Environmental Studies Program
Hinman Box 6182, 113 Steele Hall
Hanover, New Hampshire 03755, U.S.A.
July 5, 2012
Postdoctoral Research Associate: Ecosystem Services
Environmental Studies Program, Dartmouth College
The Environmental Studies Program at Dartmouth College aims to recruit a Postdoctoral Research Associate with expertise in the science, valuation, and governance of ecosystem services. The successful applicant will work in an interdisciplinary team under the direction of Professor Richard Howarth on a multi-year, multi-institution project sponsored by the National Science Foundation to study the links between forests, watersheds, and socioeconomic systems in the State of New Hampshire. The project provides opportunities related to:
• The analysis of tradeoffs between timber values, carbon storage, surface albedo, and biodiversity in the management of forests.
• Stakeholder research and the use of scenario analysis to project and evaluate changes in land use and resource management.
The successful applicant will have completed (or be near completion of) a PhD in environmental studies, ecological economics, conservation biology, natural resource management, or a related field. To apply, please send a cover letter, c.v., a representative publication, and the names and addresses of three references to:
Prof. Richard B. Howarth
Environmental Studies Program
The position offers a competitive salary and benefits with a start date of September 1, 2012 or as negotiated. Applications will be considered until the position is filled.
Dartmouth College is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and has a strong commitment to diversity. We welcome applications from a broad spectrum of people, including women, persons of color, persons with disabilities, and veterans.
- Oxford Summer School in Ecological Economics 2018 May 21, 2018St. Hilda College 19-25 August Green Economy for Smart and Sustainable Cities: Economics, Ecosystems and Policy The School will address key elements of the new economy transformation with a particular focus on smart and sustainable cities, exploring the cutting edge … Continue reading →
- ICTA-R&D Master in Political Ecology: Pre-registrations now open! May 11, 2018ICTA-R&D Master in Political Ecology: Pre-registrations now open! We are now ready to start the pre-registration process for the master in Political Ecology with specialization in Degrowth and Environmental Justice! While we are waiting for our University administration to deal with the … Continue reading →
- Hans Carl von Carlowitz Junior Professorship (W1) in Sustainability Assessment and Policy May 8, 2018Hans Carl von Carlowitz Junior Professorship (W1) in Sustainability Assessment and Policy The Faculty of Environmental Sciences at the TU Dresden, Germany, invites for the PRISMA – Centre for Sustainability Assessment and Policy (www.tu-dresden.de/prisma) applications for the position of Hans … Continue reading →
- Announcement & Call for Papers: 20th Annual BIOECON Conference May 7, 2018Announcement & Call for Papers XX ANNUAL BIOECON CONFERENCE ON: “Land-use, Agriculture and Biodiversity: Spatial and Temporal Issues” 12th -14th September 2018 King’s College, Cambridge United Kingdom Keynote Speakers: Professor Douglas Gollin, University of Oxford, UK Professor Paul Ferraro, Johns Hopkins … Continue reading →
- New Climate Ethics & Climate Economics CfP May 7, 2018Climate Ethics and Climate Economics: Discounting the future—what have we learned? The last of in a series of six ESRC-funded workshops exploring the issues where the ethics and economics of climate change intersect will take place from 13-15 June at the University of … Continue reading →
- Post-Growth 2018 Conference Call for Papers April 30, 2018Call for papers and participation the Institutionalisation of Degrowth & Post-growth: the European level Brussels, September 17th (2018) Context A major degrowth & post-growth conference (http://www.postgrowth2018.eu) convened by European-level stakeholders (Members of the European Parliament from different political groups, academics, NGOs and … Continue reading →
- ECONOMICS FOR THE ECOZOIC: An online student symposium April 30, 2018ECONOMICS FOR THE ECOZOIC: An online student symposium Gund Institute for Environment, University of Vermont Wednesday, May 2nd, 2018 1:00 – 5:00 pm EST Zoom Link Ecological economics is part of an on-going effort to reconcile economic theory and policy … Continue reading →
- Extension of Abstract Submission Deadline for ISEE 2018 April 16, 2018ABSTRACT SUBMISSION FINAL DEADLINE extended to APRIL 30, 2018 15th Congress of the International Society for Ecological Economics ISEE 2018 10, 11 and 12 September 2018, in the city of Puebla, Mexico A bi-lingual congress Ecological Economics and Socio-ecological Movements: … Continue reading →
- 2018 COP-24, UN Climate Negotiations April 9, 2018Find out more about the ISEE Call for Participation at the 2018 UN Climate Negotiations, COP-24. Your participation is needed in order to make this a success! If you are interested in attending the climate talks to represent the ISEE … Continue reading →
- Submissions April 9, 2018Submissions for proposals. Please apply online from January 15th until April 15th, 2018. Registration and submission of abstracts (in PDF); no more than 250 words including: Full name(s), paper title, general theme, objective(s), methods and results. Abstracts can be submitted … Continue reading →
- Oxford Summer School in Ecological Economics 2018 May 21, 2018