Help improve environmental, social and economic outcomes in Australian agriculture:
- Join one of the world’s most respected conservation organisations
- Full time position, 2 years
- Brisbane or Sydney negotiable
WWF-Australia, the global conservation organisation, is seeking an experienced manager to lead WWF-Australia’s engagement with the agriculture industry, from field to market, as part of WWF’s efforts to promote more sustainable production and reduce threats to Australia’s most precious places and species.
About this role
As part of the Market Transformation team at WWF, the role develops and implements the market transformation strategy in agriculture, including partnerships, multi-stakeholder initiatives and associated production standards, public policy reform, consumer education, producer engagement, and research. A key focus of the position is on reducing water pollution from beef and sugarcane production in the catchments that feed into the Great Barrier Reef.
Skills, knowledge and experience
- Advanced expertise in sustainable agriculture, including production economics, commodity markets and trade, policy and legislation, environmental impacts and mitigation, ideally in an Australian context
- Program development and management skills and experience, including the design and delivery of strategic objectives
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, ability to network, work in teams, and lead multi-stakeholder processes with senior stakeholders and partners
- People management skills
- A flexible attitude and ability to work both autonomously and as a member of a team
A detailed position description with selection criteria is available to download.
For information about WWF’s work on markets click here.
Enquiries: Joshua Bishop on 02-8228 6833
WWF values a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunity employer.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply.
Please send applications, with covering letter, CV and statement addressing the selection criteria via email: firstname.lastname@example.org by 30thJanuary 2015.