ESEE is looking for a part-time webmaster to take over managing the ESEE website. This position would be particularly suitable for a PhD student or postdoctoral researcher. The job holder would support the ESEE Board and country contacts network in regularly posting news and updates on the ESEE website and social media, working in a virtual team with the ESEE publicity and publications committee and the ESEE newsletter editor. The job holder will be paid an honorarium of €1500 per annum on a self-employed basis, paid in two installments in arrears.
The main tasks involve:
- Updating news postings, job adverts and static pages as received from board members and country contacts (± 2-4 posts per month);
- Proofread and edit posts to an appropriate length;
- Administering website users;
- Co-managing ESEE social media accounts (Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook) with designated board and country contact members;
- Sourcing appropriate images to support web and social media posts;
- Advertising website news items on social media and the ESEE student email list;
- Responding to social media posts where appropriate;
- Limited technical maintenance of the website (WordPress);
- Contributing to further development and redesign of the website.
We expect an appropriate candidate to be:
- an ESEE member, or be willing to become a member;
- familiar with WordPress;
- an active and experienced social media user;
- willing to respond rapidly to requests (responding to social media replies, shares and quotes within 24h, web posts normally within 3 days, very occasionally more quickly if urgent; all excepting periods of leave);
- fluent in written English.
Ideally, the candidate would also:
- have a background in web or graphics design and/or communication;
- have a background in ecological economics or associated discipline.
To apply, please send a CV (max. two pages) and cover letter (max. one page) outlining how you meet the characteristics above, to Dr Jasper Kenter, Chair of the ESEE Publicity and Publications Committee, firstname.lastname@example.org, by October 15, 2017. Please include your twitter handle.