The International Society for Ecological Economics (ISEE) – https://www.isecoeco.org/ – is a transdisciplinary partnership of scholars, professionals, and activists from a broad range of backgrounds. Through education, research, policy, and social action, we foster transformation towards an equitable and ecologically sustainable society with respect for the rights of people and nature, biological and cultural diversity. At the heart of this, we recognise that our economy is part of a finite biosphere and needs to respect its ecological limits. ISEE is not-for-profit and member-governed.
The Society publishes a research journal, books, and other materials; holds and sponsors scientific meetings; develops educational materials; and facilitates a voice for ecological economists in public forums. As the ISEE Communications Intern, you will help our team bring to life the numerous ways that the ISEE is communicating to all its current and future members as well as to all its stakeholders. You will report directly to our communications committee.
ISEE recognizes the importance of communication that is inclusive and transformational in these global, challenging times. As a mandate-driven organization, you will keep a finger on the pulse of broader Ecological Economics research and practice trends, as well as helping to identify opportunities for ISEE to communicate in a relevant and effective manner.
We’re looking for someone who can hustle under pressure and change course quickly. If you’re an intellectually curious self-starter, passionate and skilled in GIF usage, and a fan of the ISEE, we’re looking for you.
- Timing: 12 weeks, full or part-time
- Salary: $400 per month, negotiable
- Work with the ISEE Board and the Communications Committee to refine our communications strategy.
- Analyse the audience and potential audience of ISEE social media accounts, newsletter and website.
- Develop written materials, including briefing docs, communications plans, update ISEE FAQs, social media strategy, webinar and blog post strategy.
- Monitor industry news, develop, and consolidate media contact lists, track press coverage, and support media inquiries.
- Other requested tasks related to communications for the ISEE.
Candidates must have:
- Excellent writing, editing, and communications skills.
- Skilled at working on multiple projects at once.
- Proven ability to work well under pressure and adapt quickly to change.
- Curiosity and ability to think creatively and flexibility.
- Self-starter, who instinctively and consistently creates personal and professional stretch goals and meets them.
- Recently completed, or currently pursuing a degree in Marketing, Communications, or a related field
- Bilingual, fluent in English and Spanish. Additional languages are welcomed.
If you are interested, please email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 9th June 2023.