The 2nd International Conference on Optimum Utilization of Salt Affected Ecosystems in Arid Regions
8- 11 September, 2013
The conference will be organized by Desert Research Center (DRC), Egypt. It will be co-sponsored by international and national organizations. The conference will include invited keynote, oral and poster presentations.
It will focus on the main following topics:
- Impact of global climate change on salt affected ecosystems.
- Environmental aspects of salt affected ecosystems.
- Prospects for saline agriculture in arid regions.
- Halophytes as a source for renewable energy.
- Sustainable use of water resources in arid regions.
- Land use and management of salt affected soils.
- New technologies for improving plant resistance to salinity.
- Livestock and poultry production under salt affected conditions.
- Socio-economics and indigenous/traditional knowledge and heritage to enhance resilience of salt affected communities.
For more information, please visit the conference website: www.drc-interconf2013.com