Environmental Studies Program
Hinman Box 6182, 113 Steele Hall
Hanover, New Hampshire 03755, U.S.A.
July 5, 2012
Postdoctoral Research Associate: Ecosystem Services
Environmental Studies Program, Dartmouth College
The Environmental Studies Program at Dartmouth College aims to recruit a Postdoctoral Research Associate with expertise in the science, valuation, and governance of ecosystem services. The successful applicant will work in an interdisciplinary team under the direction of Professor Richard Howarth on a multi-year, multi-institution project sponsored by the National Science Foundation to study the links between forests, watersheds, and socioeconomic systems in the State of New Hampshire. The project provides opportunities related to:
• The analysis of tradeoffs between timber values, carbon storage, surface albedo, and biodiversity in the management of forests.
• Stakeholder research and the use of scenario analysis to project and evaluate changes in land use and resource management.
The successful applicant will have completed (or be near completion of) a PhD in environmental studies, ecological economics, conservation biology, natural resource management, or a related field. To apply, please send a cover letter, c.v., a representative publication, and the names and addresses of three references to:
Prof. Richard B. Howarth
Environmental Studies Program
The position offers a competitive salary and benefits with a start date of September 1, 2012 or as negotiated. Applications will be considered until the position is filled.
Dartmouth College is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and has a strong commitment to diversity. We welcome applications from a broad spectrum of people, including women, persons of color, persons with disabilities, and veterans.
- Senior Lecturer in Human Ecology July 18, 2017Lund University Department of Human Geography Lund University was founded in 1666 and is repeatedly ranked among the world’s top 100 universities. The University has 42 000 students and 7 400 staff based in Lund, Helsingborg and Malmö. We are … Continue reading →
- Ecological Economics at the UN Climate Negotiations (COP-23) July 17, 2017Ecological Economics at the UN Climate Negotiations (COP-23) If you are planning or would consider going to this year’s climate negotiations in Bonn, Germany to speak publicly about Ecological Economics, one of our members is offering the following opportunity. Stuart … Continue reading →
- Job Posting from Aarhus University July 17, 2017Position as Researcher in Environmental Economic Modelling and Policy Analysis 919398 The Department of Environmental Science, Aarhus University, Denmark is offering a position as Researcher for 4 years. The position is to be filled October 1st, 2017, at the latest. … Continue reading →
- Job Opportunities at IIASA July 13, 2017The following job opportunities are available. A Graphic Designer in the External Relations, Communications, and Library Department. Click here for more information. The deadline for applications is 4 August 2017. Research Scholars in Agriculture, Forestry, and Land Use Economics in … Continue reading →
- AARES Conference 2018 Call for Papers July 12, 2017The 62nd Australasian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society (AARES) Annual Conference 2018 “Abundance in an Era of Scarcity? Challenges and Opportunities for Australasian Agriculture, Environment, Food, Resource, and Agribusiness Sectors” Join us in 2018 for an exciting program of discussion … Continue reading →
- Order of Agricultural Merit Awarded to Bina Agarwal July 10, 2017Professor Bina Agarwal (former ISEE President) was conferred the prestigious French civilian distinction, Officier de l’Ordre du mérite agricole (Officer of the Order of Agricultural Merit) by H.E. Mr Alexandre Ziegler, Ambassador of France to India, on 5 July 2017 … Continue reading →
- 2018 Conference of the International Society for Ecological Economics July 5, 20172018 Conference of the International Society for Ecological Economics June 2018, Mexico City Ecological Economics and Socio-ecological Movements: Science, policy, and challenges to global processes in a troubled world This XV Biennial conference of the International Society for Ecological Economics … Continue reading →
- Six Tenure Track Sustainability Science Professor Positions Open June 30, 2017Helsinki Institute of Sustainability Science, HELSUS Helsus is a new cross-faculty research unit in sustainability science at the University of Helsinki. The mission of the institute is to contribute to sustainability transformations of the societies by means of interdisciplinary and … Continue reading →
- 2018 AARES Conference Australia June 20, 2017The 62nd Australasian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society (AARES) Annual Conference 2018“Abundance in an Era of Scarcity? Challenges and Opportunities for Australasian Agriculture, Environment, Food, Resource and Agribusiness Sectors” Join us in 2018 for an exciting program of discussion and … Continue reading →
- Bina Agarwal awarded the 2017 Louis Malassis International Prize June 20, 2017Professor Bina Agarwal (former President, ISEE) has been awarded the 2017 Louis Malassis International Prize for an “Outstanding Career in Agricultural Development”. The Prize is given once every two years by the Agropolis Fondation, Montpellier, to recognize individuals for their exemplary … Continue reading →
- Senior Lecturer in Human Ecology July 18, 2017