Environmental Studies Program
Hinman Box 6182, 113 Steele Hall
Hanover, New Hampshire 03755, U.S.A.
July 5, 2012
Postdoctoral Research Associate: Ecosystem Services
Environmental Studies Program, Dartmouth College
The Environmental Studies Program at Dartmouth College aims to recruit a Postdoctoral Research Associate with expertise in the science, valuation, and governance of ecosystem services. The successful applicant will work in an interdisciplinary team under the direction of Professor Richard Howarth on a multi-year, multi-institution project sponsored by the National Science Foundation to study the links between forests, watersheds, and socioeconomic systems in the State of New Hampshire. The project provides opportunities related to:
• The analysis of tradeoffs between timber values, carbon storage, surface albedo, and biodiversity in the management of forests.
• Stakeholder research and the use of scenario analysis to project and evaluate changes in land use and resource management.
The successful applicant will have completed (or be near completion of) a PhD in environmental studies, ecological economics, conservation biology, natural resource management, or a related field. To apply, please send a cover letter, c.v., a representative publication, and the names and addresses of three references to:
Prof. Richard B. Howarth
Environmental Studies Program
The position offers a competitive salary and benefits with a start date of September 1, 2012 or as negotiated. Applications will be considered until the position is filled.
Dartmouth College is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and has a strong commitment to diversity. We welcome applications from a broad spectrum of people, including women, persons of color, persons with disabilities, and veterans.
- PHD Students ECOZOIC, University of Vermont December 1, 2021PHD STUDENTS, LEADERSHIP FOR THE ECOZOIC, UNIVERSITY OF VERMONT The University of Vermont (UVM) in Burlington, Vermont and McGill University in Montreal, Quebec seek up to 6 PhD students for Fall 2022 to comprise the third cohort of Leadership for … Continue reading → The post PHD Students ECOZOIC, University of Vermont appeared first on […]
- Post-doctoral Associate ECOZOIC December 1, 2021POST-DOCTORAL ASSOCIATE, LEADERSHIP FOR THE ECOZOIC, DEPARTMENT OF COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT AND APPLIED ECONOMICS, UNIVERSITY OF VERMONT JOB SUMMARY: We seek a Post-doctoral Associate to join the Ecological Economics node of the Leadership for the Ecozoic (L4E) initiative at the University … Continue reading → The post Post-doctoral Associate ECOZOIC appeared first on The International Society […]
- Assistant or Associate Professor-Environmental Policy or Economics November 22, 2021Assistant or Associate Professor-Environmental Policy or Economics. The School of Marine and Atmospheric Sciences (SoMAS) at Stony Brook University invites applications for a tenure-track faculty position in environmental policy or economics connected to water resources and/or water quality. Applicants with … Continue reading → The post Assistant or Associate Professor-Environmental Policy or Economics appeared first […]
- Next Round of #ESA2022 Session Proposals November 18, 2021The annual meeting of the Ecological Society of America will be held in Montreal from 14th -19th August 2022. https://www.esa.org/montreal2022/ ESA is seeking proposals for workshops, short courses, sessions and field trips. In these times it is even more important to connect … Continue reading → The post Next Round of #ESA2022 Session Proposals appeared first on […]
- Vatican Ecological Economics Internship November 12, 2021* * * * * * * * * * * ECOLOGICAL ECONOMICS INTERNSHIP WITH THE VATICAN Length: 1 year (January-December 2022) with option to extendHours: 36 hours/wk (flexible with research needs and urgency of assignments) Position Summary The ecological … Continue reading → The post Vatican Ecological Economics Internship appeared first on The International […]
- Call for Candidates for ISEE Election November 10, 2021UPCOMING ISEE ELECTIONS and CALL for NOMINATIONS The ISEE Board Election will be held in December for 1 President-Elect, 10 Board Members, 2 Student Members. Nominations of Candidates must be received by November 26th. If you are interested in running, … Continue reading → The post Call for Candidates for ISEE Election appeared first on […]
- 2021 Bratislava Conference an Outstanding Success November 9, 20212021 Bratislava Conference Earth System Governance in turbulent times: prospects for political and behavioral responses September 7-9, 2021 Find out more about the six plenary sessions, policy forum, nine parallel session slots and two innovative all over three days! At … Continue reading → The post 2021 Bratislava Conference an Outstanding Success appeared first on […]
- NREM Instructor Needed for Environmental Social Science November 9, 2021Instructor in Environmental Social Science and Management University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa The Natural Resources and Environmental Management Department (NREM) at the University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa (UHM) seeks a full-time, 9-month, non-tenure track instructor to support the social science … Continue reading → The post NREM Instructor Needed for Environmental Social Science appeared first […]
- Now Seeking Outstanding Writing For $5,000 Zencey Prize November 4, 2021Gund News | Oct. 26, 2021 Now Seeking Outstanding Writing For $5,000 Zencey Prize Submit books and long-form journalism for the Eric Zencey Prize in Ecological Economics by January 4 The Gund Institute for Environment at the University of Vermont … Continue reading → The post Now Seeking Outstanding Writing For $5,000 Zencey Prize appeared […]
- Supervisory Economist, GS-0110-15, US Environmental Protection Agency October 26, 2021Supervisory Economist, GS-0110-15, US Environmental Protection Agency This Supervisory Economist position is located within the Office of Water, Economics Center, in Washington, DC. Learn more about the Office of Water: https://www.epa.gov/aboutepa/about-office-water Full Job Posting Available here: https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/617775200 Application Deadline: November … Continue reading → The post Supervisory Economist, GS-0110-15, US Environmental Protection Agency appeared first […]
- PHD Students ECOZOIC, University of Vermont December 1, 2021