RENEWABLE ENERGY ECONOMICS AND POLICY IN SPAIN AND EUROPE
The Basque Centre for Climate Change (BC3) opens a competitive call for applications for a Postdoctoral contract associated to the H2020 Transrisk (Transitions pathways and risk analysis for climate change mitigation and adaptation strategies). TRANSrisk will create a framework in which risks and uncertainties are integral to the assessment of how climate change mitigation affects the overall economic, social and environmental well-being of society. development. One of the innovative aspects of TRANSrisk is that multiple stakeholders will be engaged in the entire research process. BC3 will contribute to this project by assessing the synergies and conflicts associated to different types of energy and climate policies. The applicants will have expertise on energy and climate change economics and policy, especially on the renewable energy sector in Spain and in the European Union.
Specifically, the applicant would:
- Lead a case study on the renewable energy sector in Spain (and Europe) and contribute to other tasks of the project.
- Organize meetings and engage stakeholders in meetings and workshops.
- Write deliverables for the European Commission.
- Publish high-impact, peer-reviewed research in international scientific journals.
Other relevant skills:
- Good knowledge of the energy sector, specially of renewable policies in Spain.
- Experience in working with stakeholders and decision-makers.
- Modelling experience with energy-economic-climate models is highly valued.
- Expertise in the land-use implications of mitigation policies is also valued.
- Good interpersonal as well communication skills (both written and oral) in English.
- Flexibility to collaborate with partners of Transrisk project and to travel to meetings.
Requirements: The applicant should have a PhD or demonstrate a track record of peer-reviewed publications as well as the ability to initiate and complete original research.
Envisaged starting date of the contract: March/April 2017
Term of contract: 1 to 2 years.
Salary: The position will carry competitive salary, matching the academic and professional profile of the applicant, and excellent conditions of work.
Location: Basque Centre for Climate Change, Bilbao (Spain).
Applicants should send a cover letter, a detailed CV and at least one letter of recommendation to email@example.com, noting in the subject of the message “Energy_Policy_Postdoc”. Informal enquiries can be made to Dr. Mikel González-Eguino (firstname.lastname@example.org) or to Dr. Iñaki Arto (inaki. email@example.com).
Deadline for applications: 15th of February 2017 (CET 17:00).