Environmental Studies Program
Hinman Box 6182, 113 Steele Hall
Hanover, New Hampshire 03755, U.S.A.
July 5, 2012
Postdoctoral Research Associate: Ecosystem Services
Environmental Studies Program, Dartmouth College
The Environmental Studies Program at Dartmouth College aims to recruit a Postdoctoral Research Associate with expertise in the science, valuation, and governance of ecosystem services. The successful applicant will work in an interdisciplinary team under the direction of Professor Richard Howarth on a multi-year, multi-institution project sponsored by the National Science Foundation to study the links between forests, watersheds, and socioeconomic systems in the State of New Hampshire. The project provides opportunities related to:
• The analysis of tradeoffs between timber values, carbon storage, surface albedo, and biodiversity in the management of forests.
• Stakeholder research and the use of scenario analysis to project and evaluate changes in land use and resource management.
The successful applicant will have completed (or be near completion of) a PhD in environmental studies, ecological economics, conservation biology, natural resource management, or a related field. To apply, please send a cover letter, c.v., a representative publication, and the names and addresses of three references to:
Prof. Richard B. Howarth
Environmental Studies Program
The position offers a competitive salary and benefits with a start date of September 1, 2012 or as negotiated. Applications will be considered until the position is filled.
Dartmouth College is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and has a strong commitment to diversity. We welcome applications from a broad spectrum of people, including women, persons of color, persons with disabilities, and veterans.
- Postdoctoral Researcher in Economics and Policy of Prairie Wetland Management September 19, 2017Monday, August 21, 2017 Prairie WaterSave is a project funded by the Global Water Futures Program at the University of Saskatchewan focused on improving sustainable water management and enhancing water resilience under a changing climate for Prairie communities. Dr. Ken … Continue reading →
- Ecological Economics Vacancies at Macquarie University September 15, 2017Ecological economics vacancies at Macquarie University, Sydney Australia The Department of Economics at MU has started an intense recruitment process, which will probably continue for a couple of years. I imagine you have seen the recently posted ad for a … Continue reading →
- ISEE Statement on Brazilian Environmental Governance September 12, 2017Statement issued by Clóvis Cavalcanti on 12 September 2017 President-Elect, The International Society for Ecological Economics The threat of destruction of protected Amazonian ecosystems requires us to take a stand. I have prepared a draft statement on the subject to be … Continue reading →
- Biodiversity Economics Professor at Leipzig University September 12, 2017Biodiversity Economics Professor at Leipzig University (15th October 2017 – Leipzig, Germany) The Faculty of Economics and Management Science of Leipzig University is seeking a W3-Professorship in “Biodiversity Economics.” Candidates should have a strong track record in economic theory and … Continue reading →
- PostDoc position for Geographer/Geo-Informatics September 8, 2017Vienna University of Economics and Business Institute for Ecological Economics Research group “Sustainable Resource Use” Vienna, 1.9.2017 WU offers the following position PostDoc position for Geographer/Geo-Informatics for the geospatial assessment of global raw material extraction and related environmental and social … Continue reading →
- Handbook on Growth and Sustainability August 23, 2017Handbook on Growth and Sustainability Edited by Peter A. Victor, Professor, York University and Brett Dolter, Post-doctoral Research Fellow, University of Ottawa, Canada This Handbook assembles original contributions from influential authors such as Herman Daly, Paul Ekins, Marina Fischer-Kowalski, Jeroen … Continue reading →
- W3-Professorship on ‘Biodiversity Economics August 21, 2017Call | W3 Biodiversity Economics Leipzig, August 10 2017 At the Faculty of Economics and Management Science of Leipzig University, the following professorship has to be filled as soon as possible: W3-Professorship “Biodiversity Economics” Integrative biodiversity research is interdisciplnary at … Continue reading →
- Postdoctoral Researcher in Ecological, Environmental and Resource Economics August 21, 2017The Chair of Environmental Economics and Resource Management at Albert-Ludwigs-University of Freiburg, Germany, Prof. Dr. Stefan Baumgärtner) is seeking a Postdoctoral Researcher in Ecological, Environmental and Resource Economics beginning April 1, 2018 or the earliest date thereafter. The position is full-time … Continue reading →
- Associate Senior University Lecturer in Ecological-Economic Modelling August 21, 2017Application Date Extended: 14 September 2017 Associate Senior University Lecturer in Ecological-Economic Modelling Login and apply Lund University, Faculty of Science, Centre for Environmental and Climate Research The Centre for Environmental and Climate Research (CEC, http://www.cec.lu.se/) is seeking to recruit an … Continue reading →
- Call for ISEE President-Elect and Board Nominations August 21, 2017The Nominating Committee of ISEE is seeking suggestions for candidates for the Board and for President-Elect for the term January 2018-December 2019. Please email the secretariat with any suggestions you have and these will be passed on to the Nominating … Continue reading →
- Postdoctoral Researcher in Economics and Policy of Prairie Wetland Management September 19, 2017