Environmental Studies Program
Hinman Box 6182, 113 Steele Hall
Hanover, New Hampshire 03755, U.S.A.
July 5, 2012
Postdoctoral Research Associate: Ecosystem Services
Environmental Studies Program, Dartmouth College
The Environmental Studies Program at Dartmouth College aims to recruit a Postdoctoral Research Associate with expertise in the science, valuation, and governance of ecosystem services. The successful applicant will work in an interdisciplinary team under the direction of Professor Richard Howarth on a multi-year, multi-institution project sponsored by the National Science Foundation to study the links between forests, watersheds, and socioeconomic systems in the State of New Hampshire. The project provides opportunities related to:
• The analysis of tradeoffs between timber values, carbon storage, surface albedo, and biodiversity in the management of forests.
• Stakeholder research and the use of scenario analysis to project and evaluate changes in land use and resource management.
The successful applicant will have completed (or be near completion of) a PhD in environmental studies, ecological economics, conservation biology, natural resource management, or a related field. To apply, please send a cover letter, c.v., a representative publication, and the names and addresses of three references to:
Prof. Richard B. Howarth
Environmental Studies Program
The position offers a competitive salary and benefits with a start date of September 1, 2012 or as negotiated. Applications will be considered until the position is filled.
Dartmouth College is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and has a strong commitment to diversity. We welcome applications from a broad spectrum of people, including women, persons of color, persons with disabilities, and veterans.
- Tenure-Track Assistant Professor in Community Development and Applied Economics December 20, 2017POSITION: We seek a colleague to join the Department of Community Development and Applied Economics (CDAE) in the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences at the University of Vermont, starting at the rank of a tenure-track Assistant Professor. CDAE’s mission … Continue reading →
- ISC Elections Committee Deadline: 20 December 2017 December 11, 2017The new Governing Board of the International Science Council (ISC) will be elected during the founding General Assembly in July 2018. According to the new Council’s Statutes and Rules of Procedure, as discussed and agreed during the October 2017 meeting … Continue reading →
- Gund Institute Seeks Postdocs December 6, 2017POSTDOCTORAL ASSOCIATE GUND INSTITUTE, THE UNIVERSITY OF VERMONT The Gund Institute for Environment at the University of Vermont (UVM) is recruiting Postdoctoral Associates for Fall 2018 to conduct research on major global environmental challenges. We seek exceptional early-career scholars committed … Continue reading →
- Final Deadline for the 24th ISDRS Conference December 6, 2017Final deadline for abstracts submission to the 24th International Sustainable Development Research Society Conference ACTION FOR A SUSTAINABLE WORLD: FROM THEORY TO PRACTICE http://www.isdrsconference.org/ Abstract submission for the 24th International Sustainable Development Research Society Conference ACTION FOR A SUSTAINABLE WORLD: … Continue reading →
- Junior Professorship (W1) “Transformation towards Sustainable Energy Systems” with Tenure Track November 30, 2017Sciences and Geography. This professorship is particularly suitable for highly qualified early career researchers. The professorship should develop and refine instruments of environmental regulation which are necessary for the transformation towards sustainable energy systems and investigate policy formulation and operational … Continue reading →
- Without Limits to Love by Clovis Cavalcanti November 30, 2017
- Online SDG Academy Course November 29, 2017Peter May shares with you the preview of the online SDG Academy course entitled “From the Ground Up: Protecting and Managing our Terrestrial Ecosystems“ on biodiversity, land use and forests in which I have participated as a lecturer on the … Continue reading →
- Join NCSE on Thursday 11/30 for a Webinar on the 4th National Climate Assessment and Outcomes from COP 23 November 28, 2017Upcoming Webinar Climate Science, Impacts, and Policy Today: the 4th National Climate Assessment and Outcomes from the United Nations Climate Change Conference in Bonn – COP 23 Thursday, November 30, 2017 1:15 – 2:45 p.m. Eastern Time Register Today November … Continue reading →
- Call for Volunteer Chapter Scientists November 24, 2017IPCC Special Report on Climate Change and Land (SRCCL) The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) is in the process of developing a Special Report on Climate Change and Land (SRCCL), which is scheduled for completion in August 2019. More information about … Continue reading →
- A Dam-Building Boom is Transforming the Brazilian Amazon November 24, 2017Philip Fearnside is one of the greatest authorities in the world of environmental knowledge about the Amazon. He is a member of the International Society for Ecological Economics (ISEE). Brazil is in the midst of a dam-building spree in the … Continue reading →
- Tenure-Track Assistant Professor in Community Development and Applied Economics December 20, 2017