Environmental Studies Program
Hinman Box 6182, 113 Steele Hall
Hanover, New Hampshire 03755, U.S.A.
July 5, 2012
Postdoctoral Research Associate: Ecosystem Services
Environmental Studies Program, Dartmouth College
The Environmental Studies Program at Dartmouth College aims to recruit a Postdoctoral Research Associate with expertise in the science, valuation, and governance of ecosystem services. The successful applicant will work in an interdisciplinary team under the direction of Professor Richard Howarth on a multi-year, multi-institution project sponsored by the National Science Foundation to study the links between forests, watersheds, and socioeconomic systems in the State of New Hampshire. The project provides opportunities related to:
• The analysis of tradeoffs between timber values, carbon storage, surface albedo, and biodiversity in the management of forests.
• Stakeholder research and the use of scenario analysis to project and evaluate changes in land use and resource management.
The successful applicant will have completed (or be near completion of) a PhD in environmental studies, ecological economics, conservation biology, natural resource management, or a related field. To apply, please send a cover letter, c.v., a representative publication, and the names and addresses of three references to:
Prof. Richard B. Howarth
Environmental Studies Program
The position offers a competitive salary and benefits with a start date of September 1, 2012 or as negotiated. Applications will be considered until the position is filled.
Dartmouth College is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and has a strong commitment to diversity. We welcome applications from a broad spectrum of people, including women, persons of color, persons with disabilities, and veterans.
- Job Opportunity Chair (W2) of Business Management October 19, 2018Chair of Business Management, esp. Corporate Biodiversity Management at TU Dresden, Germany As part of the Tenure Track Programme of the German Federal Government and the Federal States (Tenure Track Programme), the International Institute Zittau at Technische Universität Dresden, Germany, … Continue reading → The post Job Opportunity Chair (W2) of Business Management appeared first […]
- Amazonia and the Setbacks of Brazil’s Political Moment Commentary October 16, 2018ISEE member, Philip Fearnside, provides commentary on 12 October 2018 on Amazonia and the setbacks of Brazil’s political moment. The commentary begins…. Brazil’s presidential election has created virulent polarization in the country with consequences for the Amazon. Right-wing candidate Jair Bolsonaro won … Continue reading → The post Amazonia and the Setbacks of Brazil’s Political Moment Commentary […]
- Computational Sustainability and Sustainable Systems Engineering Position October 8, 2018Computational Sustainability and Sustainable Systems Engineering WORK TYPE: Faculty Full-Time LOCATION: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL) CATEGORIES: Engineering/Computer Science/Environmental Science/Ecology DEPARTMENT: 19070000 – EG-ENG SCH SUSTAIN INFRST ENV CLASSIFICATION TITLE: Assistant, Associate, or Full Professor Job Description: The Engineering School of Sustainable Infrastructure and Environment (ESSIE) … Continue reading → The post Computational Sustainability and Sustainable Systems Engineering Position appeared first […]
- Rethinking Environmentalism: Linking Justice, Sustainability, and Diversity October 1, 2018Just published: An edited volume titled “Rethinking Environmentalism: Linking Justice, Sustainability, and Diversity”, edited by Sharachchandra Lele, Eduardo S. Brondizio, John Byrne, Georgina M. Mace and Joan Martinez-Alier and published by MIT Press, Cambridge, Mass. The book is the result … Continue reading → The post Rethinking Environmentalism: Linking Justice, Sustainability, and Diversity appeared first […]
- Puebla, ISEE2018 Conference, Inauguration Address September 26, 2018Puebla, ISEE2018 Conference, Inauguration Address Clóvis Cavalcanti, ISEE President Dear friends, With great honor and joy, I ask your permission and the organizers’, in the name of their coordinator, my old friend David Barkin, to offer you a few words … Continue reading → The post Puebla, ISEE2018 Conference, Inauguration Address appeared first on The […]
- Current Opinion in Environmental Sustainability September 26, 2018Current Opinion in Environmental Sustainability Volume 34, October 2018, Pages 26-32 Gender equality, food security and the sustainable development goals by Bina Agarwal Abstract This paper examines the potential and limitations of SDG 5 (Gender Equality) in helping to achieve household food … Continue reading → The post Current Opinion in Environmental Sustainability appeared first on The […]
- ReBirth: Trip to Vicente Guerrero September 19, 2018Prior to ISEE2018 Conference in Puebla, Mexico, a visit to Vicente Guerrero peasant community was arranged. Here is a report from a participant. Rebirth: Trip to Vicente Guerrero by Oliver Braunschweig* Rebirth, I would say, is the theme of the … Continue reading → The post ReBirth: Trip to Vicente Guerrero appeared first on The […]
- World Scientists’ Warning to Humanity September 11, 2018World Scientists’ Warning to Humanity Posted by Stuart Scott, ISEE Strategist, email@example.com I have been collaborating with the group that issued the World Scientists’ Warning to Humanity – Second Notice in December 2017. The result was the ScientistsWarning.org website which … Continue reading → The post World Scientists’ Warning to Humanity appeared first on The […]
- September 24 Deadline for COP-24 September 11, 2018Posted by Stuart Scott, ISEE Strategist COP-24 This year the ISEE has been granted provisional* Observer status to the UNFCCC climate negotiations. I applied for this status, with Anne Aitken’s assistance, and I am now the DCP (Designated Focal Point) … Continue reading → The post September 24 Deadline for COP-24 appeared first on The […]
- Bina Agarwal Prize for Ecological Economics September 4, 2018BINA AGARWAL PRIZE FOR ECOLOGICAL ECONOMICS Call for Nominations Deadline for receipt of nominations: 28 February 2019 Nomination Form: The Indian Society for Ecological Economics (INSEE) announces the Bina Agarwal Prize for Ecological Economics to be awarded biennially, for outstanding contributions in … Continue reading → The post Bina Agarwal Prize for Ecological Economics appeared first on […]
- Job Opportunity Chair (W2) of Business Management October 19, 2018