Environmental Studies Program
Hinman Box 6182, 113 Steele Hall
Hanover, New Hampshire 03755, U.S.A.
July 5, 2012
Postdoctoral Research Associate: Ecosystem Services
Environmental Studies Program, Dartmouth College
The Environmental Studies Program at Dartmouth College aims to recruit a Postdoctoral Research Associate with expertise in the science, valuation, and governance of ecosystem services. The successful applicant will work in an interdisciplinary team under the direction of Professor Richard Howarth on a multi-year, multi-institution project sponsored by the National Science Foundation to study the links between forests, watersheds, and socioeconomic systems in the State of New Hampshire. The project provides opportunities related to:
• The analysis of tradeoffs between timber values, carbon storage, surface albedo, and biodiversity in the management of forests.
• Stakeholder research and the use of scenario analysis to project and evaluate changes in land use and resource management.
The successful applicant will have completed (or be near completion of) a PhD in environmental studies, ecological economics, conservation biology, natural resource management, or a related field. To apply, please send a cover letter, c.v., a representative publication, and the names and addresses of three references to:
Prof. Richard B. Howarth
Environmental Studies Program
The position offers a competitive salary and benefits with a start date of September 1, 2012 or as negotiated. Applications will be considered until the position is filled.
Dartmouth College is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and has a strong commitment to diversity. We welcome applications from a broad spectrum of people, including women, persons of color, persons with disabilities, and veterans.
- IX Conference on Ecological Economics March 22, 2019IX Conference on Ecological Economics Bariloche, November 25 to 29, 2019 Territories in dispute and commodification of nature. Perspectives from the South South Since the Argentine-Uruguayan Association of Ecological Economy is pleased to send them the Second Circular of the IX Conference on … Continue reading → The post IX Conference on Ecological Economics appeared first on The […]
- CfP for USSEE at SEA 2019 March 20, 2019USSEE @ SEA 2019:Call for papers in ecological economics at the Southern Economic Association Meeting The United States Society for Ecological Economics (USSEE) will organize sessions in ecological economics at the 89th annual meeting of the Southern Economic Association (SEA), to be held … Continue reading → The post CfP for USSEE at SEA 2019 appeared first on […]
- University of Antwerp PhD Course March 13, 2019From 10 to 12 September 2019, the University of Antwerp, KULeuven, UHasselt and VITO will organize a PhD course. Topic of the PhD course is: sustainability assessment for the low-carbon economy. This course consists of a number of lectures by … Continue reading → The post University of Antwerp PhD Course appeared first on The […]
- Human Population and the Sixth Mass Extinction March 11, 2019PUBLIC CONFERENCE: HUMAN POPULATION AND THE SIXTH MASS EXTINCTION There is widespread consensus among scientists and conservationists that we are in the midst of the Sixth Mass Extinction, and that human beings are its cause. As the world’s population grows, … Continue reading → The post Human Population and the Sixth Mass Extinction appeared first […]
- Call for Nominations: USSEE Daly and Aguilar Awards March 8, 2019The USSEE Board of Directors is soliciting nominees for two awards (the Herman Daly Award and Bernardo Aguilar Award) to be given in conjunction with the 2019 ESA & USSEE Joint Meeting, to be held August 11th-16th in Louisville, Kentucky. The deadline for nominations is May … Continue reading → The post Call for Nominations: USSEE Daly and Aguilar Awards appeared […]
- Ph.D. position (f/m/d) in the field of Environmental Sociology/Environmental Policy/Environmental Psychology or related – 75% March 7, 2019The inter- and transdisciplinary Junior Research Group “SEE-URBAN-WATER” is offering a Ph.D. position (f/m/d) in the field of Environmental Sociology/Environmental Policy/Environmental Psychology or related – 75% from April 1, 2019 on. The position is limited to three years. Within the … Continue reading → The post Ph.D. position (f/m/d) in the field of Environmental Sociology/Environmental […]
- Call for Papers ANZSEE 2019 Conference February 22, 2019Call for papers ANZSEE 2019 Conference Ecological Economics: Solutions Now and In the Future 24–26 November 2019, RMIT University, Melbourne The urgency for ecological solutions continues to mount with delays in addressing significant local to global environmental and social problems … Continue reading → The post Call for Papers ANZSEE 2019 Conference appeared first on […]
- University of Freiburg Research Position Available February 19, 2019Posted: 14 February 2019 The Chair of Environmental Economics and Resource Management at the University of Freiburg, Germany, Prof. Dr. Stefan Baumgärtner) is seeking a Doctoral or Postdoctoral Researcher in Ecological, Environmental and Resource Economicsbeginning June 1, 2019 or the earliest date thereafter. … Continue reading → The post University of Freiburg Research Position Available appeared first on […]
- SPSAS Scenarios February 19, 2019The São Paulo School of Advanced Science on Scenarios and Modelling on Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services to Support Human Well-Being will be held in São Pedro (190 km from São Paulo) from 01 – 15 July, 2019. Applications are open … Continue reading → The post SPSAS Scenarios appeared first on The International Society for […]
- 2019 ESA+USSEE Joint Meeting February 15, 20192019 ESA+USSEE Joint Meeting: Call for Contributed Abstracts ESA and USSEE invite contributed abstracts (talks and posters) for the upcoming joint meeting in Louisville. The deadline to submit an abstract is Thursday, February 21 at 5:00 PM Eastern Time (2:00 … Continue reading → The post 2019 ESA+USSEE Joint Meeting appeared first on The International […]
- IX Conference on Ecological Economics March 22, 2019