Environmental Studies Program
Hinman Box 6182, 113 Steele Hall
Hanover, New Hampshire 03755, U.S.A.
July 5, 2012
Postdoctoral Research Associate: Ecosystem Services
Environmental Studies Program, Dartmouth College
The Environmental Studies Program at Dartmouth College aims to recruit a Postdoctoral Research Associate with expertise in the science, valuation, and governance of ecosystem services. The successful applicant will work in an interdisciplinary team under the direction of Professor Richard Howarth on a multi-year, multi-institution project sponsored by the National Science Foundation to study the links between forests, watersheds, and socioeconomic systems in the State of New Hampshire. The project provides opportunities related to:
• The analysis of tradeoffs between timber values, carbon storage, surface albedo, and biodiversity in the management of forests.
• Stakeholder research and the use of scenario analysis to project and evaluate changes in land use and resource management.
The successful applicant will have completed (or be near completion of) a PhD in environmental studies, ecological economics, conservation biology, natural resource management, or a related field. To apply, please send a cover letter, c.v., a representative publication, and the names and addresses of three references to:
Prof. Richard B. Howarth
Environmental Studies Program
The position offers a competitive salary and benefits with a start date of September 1, 2012 or as negotiated. Applications will be considered until the position is filled.
Dartmouth College is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and has a strong commitment to diversity. We welcome applications from a broad spectrum of people, including women, persons of color, persons with disabilities, and veterans.
- Addiction to Growth – Climate Change’s Root Cause November 7, 2017Stuart Scott and Phil Lawn at COP 23, Bonn
- ISSC to merge with ICSU to create International Science Council November 1, 2017World’s leading bodies of social and natural sciences agree to merge in 2018, forming the ‘International Science Council’ to serve as the global voice for science At a historic joint meeting, members of two leading international science councils voted to … Continue reading →
- Two New Books Relevant for Ecological Economists in Latin America November 1, 2017Two new books relevant to Ecological Economists in Latin America have been published in México and Argentina. The first one is edited by members of the Mesoamerican and Caribbean Society for Ecological Economics, Aleida Azamar, Salvador Peniche and Dario Escobar. … Continue reading →
- VIII Iberoamerican Conference on Development and the Environment November 1, 2017VIII Congreso Iberoamericano sobre Desarrollo y Ambiente 7-9 November 2017 in Panama El CISDA, es uno de los eventos más importantes de la región Iberoamericana en el área de estudio de las relaciones entre el Desarrollo y el Ambiente. Este … Continue reading →
- Degrowth International Conferences in 2018 October 19, 2017Announcing three Degrowth International Conferences in 2018: Sweden, Mexico and European Parliament. The Support Group of the International Degrowth Conferences is happy to announce three degrowth events for 2018. After the conferences in Paris (2008), Barcelona (2010), Venice and Montreal (2012), Leipzig … Continue reading →
- Economics Research Fellow – Primary Forest Protection October 10, 2017Information, Policy & On-ground Action for Primary Forest Protection Overview: This is an opportunity to undertake applied economic research into tropical primary forest protection in three key countries or regions (Democratic Republic of Congo, Brazil, and Melanesia). This applied multidisciplinary, … Continue reading →
- ERI Fellow, Assistant Research Scholar, Green Economic Development October 3, 2017ERI Fellow, Assistant Research Scholar, Green Economic Development 00045640 OAA#: 21709-16 The Environmental Resilience Institute (ERI) at Indiana University (IU) invites applications for a Fellow position in green economic development to begin in Fall 2018; the appointment is renewable for … Continue reading →
- Hiring Twelve Positions in Urban Ecosystems Services October 3, 2017HIRING 12 POSITIONS (PROJECT COORDINATOR, POSTDOCS, RESEARCH ASSISTANTS, Ph.D. SCHOLARSHIPS) IN URBAN ECOSYSTEM SERVICES Based at the Singapore-ETH Centre (SEC), National University of Singapore (NUS) and Nanyang Technological University (NTU) We are beginning a multi-million dollar project to quantify the … Continue reading →
- Bina Agarwal awarded the prestigious 2017 Balzan Prize October 3, 2017Bina Agarwal, former President of the International Society For Ecological Economics and currently Professor of Economics at the University of Manchester, has been awarded the prestigious Balzan prize for her pathbreaking work in women in agriculture and gender studies. The … Continue reading →
- Assistant Professor in Environmental Studies with an emphasis on Sustainable Urban Systems September 27, 2017State University of New York College of Environmental Science and Forestry Department of Environmental Studies 1 Forestry Drive Syracuse, New York 13210 September 22, 2017 ANNOUNCEMENT OF FACULTY VACANCY ASSISTANT PROFESSOR SUSTAINABLE URBAN SYSTEMS The State University of New York … Continue reading →
- Addiction to Growth – Climate Change’s Root Cause November 7, 2017