The Energy and Resources Institute (TERI) invites nominations for the Third Nicholas Georgescu-Roegen Annual Awards. The Awards will be announced during Delhi Sustainable Development Summit – DSDS 2015 (5-7 February 2015). Deadline for applications is 31 October 2014.
Nicholas Georgescu-Reogen Annual Awards are in two categories:
- Unconventional Thinking
- Bioeconomic Practice.
Recipients of the prize will be chosen through a process of nomination and selection.
Recipients of the prize are chosen by an esteemed jury comprising the following individuals:
- Herman Daly, Emeritus Professor, School of Public Policy, University of Maryland
- R K Pachauri, Director General, The Energy and Resources Institute [TERI], and Chairman, Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change
- Joan Martinez-Alier, Professor of Economics and Economic History, Autonomous University of Barcelona
- John Gowdy, Rittenhouse Teaching Professor of Humanities and Social Sciences, Department of Economics, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
- Rajeswari Raina, Scientist, National Institute of Science Technology and Development Studies
- Marina Fischer-Kowalski, Director, Institute of Social Ecology, Alpen Adria Universitaet
- Deepak Malghan, Assistant Professor, Public Policy, Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore
Nominations for the Georgescu-Roegen Award can be directly submitted online or emailed:
- Nominations can be directly filled online and submitted through
- Nomination can also be emailed to email@example.com