Postdoctoral job opportunity @ CENSE
(Lisbon area, Portugal)
Job opportunity at CENSE – Center for Environmental and Sustainability Research, NOVA School of Science and Technology (UIDP/04085/2020) for a Postdoctoral Researcher with a PhD in environment and sustainability or related areas.
The hiring of the PhD Researcher shall be made by means of an Unfixed Term Employment Contract entered into in accordance with the Portuguese Labour Code approved by the Law no. 7/2009 of February 12th, as amended. The contract should have a forecasted duration of 30 months and should not be extended further than the project duration.
The PhD Researcher will carry out research activities in at least one of the five scientific areas of CENSE: a) ecological economics and environmental management; b) energy and climate; c) computation for sustainability; d) bioresources and clean technologies; e) sanitation, waste and resources recovery.
The main activities to be developed include:
- preparation of proposals and development of research projects to be submitted in competitive tenders financed by national and international entities;
- participation and coordination of research projects on topics aligned with CENSE’s scientific strategy;
- support to CENSE researchers and doctoral students, namely by supervising or collaborating on research work taking place in the different CENSE’s research areas;
- publication of scientific articles and dissemination materials on the work developed at CENSE;
- participation and promotion of activities in the science-society interface conducted by CENSE;
- preparation of proposals and development of projects to provide services to public and private entities, national and international;
- participation in the R&D Unit bodies and give support to management and communication activities;
- support for teaching activities within the framework provided by applicable legislation and regulations.
The PhD Researcher shall fully devote the whole of his/her professional activity to NOVA.id.FCT, on an exclusive basis.
Applicants to this call may be national, foreign, or stateless candidates holding a PhD degree in the field of environmental sciences and engineering, and other scientific areas aligned with CENSE’s research areas, legally valid and/or recognized in Portugal, and complying with the following specific requirements:
- To hold a PhD degree in a scientific area aligned with CENSE’s objectives for at least 1 year;
- Have a minimum of 3 publications in indexed international scientific journals in at least one of CENSE’s research areas.
Find the detailed call here: https://bit.ly/3wzUA23
Applications must be submitted between 15/07/2021 – 31/08/2021
Queries about this position: send an email with the subject “Call PhD researcher 2021” to Prof. Rui Santos (email@example.com).
NOVA.id.FCT actively promotes a non-discrimination and equal access policy, reason for which no candidate can be benefited, prejudiced or deprived of any duty, namely age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, chronic illness, nationality, ethnic origin or race, religion or political beliefs.