Deadline: September 19, 2019, 5:00 PM Eastern/2:00 PM Pacific
Submit a Paper Session
The meeting theme is “Harnessing the Ecological Data Revolution“.
Although session proposals related to the meeting’s theme are encouraged, any timely and coherent subject of broad interest to ecologists will be considered. Proposals will be peer reviewed using criteria described in the proposal calls.
Proposals must be submitted through the online form by Sept. 19, 2019, at 5:00 PM Eastern Time (2:00 Pacific Time). No late or emailed proposals will be considered.
Join Us in Salt Lake City
Did you know? There are over 20 national parks and monuments within driving distance of Salt Lake City. Next year’s meeting is the perfect starting point for exploring a wide variety of natural areas in the region.
New in 2020
The meeting program in 2020 will have some new and exciting changes to improve the overall experience for attendees and presenters. Learn more here.
- More focused sessions: Shorter oral and poster sessions (90 minutes)
- More time to network: Longer coffee breaks (30 minutes)
- Easier to follow schedule: One schedule for all oral session types
- Shorter talks: 15 minutes for contributed & organized oral, 20 minutes for symposia
- Easier to propose a session: 4 speakers for symposia, 6 speakers for organized oral
- Fewer conflicts: No overlap between talks and posters
- No Friday presentations: Talks and posters will be Monday – Thursday
- More time for hands-on learning: Workshops and field trips added on Friday
- New Latebreaking time: Thursday afternoon
- One deadline for all invited oral sessions: Inspire proposals are due in September
New abstract submission fee: All talks are $60, all posters are FREE; ESA will offer an opt-out mechanism for those that lack funding to cover the fee.