- Ref: 60001297
Country: United Kingdom
Business Unit: Energy Efficiency and Climate Change
Closing date for applications: 30 August 2015
The EBRD has invested more than €13 billion in over 750 sustainable energy projects since the SEI commenced in 2006. The main goal of the Energy Efficiency and Climate Change (EECC) team is to mainstream the SEI/SRI by promoting sustainable energy and resource investments (investments in climate change mitigation and adaption, renewable energy, energy efficiency, water efficiency, materials efficiency and waste minimisation) throughout the Bank’s operations.
The Senior Banker in charge of Product and Business Development (PBD) Pillar is responsible for setting strategy and targets for the PBD Team, managing the PBD activities for the EECC team, as well as managing a team of professionals based in HQ and RO.
Reporting to the Director, externally, the Pillar Head is one of the Bank’s primary representatives with clients, government authorities, and other stakeholders, while internally the Pillar Head leads on project origination and structuring, supporting other sector teams and EECC Pillar Heads on implementation and monitoring where necessary, as well as business development activities and strategic initiatives.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Lead the PBD Pillar, including recruiting, supervising, motivating, mentoring, training, and developing staff within agreed processes and practices to manage a steady flow of qualified, engaged employees capable of delivering Pillar objectives with the EECC.
- Lead market assessment, marketing and business development efforts in the relevant sector and countries to build reputable market contacts to develop deal flow and cross selling of the Bank’s competencies.
- Produce SRI business plans encompassing operational and policy dialogue activity designed to deliver the Bank’s SRI business and impact – including their monitoring and update as required. All to be done in conjunction with country and sector teams.
- In coordination with Team Director and other Pillar Heads, lead on assignment planning for E2C2 and its technical assistance.
- Responsible for project origination and structuring and ensuring execution and implementation, technical cooperation and donor financing is appropriately undertaken – all consistent with business plans.
- Oversee related SEI/SRI due diligence processes ensuring they meet the Bank’s standards.
- In cooperation with relevant units within the Bank, and in a lead or support role, conduct selected policy dialogue and capacity building activities in a leading role or support function with local authorities and industry associations to improve the investment climate and strengthen the EBRD impact in sustainable resources.
- Act as a trouble shooter for the PBD Pillar and provide guidance to direct reports on complex or problematic issues.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- Relevant degree in a technical or commercial/financial discipline, (e.g., engineering, environment, science); a combination of technical and commercial skills is advantageous.
- Extensive relevant, technical and commercial work experience gained from: i) an engineering and/or consultancy organisation; or ii) a company operating in the energy, chemical or manufacturing sectors; or iii) a bank, equity fund, advisory services, corporate finance firm; with a demonstrable track record of successful project development.
- In-depth knowledge and experience with sustainable resource initiatives with a very strong awareness and interest in the related issues (water efficiency, waste management, process optimisation, materials efficiency, etc.).
- Experience in preparation and implementation of comprehensive business plans.
- Proven track record in managing staff, consultants and related assignments.
- Deep understanding of business and finance principles (including notions of corporate credit analysis).
- Deep understanding of policy analysis and policy formulation in the areas of climate change, resource efficiency, energy efficiency, technology transfer and energy.
- Experience in emerging markets, including Central and Eastern Europe and/or the CIS.
- Computer literacy and excellent written/oral communication skills in English are essential.
- Ability to operate consistently within business guidelines and ethics and work sensitively in multicultural environments, building effective working relations with clients and colleagues.
- Self-motivated, ability to work to and meet tight deadlines and to plan and organise work unsupervised in a logical and efficient manner.
- Ability to communicate appropriate, concise and accurate information in verbal and written formats, appropriate to the audience at the time and confidence in handling senior stakeholders.
- Proven ability to analyse, understand and articulate complex technical problems and to develop high value propositions.
- Coaching, mentoring, leadership skills.
- Very good people management skills.
Diversity is one of the Bank’s core values which are at the heart of everything it does. A diverse workforce with the right knowledge and skills enables connection with our clients, brings pioneering ideas, energy and innovation. The EBRD staff is characterised by its rich diversity of nationalities, cultures and opinions and we aim to sustain and build on this strength. As such, the EBRD seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities and works in an inclusive environment. The EBRD encourages all qualified candidates who are nationals of the EBRD member countries to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities.