Environmental Studies Program
Hinman Box 6182, 113 Steele Hall
Hanover, New Hampshire 03755, U.S.A.
July 5, 2012
Postdoctoral Research Associate: Ecosystem Services
Environmental Studies Program, Dartmouth College
The Environmental Studies Program at Dartmouth College aims to recruit a Postdoctoral Research Associate with expertise in the science, valuation, and governance of ecosystem services. The successful applicant will work in an interdisciplinary team under the direction of Professor Richard Howarth on a multi-year, multi-institution project sponsored by the National Science Foundation to study the links between forests, watersheds, and socioeconomic systems in the State of New Hampshire. The project provides opportunities related to:
• The analysis of tradeoffs between timber values, carbon storage, surface albedo, and biodiversity in the management of forests.
• Stakeholder research and the use of scenario analysis to project and evaluate changes in land use and resource management.
The successful applicant will have completed (or be near completion of) a PhD in environmental studies, ecological economics, conservation biology, natural resource management, or a related field. To apply, please send a cover letter, c.v., a representative publication, and the names and addresses of three references to:
Prof. Richard B. Howarth
Environmental Studies Program
The position offers a competitive salary and benefits with a start date of September 1, 2012 or as negotiated. Applications will be considered until the position is filled.
Dartmouth College is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and has a strong commitment to diversity. We welcome applications from a broad spectrum of people, including women, persons of color, persons with disabilities, and veterans.
- Bina Agarwal Articles and Collaborations January 18, 2021Livelihoods in COVID times: Gendered perils and New pathways in India Agarwal, Bina. 2021. “Livelihoods in COVID times: Gendered perils and New pathways in India”, World Development, vol. 139, 2021. https://authors.elsevier.com/a/1cMmJ,6yxDEMW9 Revisiting Group Farming in a Post-Socialist Economy Agarwal, Bina, … Continue reading → The post Bina Agarwal Articles and Collaborations appeared first on The […]
- 2021 Joint Conference of ISEE, ESEE and DEGROWTH January 13, 2021The Joint Conference of ISEE, ESEE, and DEGROWTH in collaboration with Manchester University, UK Building Alternative Livelihoods in times of ecological and political crisis Given the continuing pandemic, the joint conference between the International Degrowth Research Network, the International Society … Continue reading → The post 2021 Joint Conference of ISEE, ESEE and DEGROWTH appeared […]
- Report from Stuart Scott regarding Vatican Internship January 13, 2021Report from Stuart Scott regarding the Internship at the Vatican: I would like to start this new year’s blank slate off on a very ‘up’ note. As you may or may not be aware, an outgrowth of Clóvis Cavalcanti’s and … Continue reading → The post Report from Stuart Scott regarding Vatican Internship appeared first […]
- 7th biennial Best Early Career Researcher Award January 12, 2021Enter the 7th biennial Best Early Career Researcher Award for the chance to win your registration and $250 to attend The International Society for Ecological Modelling Global Conference 2021. You will also have a speaking slot to present your paper. Deadline: 15 March 2021. Click here for details … Continue reading → The post 7th biennial Best Early Career Researcher Award appeared first […]
- Assistant Professor of Economics LUC – SES December 21, 2020Job Title: Assistant Professor of Economics. Background: Loyola University Chicago’s (LUC) School of Environmental Sustainability (SES) and Quinlan School of Business (QSB) invite applications for a 50/50 jointly appointed full-time, tenure-track endowed position at the rank of Assistant Professor/Advanced Assistant … Continue reading → The post Assistant Professor of Economics LUC – SES appeared first […]
- ESEE Job Opening for Website and Social Media Manager December 16, 2020ESEE is looking for a content manager for our website and social media channels. The job holder would regularly post news on and pertaining to ecological economics on the website (WordPress) as well as Twitter (@ESEEORG), Facebook, and LinkedIn. Content … Continue reading → The post ESEE Job Opening for Website and Social Media Manager […]
- Rethinking Ecological Economics: A Mayan Perspective December 14, 2020Rethinking Ecological Economics: A Mayan perspective Manuel May Castillo Albert Chan Dzul and David Barkin A global online symposium of the International Degrowth Network and the International Society for Ecological Economics was held from 1-4 September, with the theme Economy … Continue reading → The post Rethinking Ecological Economics: A Mayan Perspective appeared first on […]
- Economics and Climate Emergency December 9, 2020Economics and Climate Emergency Special Issue of the Journal Globalizations Introduction to the SI Gills, B. and J. Morgan. 2020a. ‘Economics and climate emergency’. Globalizations: 1-16. https://doi.org/10.1080/14747731.2020.1841527 Contents (alphabetical) Bacevic, J. 2020. ‘Unthinking knowledge production: from post-Covid to post-carbon futures’. … Continue reading → The post Economics and Climate Emergency appeared first on The International […]
- Tenure Track appointment-Black Studies in Geography and Environment November 19, 2020Faculty of Environmental and Urban Change The Faculty of Environmental and Urban Change (EUC), York University, invites highly qualified candidates to apply for a professorial stream tenure-track appointment in Black Studies in Geography and Environment at the Assistant Professor level, … Continue reading → The post Tenure Track appointment-Black Studies in Geography and Environment appeared […]
- Symposium Proposals Invited November 4, 2020Announcing The International Society for Ecological Modelling Global Conference 2021 The International Society for Ecological Modelling Global Conference 2021: Ecological Models for Tomorrow’s Solutions will take place from 12-16 October 2021 at the University of Toronto, Scarborough, Canada. We would like to invite … Continue reading → The post Symposium Proposals Invited appeared first on The International Society […]
- Bina Agarwal Articles and Collaborations January 18, 2021