At the Institute of Social Ecology in Vienna (Faculty of Interdisciplinary Studies – IFF – Alps-Adria University) headed by Marina Fischer-Kowalski we offer the position of an assistant professor starting in December 2009. For more information click here.
We are looking for an individual with a background in social sciences such as sociology, political science, anthropology, human geography and a broad perspective on social science theories and methods. Applicants should have experience with empirical research. Additionally we welcome familiarity with interdisciplinary fields such as human ecology, ecological economics, political ecology or industrial ecology and an open mindedness towards the natural sciences. We are seeking for a committed and creative person with intellectual curiosity, strong communicative skills and organizational talent, and enthusiasm for team work.
- Habilitation or equivalent scientific achievements within six years
- Contribution to research in social metabolism and more specifically in linking physical, economic and societal aspects.
- Acquisition and coordination of research projects; high profile publications.
- Engagement in teaching and the supervision of students in the master and doctoral program in social ecology.
- Collaboration in further development of the Instituteâ€™s scientific profile and organizational structure.
- Support to consultancy activities and negotiations among stakeholders.
- A doctoral degree.
- Knowledge of interdisciplinary fields, such as human ecology, ecological economics, political ecology or industrial ecology.
- Familiarity with a broad variety of social science theories and methods.
- Proficiency in methods of empirical data analysis.
- Experience in interdisciplinary research.
- Excellent knowledge of English.
- Experience in project management and acquisition.
- Good publication record.
- Experience in teaching and student supervision.
- Knowledge of German.
Further details can be requested from Univ.-Prof. Dr. Marina Fischer-Kowalski.
Klagenfurt University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities and the physically challenged are encouraged to apply.
Please submit your application until 14. October 2009 to:
Dienstleistungseinrichtung Personal /