The Chair of Environmental Economics and Resource Management at Albert-Ludwigs-University of Freiburg, Germany, Prof. Dr. Stefan Baumgärtner) is seeking a
Postdoctoral Researcher in Ecological, Environmental and Resource Economics
beginning April 1, 2018 or the earliest date thereafter. The position is full-time (part-time employment can be negotiated), remunerated under state salary scheme TV-L E13, and limited to a term ending on December 31, 2019.
The group’s research focuses on the following areas: (1) sustainability economics; (2) biodiversity and ecosystem services; (3) risk, resilience and insurance in ecological-economic systems; (4) intergenerational justice and responsibility for sustainability.
- cutting-edge research in one of the group’s research areas
- publication of research results in academic journals and presentation at international conferences
- teaching in Bachelor and Master courses and supervision of students’ theses, to an extent of 4 teaching hours per semester
- PhD in economics or another relevant field
- very good methods competence and research success (e.g. publications)
- strong research motivation in one of the group’s research areas
- very good English language proficiency and basic German language proficiency
- independence, reliability and good communication skills
- an attractive work environment within an interdisciplinary and international team at one of the best universities of Europe
- support for building your own independent scientific career (networking, mentoring, projects, habilitation, funding and leading a junior research group, etc.)
For questions, you may contact: Stefan Baumgärtner, +49 761 2033753,
Send your application (including cover letter, CV, transcripts, list of publications/conference presentations, names and contact information of three academic references, short description of research interests) as one single pdf via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Screening of applications begins on October 15, 2017; the position remains open until filled.