The Research Center FuturES – Futures of Ecosystem Services at Leuphana University of Lüneburg, Germany is seeking a Post-Doctoral Researcher in Environmental and Sustainability Science beginning April 1, 2012 (or at the earliest date thereafter). The position can be negotiated to be anything from 50% part-time to 100% full-time. It is remunerated under state salary scheme EG 13 TV-L and limited to a term of 2 years, with an option of extension.
The newly established Leuphana Research Center FuturES – Futures of Ecosystem Services ) brings together the broad and diverse expertise of researchers at Leuphana University Lüneburg and of renowned international experts across a wide range of disciplines such as communication science, ecology, economics, ethics, political science and management. They collaborate on questions of sustainable conservation and use of ecosystem services. This collaboration proceeds between the natural and social sciences (interdisciplinary approach), and actively involves stakeholders and policy makers in shaping research goals and methods (transdisciplinary approach).
- cutting-edge research on the sustainable conservation and use of ecosystem services
- publication in high-ranking journals and presentation at conferences
- contribution to the development of an inter- and transdisciplinary research strategy and plan for the research center FuturES
- scientific coordination of the research center FuturES and its activities
- developing funding proposals for the center’s research projects
- PhD in environmental or sustainability sciences or any other relevant field of science or humanities
- keen research motivation and demonstrated ability of cutting-edge research
- high methodological awareness across a range of relevant academic disciplines
- willingness and ability to inter-and transdisciplinary cooperation and scientific integration
- excellent English language proficiency and communication skills
- international experience
- independence, organisational skills and reliability
For further information and enquiries, please contact Prof. Dr. Stefan Baumgärtner (phone: +49.4131.677-2600, email: firstname.lastname@example.org) or Prof. Dr. Alexandra-Maria Klein (phone: +49.4131.677-2960, email: email@example.com).
Leuphana University of Lüneburg is an equal opportunity employer.
Closing date for applications: February 15, 2012.
Please send your application (including letter of interest, CV, transcripts, abstract of PhD thesis, one or two relevant papers, list of publications/conference presentations, names and contact information of two academic references) as one single pdf via email to:
Leuphana University of Lüneburg
Personnel Service, Ms Katrin Severloh
re: FUTURES application
Scharnhorststr. 1, D-21335 Lüneburg, Germany