Planet Under Pressure 2012
New Knowledge Towards Solutions
26-29 March 2012 • London, UK
CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
Submit abstracts | Themes | Sessions | Location | Committee | Board of Patrons
Abstract submission is now open for this major international science conference focusing on solutions to the global sustainability challenge.
This is an open call for participants and for abstracts for presentations and posters to be submitted against the session topics described on the conference website under the following outline:
- Day 1: State of the planet: the latest knowledge about the pressures on the planet
- Day 2: Options and opportunities: exchanging knowledge about ways of reducing the pressures on the planet, promoting transformative changes for a sustainable future and adapting to changes in the global system
- Day 3: Challenges to progress: clarifying what is preventing or slowing humanity from implementing potential solutions
- Day 4: Ways ahead: a vision for 2050 and beyond, and exploring new partnerships and pathways towards global sustainability
Each day will include relevant aspects of the conference themes:
- A. Meeting global needs: food, energy, water and other ecosystem services
- B. Transforming our way of living: development pathways under global environmental change
- C. Governing across scales: innovative stewardship of the Earth system
The closing date for abstract submission is 19 August 2011.
Please note, additional sessions will be advertised over the next few weeks.
Developing World Involvement
A mentoring scheme is available for those who would like guidance in preparing abstracts and developing presentations for the conference. The conference organisers are also aiming to offer financial assistance to participants from the developing world.
Mentoring Scheme | Funding Assistance
Why you should attend
The conference will provide a comprehensive update of the pressure planet Earth is now under. The conference will discuss solutions at all scales to move societies on to a sustainable pathway and will provide scientific leadership towards the 2012 UN Conference on Sustainable Development – Rio+20.
The programme is designed to attract senior policymakers, industry leaders, NGOs, young scientists, the media, health specialists, and academics from many disciplines.
Find out who you will meet and what you will gain from this event…
For further information on submitting an abstract, conference themes and sessions, mentoring and funding visit: www.planetunderpressure2012.net