Environmental Studies Program
Hinman Box 6182, 113 Steele Hall
Hanover, New Hampshire 03755, U.S.A.
July 5, 2012
Postdoctoral Research Associate: Ecosystem Services
Environmental Studies Program, Dartmouth College
The Environmental Studies Program at Dartmouth College aims to recruit a Postdoctoral Research Associate with expertise in the science, valuation, and governance of ecosystem services. The successful applicant will work in an interdisciplinary team under the direction of Professor Richard Howarth on a multi-year, multi-institution project sponsored by the National Science Foundation to study the links between forests, watersheds, and socioeconomic systems in the State of New Hampshire. The project provides opportunities related to:
• The analysis of tradeoffs between timber values, carbon storage, surface albedo, and biodiversity in the management of forests.
• Stakeholder research and the use of scenario analysis to project and evaluate changes in land use and resource management.
The successful applicant will have completed (or be near completion of) a PhD in environmental studies, ecological economics, conservation biology, natural resource management, or a related field. To apply, please send a cover letter, c.v., a representative publication, and the names and addresses of three references to:
Prof. Richard B. Howarth
Environmental Studies Program
The position offers a competitive salary and benefits with a start date of September 1, 2012 or as negotiated. Applications will be considered until the position is filled.
Dartmouth College is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and has a strong commitment to diversity. We welcome applications from a broad spectrum of people, including women, persons of color, persons with disabilities, and veterans.
- University of British Columbia has 7 Research Opportunities May 16, 2017The Food Systems PRISM Lab (www.prismlab.weebly.com) at the University of British Columbia – Okanagan is seeking high-caliber undergraduate, Masters, PhD and Postdoctoral researchers who have a strong interest in research and publication in the field of food system sustainability. Students … Continue reading →
- Postdoctoral researcher on Macroeconomics, Finance and the Environment May 10, 2017Vienna University of Economics and Business (WU) The Institute for Ecological Economics is currently inviting applications for a full-time post-doc position. This employee position will be limited to a period of one year (additional funding opportunities might arise in the … Continue reading →
- INSEE Journal Call for Papers May 8, 2017Ecology, Economy and Society–the Journal of INSEE is an open access peer reviewed journal. To find out more about the INSEE Journal visit http://ecoinsee.org/journal. You can download the flyer below: .
- USSEE 2017 Conference Early-Bird Deadline May 4, 2017USSEE 2017 CONFERENCE – DON’T MISS EARLY-BIRD DEADLINE Be sure to register now for the USSEE 2017 meeting, Ecological Economics: From Theory to Practice. Special rates for early-bird registration end May 15th. Taking place at Macalester College in Saint Paul, … Continue reading →
- SSHRC Canada Research Chair Tier 2 April 26, 2017SSHRC Canada Research Chair Tier 2 – Economic and Business Approaches to Low-Carbon Transitions The Faculty of Environment, University of Waterloo, invites applications for a tenure-track faculty position at the rank of Assistant Professor or Associate Professor (salary range $85,000 … Continue reading →
- 2017 Leontief Prize Winners April 17, 2017James K. Boyce and Joan Martinez-Alier “Economics, Equity, and the Environment” From Left: Neva Goodwin, Joan Martinez-Alier, President Anthony Monaco, James Boyce, William Moomaw On March 28, the Global Development and Environment Institute (GDAE) awarded the 2017 Leontief Prize … Continue reading →
- Two Senior Economists Positions April 10, 2017The Position CSIRO seeks to appoint two senior economists providing leadership in natural resource and environment analysis, policy, and modelling. We are seeking individuals with recognized expertise and an emerging international reputation, with knowledge across one or more of agricultural … Continue reading →
- INSEE Celebrates 20th Anniversary April 7, 2017About Indian Society for Ecological Economics INSEE was conceived at a meeting held in New Delhi on 24 September 1998 and within four months it was registered under the Societies Registration Act (1860), as a regional society affiliated to the … Continue reading →
- Political Economy of Electricity Provision Research Fellow April 3, 2017Research Fellow, in the Political Economy of Electricity Provision Are you an ambitious researcher looking for your next challenge? Do you have a background in economics, political economy, economic geography or ecological economics, and an interest in energy studies? Do … Continue reading →
- PhD Position April 3, 2017Contact: If you have any questions, please contact Dr. Julia Steinberger, and Dr. Dan O’Neill, Sustainability Research Institute, School of Earth & Environment, University of Leeds. A fully-funded 3.5 years Leverhulme PhD is available to UK/EU national or resident candidates only. The funding … Continue reading →
- University of British Columbia has 7 Research Opportunities May 16, 2017