Position Title: Associate/Assistant Professor, Environmental and Resource Economics Department of Economics
***Revised October 2009 ***
The Department of Economics at Portland State University invites applications for a tenure track associate or assistant professor position, which begins September 2010. We are conducting a search in any area of environmental and natural resource economics, though expertise in renewable energy and energy efficiency would be especially welcome.
- Teaching load includes courses in candidates’ areas of specialization at the undergraduate and graduate levels.
- Assist with curriculum development
- Advise graduate and undergraduate students
- Conduct academic research for publication.
- Present and discuss research at scholarly meetings
- Contribute fully to departmental, college and university service. This includes, but is not limited to attending monthly faculty meetings, participating in departmental social events, seminars, community outreach activities and serving on or leading departmental, college or university committees.
- Contribute fully to the intellectual environment of the Department of Economics
- Candidates must have completed all requirements for the Ph.D. prior to September 2010.
- Qualifications for appointment include a distinguished Ph.D. record, evidence of commitment to research, teaching and creating community partnerships, capability to secure extramural research support and interest in policy issues.
- Active research agenda in environmental and resource economics
- Candidates are expected to display exceptional ability to teach a diverse student body at an urban university.
The starting annual salary rate for this position will be between $85,000 to $90,000 with an excellent benefits package that in 2008/2009 includes fully paid healthcare, retirement package and reduced tuition rates for employee, spouse or one dependant at any of the Oregon University System schools.
Applicants should send a curriculum vita, minimum three letters of professional recommendation, papers, publications and evidence of high-caliber teaching by post to Environmental Economics Search Chair, Department of Economics, Portland State University, P.O. Box 751, Portland, OR 97207-0751 or electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications received by November 30, 2009 are guaranteed full consideration, but will be accepted until the position is filled. Questions can also be directed to email@example.com. Interviews to be conducted at 2010 ASSA meetings in Atlanta, Georgia.
Portland State University is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Institution and, in keeping with the President’s diversity initiative, welcomes applications from diverse candidates and candidates who support diversity.