MSc in Sustainable Development, Management,
and Policy Merit Scholarship Application
Deadline: 15 December 2015
MODUL University Vienna will be offering merit-based scholarships to three incoming students in the Master of Science (MSc) Sustainable Development, Management, and Policy program for the Spring 2016 Semester. Outstanding applicants who wish to be considered for this competitive scholarship are invited to visit the program’s website to learn more about the coursework, research opportunities, and program’s emphasis on critical thinking and collaborative learning. (Applicants from non-EU countries must provide evidence of sufficient funds to qualify for a student visa.)
This competitive award is valued at 22,000 EUR, reducing the total cost of the 2-year graduate program to 2,000 EUR from 24,000 EUR.
About the MSc Degree Program
The Master of Science (MSc) in Sustainable Development, Management, and Policy (SDMP) invites students from diverse backgrounds to explore sustainability through a multidisciplinary lens. The MSc degree is a two-year, full-time program in which students learn skills needed to design and implement sustainable development strategies on the household, business, city, regional, and national levels.
The MSc curriculum is composed of a unique combination of theory and practical hands-on application, and SDMP students are provided with a solid multidisciplinary background that draws on material from fields including economics, governance, social psychology, environmental sciences, geography, and management. Guided by expert faculty, students come to understand that effective implementation of sustainability strategies is a fundamental societal, economic, and environmental need. MU’s prioritization of sustainability as an integral part of the University offers additional unique opportunities to students, including the invitation to participate in the University’s Sustainability Committee.
Applicants from Diverse Backgrounds Are Encouraged To Apply
Students from diverse academic and professional backgrounds are welcome in MU’s Sustainable Development, Management, and Policy program. Current MSc students come from backgrounds in the humanities, social sciences, engineering, natural sciences, IT, and business.
- Outstanding academic performance at an undergraduate-level and completed degree (by February 2016)
- Submission of an 800-word essay on the topic, “The Challenges of Sustainability in Europe”
- Proof of EU Citizenship (or evidence of sufficient funds to qualify for a student visa)
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Applicants must have submitted all required materials by 15 December 2015.
- Selected recipients will be notified by 31 December 2015.
How to Apply
Candidates should prepare the following documents as a single pdf:
- Resume or CV
- Motivation Letter
- Transcripts and Diploma (if available) from all tertiary-level institutions attended
- Proof of English Proficiency (level C1 or higher)
- Two (2) Letters of Recommendation from Academic Sources
- Copy of Passport
- Passport Size Photograph
- 800-word Essay on the Topic, “The Challenges of Sustainability in Europe”
Please submit the application (single pdf) by e-mail to Dr. Markus Bernhard in MU’s Office of Admission.
MODUL University Vienna – Am Kahlenberg 1, 1190 Vienna – Austria, +43 (1) 3203555 0 902, www.modul.ac.at Private University