Environmental Studies Program
Hinman Box 6182, 113 Steele Hall
Hanover, New Hampshire 03755, U.S.A.
July 5, 2012
Postdoctoral Research Associate: Ecosystem Services
Environmental Studies Program, Dartmouth College
The Environmental Studies Program at Dartmouth College aims to recruit a Postdoctoral Research Associate with expertise in the science, valuation, and governance of ecosystem services. The successful applicant will work in an interdisciplinary team under the direction of Professor Richard Howarth on a multi-year, multi-institution project sponsored by the National Science Foundation to study the links between forests, watersheds, and socioeconomic systems in the State of New Hampshire. The project provides opportunities related to:
• The analysis of tradeoffs between timber values, carbon storage, surface albedo, and biodiversity in the management of forests.
• Stakeholder research and the use of scenario analysis to project and evaluate changes in land use and resource management.
The successful applicant will have completed (or be near completion of) a PhD in environmental studies, ecological economics, conservation biology, natural resource management, or a related field. To apply, please send a cover letter, c.v., a representative publication, and the names and addresses of three references to:
Prof. Richard B. Howarth
Environmental Studies Program
The position offers a competitive salary and benefits with a start date of September 1, 2012 or as negotiated. Applications will be considered until the position is filled.
Dartmouth College is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and has a strong commitment to diversity. We welcome applications from a broad spectrum of people, including women, persons of color, persons with disabilities, and veterans.
- Economics of Climate Change September 24, 2020The Economics of Climate Change How Culture has Impacted Sustainability: Social Justice, Environmental Justice, and Economic Equity Saturday, September 26, 2020 at 7 p.m. A discussion with Madhavi Venkatesan, PhD Register! Visit our Website The post Economics of Climate Change appeared first on The International Society for Ecological Economics.
- Joan Martinez-Alier Interview September 23, 2020Balzan Prize A few days ago Joan Martinez-Alier won the Balzan Prize, one of the most prestigious prizes in Europe, among other things by his contribution to the foundation of ecological economics and the promotion of environmental justice. Roldan Muradian … Continue reading → The post Joan Martinez-Alier Interview appeared first on The International Society […]
- 2020 Virtual Forum on Earth System Governance September 16, 2020INVITATION 2020 Virtual Forum on Earth System Governance, 15-17th September 2020: Between precarity and possibility: Implications of disruption for Earth System Governance Innovative session: September 16, 16-17.30. https://esgproject.eventsair.com/2020virtualforum/ Behavioural responses to turbulent times: social innovation to steer sustainable governance of nature … Continue reading → The post 2020 Virtual Forum on Earth System Governance appeared first […]
- Joan Martinez Alier wins 2020 Balzan Prize for Environmental Challenges September 15, 2020Joan Martinez Alier Spain 2020 Balzan Prize for Environmental Challenges: Responses from the Social Sciences and the Humanities For the quality of his contributions to the foundation of ecological economics, his path-breaking analysis of the relationships between economies and the … Continue reading → The post Joan Martinez Alier wins 2020 Balzan Prize for Environmental […]
- Lecturer (Ecological/Ecosystems Economics) Edinburgh September 10, 2020Type Permanent full-time Job title Lecturer (Ecological/Ecosystems Economics) Edinburgh Salary £31,750 – £40,129 per annum (dependent on experience) Location Edinburgh Description LECTURER (ECOLOGICAL/ECOSYSTEMS ECONOMICS) Permanent Edinburgh £31,750 – £40,129 per annum (dependent on experience) Ref: ACF/REES/013/20 SRUC is unique in … Continue reading → The post Lecturer (Ecological/Ecosystems Economics) Edinburgh appeared first on The International […]
- II Encuentro de Cátedras Economía y Ambiente 2020 August 12, 2020II International Meeting of Chairs of Economy and Environment Virtual modality, UNLu, November 27 and 28, 2020 Teaching economics for ecological transition under discussion: transdisciplinary approaches and re-constitutive and emancipatory theories El Comité Organizador informa que ya está disponible la Primera Circular … Continue reading → The post II Encuentro de Cátedras Economía y Ambiente 2020 appeared […]
- Defining a Decade of Global Sustainability Science Action: Call for Inputs August 12, 2020Seeking expert views on science for sustainability transformations and transformations of science systems In the last few months, the COVID-19 pandemic has reminded us of the interconnected nature of the common and global challenges we face, arising from growing pressures … Continue reading → The post Defining a Decade of Global Sustainability Science Action: Call […]
- Full Professorship (W3) for Environmental Planning and Transformation August 3, 2020Consider making the switch to the University of Freiburg: It is one of the most renowned and strongest research universities in Germany, with a history spanning more than 500 years. You’ll engage in top-notch research and teaching with a unique … Continue reading → The post Full Professorship (W3) for Environmental Planning and Transformation appeared […]
- Plea from Ecological Economists July 28, 2020Post-Covid world: ask the economists to tell the truth The framework on which Ecological Economics is founded provides a privileged perspective for formulating policy indications for managing the Covid pandemic and fostering economic recovery. First, Ecological Economics adopts the precautionary … Continue reading → The post Plea from Ecological Economists appeared first on The International […]
- INSEE Journal Table of Contents of Vol. 3 No. 2 (2020): Ecology, Economy and Society July 27, 2020EDITORIAL Living in, and thinking about, the world in pandemic times Kuntala Lahiri-Dutt COMMENTARY The Post-COVID India: Making science and technology socially and environmentally relevant Prerna Singh Bindra, Chirag Gajjar, Arunabha Ghosh, Manoj Kumar, Crispino Lobo, Digangana Mukherjee, Pradeep Nair, … Continue reading → The post INSEE Journal Table of Contents of Vol. 3 No. […]
- Economics of Climate Change September 24, 2020