The research group Environmental Economics focuses on research towards sustainable behavior and technologies. Environmental issues are analyzed by extending neoclassical economic tools and principles by using and developing interdisciplinary research methods for ecosystem services, sector evolutions and sustainability analysis of clean technologies.
The research group Environmental Economics is embedded within the Centre for Environmental Sciences (CMK). The complexity of environmental issues requires multidisciplinarity. CMK is a research institute that opts for a well-balanced combination and symbiosis between biology, ecology, chemistry, economics and law in one research institute.
This vacancy is situated within the research group of environmental economics of the discipline group economics of the Faculty of Business Economics at Hasselt University. The candidate does research within the domain of natural resource economics, environmental economics and/or ecological economics. The candidate develops interdisciplinary research methods aligned at one of these research topics: clean technologies (including the biobased economy) or ecosystem services. The methods build on the expertise in the research group regarding techno-economic analysis and dynamic optimization, integrated sustainability analysis, sector evolutions, valuation methods, or ecologic-economic modelling.
- Master in (applied) economics, master in (applied) sciences, or master in (bio)engineering (or equivalent)
- Final-year students are (likewise) encouraged to apply.
- Good relational, communicative and reporting skills
- Problem-solving capacity
- Good knowledge of English
- Team player
- The candidate has a strong research interest in multidisciplinary, economic and sustainability assessment of environmental and energy technologies.
You will be appointed and paid as Ph.D. student. 2×2 years with interim evaluation
Preselection based on CV. Interview with the selected candidates.
You can only apply online up to and including 16 July 2016.
Content job responsibilities:
- Prof.dr. Mark VANCAUTEREN, +32-11-268664, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Prof.dr.ir Steven VAN PASSEL, +32-11-268746, email@example.com
More about working at Hasselt University? Check www.uhasselt.be/vacancies!