PLEASE SPREAD THE NEWS!
Participate in the next Degrowth Conference on Social Equity and Ecological Sustainability!
This is the final call for submissions to the 4th International Degrowth Conference in Leipzig, Sept. 2-6. Submissions are still possible till February 28th!
- → The Call for Papers is to be found here: http://leipzig.degrowth.org/en/call-for-papers/
- → You can find all information concerning the submission process here: http://leipzig.degrowth.org/en/submission-of-papers/
- → You can also submit non-scientific (practical, activist, etc.) contributions here: http://leipzig.degrowth.org/en/call-for-participation/
ABOUT THE CONFERENCE:
4th International Degrowth Conference on Social Equity and Ecological Sustainability – Bridging movements and research for the great transformation.
The International Degrowth Conference has reached its fourth venue: since Paris 2008 the debate on how to move away from a growth-oriented economy towards a more sustainable society has drawn world-wide attention. The fourth international conference will take place in a country that is considered as the European engine of economic growth. Different traditions of growth critique, such as the concept of a post-growth society stemming from the German-speaking community and the French and Southern European degrowth debate, are invited to a fruitful dialogue. The conference seeks to bring practitioners, activists and scientists together and encompasses various formats for presentations, interaction, workshops, and exchange.
The 4th conference will address following thematic threads (abstracts and papers can be submitted to any of them):
- Organizing Society (Emancipatory politics, participation, institutions)
- Building a social and ecological economy ((Re-)productivity, commons, society-nature relations)
- Living conviviality (Buen vivir. Open knowledge. Convivial technology)
Invited speakers include: Sunita Narain, David Harvey (tbc), Michael Bauwens, Joan Martinez-Alier, Silvia Federici (tbc), Euclides Mance, John O’Neill (tbc), Clive Spash (tbc), Eric Pineault, Laura Bazzicalupo, Melania Calestani, Niko Paech, Giorgos Kallis, Alberto Acosta