on The International Society for Ecological Economics.
- Manifestation of Life December 11, 2019Manifestation of Life by Clóvis Cavalcanti Bugles, trumpets sound; birds trill. And the waters of a stream slide sweetly. The blue of the sky shines brighter than ever. An intense golden light emanates from the crowned star. Children sing and … Continue reading → The post Manifestation of Life appeared first on The International Society […]
- World Scientists’ Warning of a Climate Emergency December 11, 2019World Scientists’ Warning of a Climate Emergency is now in BioScience Magazine! The World Scientists’ Warning of a Climate Emergency paper is being widely reported on by the mass media. We are now collecting more scientist signatures on the … Continue reading → The post World Scientists’ Warning of a Climate Emergency appeared first […]
- 2020 Bratislava Conference on Earth System Governance January 8, 2020
Category Archives: Research Projects
The Food Systems PRISM Lab (www.prismlab.weebly.com) at the University of British Columbia – Okanagan is seeking high-caliber undergraduate, Masters, PhD and Postdoctoral researchers who have a strong interest in research and publication in the field of food system sustainability. Students … Continue reading
Research Fellow, in the Political Economy of Electricity Provision Are you an ambitious researcher looking for your next challenge? Do you have a background in economics, political economy, economic geography or ecological economics, and an interest in energy studies? Do … Continue reading
Deep-Learning Faculty Researcher Vermont EPSCoR is recruiting a research assistant professor with expertise in machine learning and complex systems modeling to join our NSF-funded research on Basin Resilience to Extreme Events (BREE). We are in the second year of a … Continue reading
Doctoral and Post-Doctoral Researchers Energy and the Post-Carbon Economy The department of Environmental Studies at the Faculty of Social Studies (FSS) of Masaryk University (MU) is inviting applications for one full time doctoral and one post-doctoral researcher Situated in Brno, … Continue reading
The Institute for New Economic Thinking aims to foster open discourse and to advance new thinking on economic issues and theory. The Institute’s notion of new economic thinking is deliberately open and non-dogmatic. Our hope is to support research … Continue reading
CEECEC (Civil Society Engagement with ECological EConomics), is a European Commission FP7 funded project (Apr 2008-Oct 2010) coordinated by ICTA UAB that aims to enable civil society Organisations (CSOs) to engage in and lead collaborative research with ecological economists. Read … Continue reading
The Carnegie Council has initiated a multi-site, multi-year collaborative research project to explain and compare values and their role in environmental policy making in China, India, Japan, and the United States. The project’s goal is to increase understanding of the … Continue reading
Sustainable Communities/ZERI-NM (SCZ) supports environmentally, socially and economically sustainable projects, businesses and activities in small communities in New Mexico and on the US/Mexico border.