The Chair of Environmental Economics and Resource Management at the University of Freiburg, Germany (Prof. Dr. Stefan Baumgärtner, http://www.ere.uni-freiburg.de/) is seeking a PostDoctoral Researcher in Ecological, Environmental and Resource Economics beginning at the earliest possible date for the research project COMTESS. The position is full-time (part-time employment is possible), remunerated under state salary scheme TV-L E13, and limited to a period that ends on December 31, 2016. Appointment is subject to final approval of funding.
The successful candidate will do research in work package 8 of the inter- and transdisciplinary project COMTESS (http://www.comtess.uni-oldenburg.de/en/), funded by the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research. The project studies resilience and sustainable coastal land management along the German coast of the Baltic and North Seas with regard to increasing risks of climate change. It focuses on trade-offs between different ecosystem services. Work package 8 performs a spatially explicit and dynamic ecological-economic model analysis of different land use scenarios, in particular an assessment and economic valuation of risks and uncertainties.
- cutting-edge research in COMTESS-work package 8, in particular ecological-economic modeling, assessment and economic valuation of risks and uncertainties
- exchange and integration of research results with other COMTESS- work packages
- publication of research results in international journals and presentation at international conferences
- PhD in ecological, environmental or resource economics or any other relevant field
- keen research motivation and strong analytical ability
- very good method-based competence and experience in microeconomics, in particular with risk, uncertainty and insurance
- good competence and experience in ecological-economic modeling
- ability and willingness for interdisciplinary ecological-economic cooperation
- very good English language proficiency and at least basic German language proficiency
- high independence, reliability and good communication skills
- collaboration within an interdisciplinary and internationally successful team at a renowned and attractive university
- support for building your own independent scientific career (networking, mentoring, projects, habilitation, leading a junior research group, etc.)
Questions to: Dr. A.M. Tanvir Hussain, +49 (0)761 203-3728, firstname.lastname@example.org. Please send your application (including cover letter, CV, transcripts, abstract of dissertation, list of publications/conference presentations, names and contact information of three academic references) as one single (!) pdf via email to: Dr. A.M. Tanvir Hussain (email@example.com).
Screening of applications begins on September 1, 2015; the position will remain open until it is filled.