The Argentinean-Uruguayan Ecological Economics Association (ASAUEE) is meeting for the sixth time in the Salta Province.
The Iberoamerican Ecological Economy Network (REDIBEC), along with the International Society for Ecological Economy (ISEE), the Argentinean-Uruguayan Ecological Economics Association (ASAUEE) and, in this occasion, the Faculty of Natural Sciences of the National University of Salta (with support from the Extension Department of the University’s Rectoratel located in the city of Salta) invite you to participate in the en las VI MEETING OF THE ASAUEE, to take place on November 26-29, 2013 at the city of Salta, Argentina.
- National University of Salta
- Faculty of Natural Sciences
- Chair of Environmental Economics and Natural Resources
- Chair of Development and Assessment of Environment and Natural Resources Projects
- ASAUEE (Argentinean-Uruguayan Ecological Economics Association)
- REDIBEC (Iberoamerican Ecological Economics Network)
- ISEE (International Society for Ecological Economics)
- IRNED (Natural Resources and Eco-development Institute)
- INENCO (Non-conventional Energies Institute)
- CEDRUS (Center for Rural and Urban Sustainable Development)
- Master’s degree in Natural Resources and Environment
- Master’s degree in Sustainable Tourism
- Secretary of Power of the Salta Province
- To promote the Promover la forging of new spaces devoted to focused and cross-disciplinary research.
- To publicize policies and programmes from both public and private institutions regarding management of sustainable development.
- To identify and analyze socio-environmental challenges within the Iberoamerican context.
- To present research results related to the relationships between the environment, society and sustainable development.
Teachers, researchers, graduates, college students, and anyone else with basic knowledge of subjects linked to natural resources management, ecologic impact, and on environment and society. Researchers and students from universities and tertiary institutes, government members, NGOs, Investigadores y estudiantes en universidades e institutos de formación, miembros del gobierno, de ONGs, dissemination organisms and civil actors involved in increasing their knowledge and applying it to solve distributive, ecologic conflicts and sustainability challenges.
For this first call, eight central topics have been selected (listed below). According to the subject matters of the papers being submitted, new specific topics will be defined, so as to guarantee fluid interaction between participants with similar interests. Topics related to power, sustainable agriculture, urban industry contamination, poverty and environment and biodiversity will be considered relevant and welcome.
Below are the initial central topics of the meeting:
- Theoretical developments on Ecological Economics
- Methodological proposals on enviromental problems
- Propuestas metodológicas para el abordaje de problemas ambientales
- Applications of Ecological Economics tools
- Studies on environmental problems
- Environmental goods and services enhancements
- Instruments used when tackling environment-related problems
- Political-institutional aspects
- Other topics
Abstract submission: July 15th, 2013
Abstract acceptance and confirmation of presentation format: September 16th, 2013
Full-paper submission: October 4th, 2013
Latin America Residents
Residents of other Countries
Until July 7, 2013
July 8th Onwards
Important: In all cases, the registration fee includes: Access to all Actividades taking place in the Meeting, Meeting materials and CD, as well as the author and/or participant certificate in both presentation modality(paper or poster). It also covers the cost of Argentinean-Uruguayan Ecological Economics Association (ASAUEE) and the International Society for Ecological Economy (ISEE) memberships. For current ASAUEE members from URUGUAY and ARGENTINA, the fee will cover the membership for the January-December 2014 period.
If you require additional information on the participation modalities you can write to: email@example.com
PAPER SUBMISSION AND MEETING REGISTRATION
A virtual environment is in the works to handle online paper submission and registration for those whe decide to participate in the Meeting.
In the next communications the URL and abstract submission procedure will be published.
Abstracts are required to adhere to the following format:
400 words or less. They must be submitted using MS-Word format, in Arial 12 font, single line spacing, and must contain the following information:
- Title (in boldface) and horizontally-centered;
- Full name of each author;
- Organization or institution they represent/work in;
- email address of the first author;
- a contact phone;
- a postal address;
- Topic to be included in.
Abstracts will be submitted to evaluation by an Evaluation Committee, after which the authors will be contacted with the evaluation result (either the paper acceptance, a request to make adjustments or an abstract rejection notice)
Before the event, authors must submit the full papers. They can contain up to 15 A4 pages, and must be submitted in MS-Word format, Arial 12pt font (same goes for the footnotes), single line spacing, 2.5cm margins. This includes tables, graphics, bibliography and annexes. Authors are encouraged to avoid including photos or any other images at this point (unless considered essential).
All accepted papers, and in case authors have fulfilled the registration requirements and payments, will be published inside the BOOK OF ABSTRACTS and the accompanying CD (with ISBN record). The CD will include the full papers and poster contents, lectures and related additional information.
Authors are also encouraged to submit their papers and posters to the review board of the Iberoamerican Ecological Economics Network magazine (REVIBEC), where they will be indexed in Latindex.
Authors may also opt to distribute printed copies of their accepted work among their presentation/poster participants.