Institute of Social Ecology, Vienna
POSITION IS CLOSED
The Institute of Social Ecology in Vienna, part of the Faculty for Interdisciplinary Studies at Alps-Adria University, invites applications for the position of Post-Doc Assistant of Integrated Socio-ecological Analysis (50%) starting in July 2010.
The applicant will help to advance the understanding of interrelations in socio-ecological systems. He or she will contribute to the analysis of socio-ecological data, modeling and scenario building in support of policy processes. We are looking for an individual with a natural or social science background and proficiency in mathematics and statistical analysis. Applicants should show familiarity with interdisciplinary fields such as industrial ecology or ecological economics and an open mindedness towards co operations between natural and social sciences. We are seeking a committed and creative person with intellectual curiosity, strong communicative skills, organizational talent and enthusiasm for team work.
Aufgaben / tasks:
- Contribution to research in social metabolism and more specifically to the statistical analysis of socio-ecological data and the development of formal models.
- Acquisition and coordination of research projects; scholarly publications.
- Engagement in teaching and the supervision of students in the master and doctoral program in social ecology.
- Collaboration in further development of the Institute’s scientific profile and organizational structure.
Voraussetzungen / preconditions:
- A doctoral degree.
- Publications in interdisciplinary fields such as industrial ecology or ecological economics.
- Proficiency in advanced methods of statistical data analysis and mathematical modelling.
- Capacity to apply industrial ecology methods such as material and energy flow accounting, lifecycle analysis or hybrid input-output analysis.
- Experience in empirical research across social and natural sciences.
- Excellent knowledge of English.
Weiters sind erwünscht / additional assets
- Experience in project management and acquisition.
- Excellent publication record.
- Experience in teaching and student supervision.
- Knowledge of German.
Klagenfurt University is aiming to increase the proportion of its female personnel, in particular women in management positions and faculty. Qualified women are therefore explicitly invited to apply. In case of equal qualifications, women will be given preferential consideration for employment.
Please submit a hard-copy version of your application including a motivation letter, CV and publications list, a formalized description of your competencies (download list at and one of your publications (only electronically) until May 26th, 2010 (stamp date) to:
Dienstleistungseinrichtung Personal /