Research Scientist – International Development Economist
*** CLOSED ***
- Are you an international development economist seeking your next rewarding research position?
- Work in a leading scientific environment with dedicated and talented professionals
- Join CSIRO – Australia’s premier science & technology research organisation
CSIRO’s Ecosystem Sciences (CES) is growing its capacity to engage in international research for development. Through the Environment and Development Team in the Social and Economic Sciences Program, its scientists are engaging with Australian, other international and in-country government and non-government partners to address critical issues about the future of developing countries in collaboration with in-country partners.
To build its capacity, the Program is seeking to employ an International Development Economist in Brisbane. This role would provide additional skills in analysing the costs and benefits of development interventions, and developing and testing theory relating to development economics, social welfare and sustainability. Regions of interest for CSIRO are South-East Asia, South Asia, the Pacific and Africa. In addition, this scientist would be expected to build research partnerships with in-country research institutions and scientists, and engage with and report to government and other stakeholders.
Location: Queensland Ecosciences Precinct, Dutton Park, Brisbane, Australia
Salary: $89K – $96K per annum plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Ref No: Q12/03466
Requirements of the successful candidate will include:
- A PhD in any field of international development economics (e.g. political economy, regional sustainable economic development, etc.);
- Experience of working in international development research and a publication record in the peer-reviewed literature commensurate with this experience;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as demonstrated experience in, and aptitude for, team work.
For further information and to apply, click on or go to http://www.csiro.au/careers click on Positions Vacant and enter reference number Q12/03466.
Applications close 15 October 2012 (at 11:30 pm QLD time).
*** CLOSED ***