The United States Society for Ecological Economics (USSEE) Board of Directors is very pleased to announce our 2015 Biennial Conference will be a joint conference held with the Canadian Society for Ecological Economics (CANSEE) in Vancouver, British Columbia.
USSEE and CANSEE 2015 Joint Biennial Conference
Theme- Pathways for Change: Towards a Just and Sustainable Economy
Vancouver, BC Canada
October 1-4, 2015
CANSEE and USSEE are partnering to host our first transboundary Ecological Economics conference in Vancouver, BC. A key part of our joint effort is to promote dialogue that transcends disciplines and geographic boundaries. This dialogue will engage academics, policy-makers, practitioners and activists in sharing ideas and discussing practical solutions to achieve a just and sustainable economy.
In January 2015, USSEE and CANSEE will invite proposals for papers, workshops, panels and posters that address theoretical questions and inspire pathways for change towards a just and sustainable economy related to the following sub-themes:
- Balancing the Scale: reconciling society & economy with environmental limits
- Rethinking Economics & Redefining Progress – including, but not limited to the following topics: biophysical economics, degrowth, steady state economics, ecological macroeconomics, behavioral economics, natural capital, political economy, indigenomics, and measures of well-being and happiness.
- Social and Environmental Justice: economics of equity and distribution
- Solving Real Problems: Case studies of Ecological Economics beyond boundaries
- Planning, Policy, and Strategies for Resilience from local to global scales
- Ecological Economics education, practice, and communication
We look forward to receiving your proposals in 2015!