Full professor Energy Systems and Scenario Evaluation (1,0 fte) (213181)
The Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences has a vacancy for a full professor in Energy Systems and Scenario Evaluation in the Energy and Sustainability Research Institute Groningen (ESRIG). The candidate will chair the Energy and Environmental Sciences Group (IVEM) within ESRIG.
The candidate is expected to reinforce and strengthen the energy research programme of the IVEM, making it a leading international research group in this field. Keyword for this area of research is “Energy Transition”. Research activities will be based to a large extent on external funding. The candidate is an excellent teacher who can motivate students of different disciplines and will develop new courses on specific topics about this subject in the BSc and the MSc programmes. Teaching duties include the supervision of bachelor, master and PhD students.
- has a doctorate in one of the relevant natural sciences
- has at least two years of (postdoctoral) international experience
- is recognized in the international community of energy systems studies
- shows clear affinity with the subjects discussed in the profile report (see below)
- is enthusiastic about interdisciplinary research in areas relevant for energy and environmental studies and sustainable development
- has a strong list of publications
- has shown capabilities to lead a research group
- has shown the ability to acquire external funding
- has experience with PhD student supervision
- has affinity with and a good track record in BSc and MSc education
- is fluent in English and has a good knowledge of Dutch, or is willing to learn Dutch within a time frame of two years.
Conditions of employment
The University of Groningen offers a salary dependent on qualifications and work experience from € 5,003 up to a maximum of € 7,285 (CAO-NU Full Professor 2) gross per month for a full-time position.
For a suitable candidate with less seniority an Associate Professorship is possible (CAO-NU UHD-1), with a salary from € 4,517 to € 6,039 gross per month.
The University of Groningen is an equal-opportunity employer. Female candidates are encouraged to apply. Interested candidates are requested to submit a letter of motivation, a CV (including the names of three people who can provide references; letters not yet necessary at this stage), a list of publications, a list of five self-selected “best papers” (not copies of the papers), a statement on teaching goals and experience, and a brief description of scientific interests and research plans (maximum: 3 pages). You may apply for this position before 1 October 2013 Dutch local time by means of the application form (click on “Apply” below on the advertisement on the universities website). Acquisition is not appreciated
For information you can contact Prof. H.A.J. Meijer, scientific director of the ESRIG, + 31 50 3634739, firstname.lastname@example.org; Prof. dr. H.C. Moll, present chairman of the IVEM, + 31 50 3634607 email@example.com (please do not use for applications).