Research Project Title
Quantitative Analysis of Agricultural Policies – SUSTAG
The Agriculture and Life Sciences in the Economy Unit is looking for a senior researcher to work on the "Quantitative Analysis of Agricultural Policies" project
in the SUSTAG Action (Sustainable Agriculture. The Socio Economic Dimension).
The successful candidate will:
- Identify and analyse the main policy issues relating to European / non European agriculture. This will include the analysis and assessment of Agricultural Policies, particularly the CAP (direct aid, rural development, etc.) on farm/household and the rural/regional economy;
- Follow up, monitor and coordinate research projects in the areas mentioned above. This will include validation and evaluation of research results, drafting analytical reports, including policy analyses and scientific publications.
He/she should have:
- good knowledge of agricultural policies;
- proven expertise in quantitative/modelling methodologies/tools (including statistics/econometrics and/or mathematical programming, as well as the use of software packages, e.g. GAMS) to analyse the impact of agricultural policies at farm-house level and on the agro-food sectors ;
- good analytical and organisational skills, ability to adapt to a wide range of different tasks;
- good communication skills and demonstrated ability drafting clear and accurate reports.
The senior scientist must have at the time of applying a minimum of 10 years research experience at the post-doctoral level, or a minimum of 15 years research experience after the first university degree giving access to doctoral studies (which may include periods of training such as a master’s degree) in a field relevant to the JRC’s scientific activities.
A very good level of written and spoken English is essential and knowledge of at least one other EU language is compulsory.
Duration: 24-month fellowship
Place: Seville, Spain
Salary: Approximately EUR 5,000 net per month