ESEE is looking for a content manager for our website and social media channels. The job holder would regularly post news on and pertaining to ecological economics on the website (WordPress) as well as Twitter (@ESEEORG), Facebook, and LinkedIn. Content is partially supplied by a virtual team (ESEE board members, country contact network, publicity, and communications committee) and the job holder is highly encouraged to share news (e.g., pertaining to sustainability, environmental justice, degrowth, climate politics) and information (e.g., on conferences, job openings, publication opportunities) which they find relevant. Good English-language skills and interest in/familiarity with ecological economics are highly beneficial.
The position is part-time with an honorarium of €1575 per annum on a self-employed basis, paid in two installments in arrears, and might be suited to improving the funds of a post-graduate student or early-career researcher.
The main tasks involve:
- Posting to ESEE website and social media channels (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, in order of relevance), content provided (average 3 posts per month), and co-managing social media accounts, responding to social media posts;
- Proofreading and editing posts to correct length, sourcing appropriate images to support posts;
- Advertising new website and newsletter items on social media and mailing lists;
- Some (limited) maintenance and administration of the website (WordPress);
- Ideally (but this is not a must!) also contributing to further development and redesign of the website (www.euroecolecon.org, currently down)
We expect an appropriate candidate to be:
- an ESEE member, or willing to become a member;
- familiar with WordPress;
- an active and experienced social media user;
- willing to respond rapidly to requests (responding to social media replies, shares, and quotes within 24h, web posts normally within 3 days, very occasionally more quickly if urgent; all excepting periods of leave);
- fluent in written English.
Ideally, the candidate would also
- have a background in web or graphic design and/or communication;
- have a background in ecological economics or an associated discipline.
To apply, please send a CV (max. two pages) and cover letter (max. one page) outlining how you meet the characteristics above and including the Twitter handles of any accounts to which you contribute to Dr. Anke Schaffartzik, Chair of the ESEE Publicity and Publications Committee, email@example.com, by January 17, 2021.
Please also reach out to Anke in case you have any questions about the job!