- 2020 Global Degrowth Day January 24, 2020Global Degrowth Day – Good Life for All The next Global Degrowth Day will be on 6th June 2020! Many different public events all over the world will be organized to share alternatives to a growth-based society. They want to … Continue reading → The post 2020 Global Degrowth Day appeared first on The International […]
- 2020 Bratislava Conference on Earth System Governance January 8, 20202020 Bratislava Conference on Earth System Governance Earth System Governance in turbulent times: prospects for political and behavioral responses Bratislava, 15-17 September 2020 2020 Bratislava Conference on Earth System Governance, which will be held on 15-17 September 2020 in Bratislava, … Continue reading → The post 2020 Bratislava Conference on Earth System Governance appeared first […]
- Assistant Research Scientist in Ecosystem Services (University of Michigan, CIGLR) January 7, 2020Assistant Research Scientist in Ecosystem ServicesCooperative Institute for Great Lakes Research University of Michigan, Ann Arbor The Cooperative Institute for Great Lakes Research (CIGLR) seeks applications for a full-time Assistant Research Scientist with expertise in quantifying the monetary and/or non-monetary … Continue reading → The post Assistant Research Scientist in Ecosystem Services (University of Michigan, […]
- Revista Iberoamericana de Econimia Ecologica, Volumen 30 December 30, 20192019 REVISTA IBEROAMERICANA DE ECONOMIA ECOLÓGICA Volume 30, Número 1 To read more and find links to articles, visit https://redibec.org/ojs/index.php/revibec/issue/view/30. The post Revista Iberoamericana de Econimia Ecologica, Volumen 30 appeared first on The International Society for Ecological Economics.
- Population Matters | One Year in Review December 30, 2019Director’s Message To steal Ervin Drake’s Christmas song made famous by Frank Sinatra, ‘It was a very good year’ for Population Matters, as the Annual Report shows. For me, key events and activities were our increased focus and developing partnerships with fellow … Continue reading → The post Population Matters | One Year in Review appeared first […]
- 2021 Planetary Health Alliance Annual Meeting December 28, 2019In the words of Greta Thunberg’s closing speech at the recent COP25 in Madrid: “In just a few weeks we will enter a new decade; a decade that will define our future.” As 2019 comes to a close, the PHA … Continue reading → The post 2021 Planetary Health Alliance Annual Meeting appeared first on […]
- Letter from Outgoing President of ISEE December 28, 2019Letter from Outgoing President of ISEE Olinda (Brazil), December 23rd, 2019. When I accepted to be the ISEE president-elect candidate, I explained that my desire had always been to challenge the conventional economics I learned at the university (Yale, among … Continue reading → The post Letter from Outgoing President of ISEE appeared first on […]
- Nature Needs Half (NNH) Initiative December 28, 2019Upcoming Opportunities ISEE to influence Nature Needs Half initiative: The ISEE is encouraged to participate in upcoming events in 2020 that are expected to contribute greatly to defining an internationally recognized framework for biodiversity protection over the next decade and … Continue reading → The post Nature Needs Half (NNH) Initiative appeared first on The […]
- Herman Daly in the RWER December 19, 2019Real-World Economics Review Issue No. 90 Subscribe for Free The importance of ecological economics: An interview with Herman Daly Herman Daly and Jamie Morgan [University of Maryland, USA; Leeds Becket University, UK] Copyright: Herman Daly and Jamie Morgan 2019 The post Herman Daly in the RWER appeared first on The International Society for Ecological Economics.
- Manifestation of Life December 11, 2019Manifestation of Life by Clóvis Cavalcanti Bugles, trumpets sound; birds trill. And the waters of a stream slide sweetly. The blue of the sky shines brighter than ever. An intense golden light emanates from the crowned star. Children sing and … Continue reading → The post Manifestation of Life appeared first on The International Society […]
- 2020 Global Degrowth Day January 24, 2020
Tag Archives: Green Economy
Oxford Spring School in Ecological Economics 2018 2-8 April Green Economy for Countries, Cities and Regions: Ecosystems, Economy, Policy The School will address key elements of the new economy transformation, exploring the cutting edge methods and policy applications in ecological … Continue reading
ERI Fellow, Assistant Research Scholar, Green Economic Development 00045640 OAA#: 21709-16 The Environmental Resilience Institute (ERI) at Indiana University (IU) invites applications for a Fellow position in green economic development to begin in Fall 2018; the appointment is renewable for … Continue reading
Call for papers: Special issue on Degrowth and Environmental Justice Proposal submission deadline: 10th July 2017 Guest Editors: Bengi Akbulut1, Federico Demaria2, Julien-François Gerber3, Joan Martínez-Alier2 1 Concordia University, Montreal, Canada 2 Institute of Environmental Science and Technology, Autonomous University … Continue reading
Oxford Summer School in Ecological Economics 2016 4-10 September, 2016 Green Economy, Environmental Policy and Sustainability Assessment The School will address key elements of the new economy transformation, exploring the cutting edge methods and policy applications in ecological economics. With … Continue reading
Primer Congreso Internacional de Economía Ecológica en Puerto Rico, CONECEC 2015 El Primer Congreso Internacional de Economía Ecológica en Puerto Rico, CONECEC 2015, será del 24 al 27 de junio de 2015 en UPR Mayagüez bajo el tema: “Hacia la … Continue reading
In the original announcement for the course “The Green Economy” – being part of the Thor Heyerdahl Summer School series – a participation fee was included. The organizers are happy to inform that it has now become possible for them … Continue reading
Summer School: ‘the Green Economy’June 16 – June 27, 2014 The third course of the Thor Heyerdahl Summer School in Environmental Governance – will be organized in Norway in June 2014. The topic of this year’s course is ‘the Green … Continue reading
The Canadian Society for Ecological Economics (CANSEE) is pleased to announce that registration is now open for its October 31st to November 2nd conference at York University in Toronto. The theme for the conference is Sustaining the Commons: Ideas and … Continue reading
Please be informed that GA will start the recruitment process for the new position Ecological or Environmental Economist. The expert will participate in the planning, development and implementation of various relevant activities that seek to promote a transition to a … Continue reading
Canadian Society for Ecological Economics (CANSEE) 2013 Biennial Conference York University, Toronto, Ontario, Canada November 1st and 2nd, 2013 Call for Papers, Workshops and Posters Proposals due January 27, 2013 Conference theme: Sustaining the Commons: Ideas and Actions for a … Continue reading
12th Biennial Conference of the International Society for Ecological Economics ISEE 2012: ECOLOGICAL ECONOMICS AND RIO +20 CONTRIBUTIONS AND CHALLENGES FOR A GREEN ECONOMY 16 – 19 June, 2012 in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil FIRST CALL FOR PAPERS UPDATE: The … Continue reading
Watch for more information about our upcoming ISEE Conference in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. The event will take place on May 29 – June 1, 2012. Click here for more information.