Research associate (100%) in natural resource governance, agri-environmental policy analysis and commons research
Ref. No 5-3414/16-H
The Professorship of Agricultural, Environmental and Food Policy with a focus on Governance and Natural Resources (Prof. Insa Theesfeld) at the Martin Luther University Halle-Wittenberg http://www.landw.uni-halle.de/prof/agrarpolitik/ offers a full time position for a research associate starting after 01.08.2016.
This position is initially for 3 years. A prolongation is foreseen.
The salary is based on German federal public service scale according to qualification and tasks up to E13 TV-L.
Application deadline is 17th May 2016
- Participation and research in the current research program at the department related to sustainable natural resource use, property rights regimes, institutional change, governance of socio-ecological-technical systems, agri-environmental policies, and commons research.
- Application and organization of third party research proposals and projects.
- Establishing a new research focus in the frame of the themes covered by the department and related acquisition of funds.
- Teaching classes and supervision of students.
- Organizational and administrative tasks of the research group.
- The preferred candidate has a Master of Science in Agricultural, Political or Environmental Sciences, Resource Economics or related field.
- PhD with relevance to social-ecological, social-technical or political systems.
- Background in qualitative and/or quantitative empirical methods to be applied to institutional analysis, political analysis and/or resource economics.
- Experience in acquisition of third party funds and the organizational processing of projects is an asset.
- Experience in international collaborations.
- Teaching experience is desired.
- The candidate should be highly motivated and a team player.
- Fluent levels of English and German languages are required.
The candidate is strongly encouraged to pursue further qualifications for an academic career.
The salary will be in accordance with regulations of § 12 ff. German federal public service scale (TV-L) and § 17 TVÜ-L.
We specifically encourage qualified female researchers to apply. Preference will be given to disabled persons with equal qualifications.
For further information, please contact Prof. Dr. Insa Theesfeld, firstname.lastname@example.org
The website http://personal.verwaltung.uni-halle.de/jobs/wissmi/
(ZUV-Info: 403/2016; Reg.-Nr.: 5-3414/16-H) gives further information and provides the legally binding vacancy announcement.
Applicants are requested to submit a full CV including a list of teaching experience and acquisition of third-party funds, list of publications, research concept (possible research themes, research questions and methodological approach or concrete project idea that the candidate wants to cover in the next three years at max 3 pages), copies of relevant certificates.
Applications can be sent in German or English, before 10.05.2016 mentioning the reference number 5-3414/16-H to: Martin Luther University Halle-Wittenberg, Faculty of Natural Sciences III, Institute of Agricultural and Nutritional Sciences, Chair of Agricultural, Environmental and Food Policy, Prof. Dr. Insa Theesfeld, 06099 Halle (Saale).
We appreciate if you send your application-package in a single PDF file by e-mail to: email@example.com
This vacancy is under the conditions of possible budgetary restrictions.
Travel expenses and daily allowance in relation to the job interview will not be covered.