SCIENCE | POLICY | DEVELOPMENT | INVESTMENT | INDUSTRY | ENGINEERING | TECHNOLOGY | MEDIA
Planet Under Pressure 2012
New Knowledge Towards Solutions
26-29 March 2012 • London, UK
ABSTRACT SUBMISSION DEADLINE: 16 SEPTEMBER 2011
Organised by the global-change programmes of the International Council for Science
Submit abstracts now for this major international science conference focusing on solutions to the global sustainability challenge
Call for Papers
Abstracts for presentations and posters are invited by 16 September 2011 to be submitted against the sessions and key events described on the conference website.
- Day 1: State of the planet: the latest knowledge about the pressures on the planet
- Day 2: Options and opportunities: exchanging knowledge about ways of reducing the pressures on the planet, promoting transformative changes for a sustainable future and adapting to changes in the global system
- Day 3: Challenges to progress: clarifying what is preventing or slowing humanity from implementing potential solutions
- Day 4: Ways ahead: a vision for 2050 and beyond, and exploring new partnerships and pathways towards global sustainability
Each day will include relevant aspects of the conference themes:
- A. Meeting global needs: food, energy, water and other ecosystem services
- B. Transforming our way of living: development pathways under global environmental change
- C. Governing across scales: innovative stewardship of the Earth system
Developing World Involvement
The conference organisers are aiming to offer financial assistance to participants from the developing world. Click here to view details on requesting funding assistance.
Why you should attend
The conference will provide a comprehensive update of the pressure planet Earth is now under. The conference will discuss solutions at all scales to move societies on to a sustainable pathway and will provide scientific leadership towards the 2012 UN Conference on Sustainable Development – Rio+20.
The programme is designed to attract senior policymakers, industry leaders, NGOs, young scientists, the media, health specialists, and academics from many disciplines. Find out who you will meet and what you will gain from this event…
An exhibition will run alongside the conference and a range of commercial sponsorship opportunities are available. Companies interested in having a presence at this important event are invited to contact Tom Faulkner for further information.
For further information on submitting an abstract, conference themes and sessions, mentoring and funding visit: www.planetunderpressure2012.net