Two Teaching/Research Associate Positions, WU, Vienna
Part-time, 30 hours/week
Would you like to make a major step forward in your academic career? WU offers ideal conditions to help you achieve that goal.
WU (Vienna University of Economics and Business) is the largest business university in the European Union and is centrally located at the heart of Europe, with over 23,000 students and roughly 2,300 employees working in teaching, research, and administration. WU’s modern campus, right next door to Vienna’s expansive Prater Park, offers impressive, award-winning architecture and an excellent working environment. The Institute for Multi-Level Governance and Development is currently inviting applications for two
Openings for two teaching/research associates are available at the Institute for Multi-Level Governance and Development. Primary superviser for one post to be Prof. Andreas Novy and the other Prof. Clive Spash. They will pursue a PhD in line with the overall orientation of the Institute and the Department. Areas of interest should cover at least one, and preferably more, of the following fields:
- Urban sustainability and regional development
- Urban and real estate economics and housing policy
- Social-ecological economics
- Social-ecological transformation
- Multi-level governance and public policy
The associates will support the Institute in teaching at the bachelor level (Sustainable Economics and Business or optional courses in urban & regional economics or real estate economics).
- High grade Bachelor and Master degrees in social/economic sciences or related fields
- Demonstrated commitment to interdisciplinary and structured methodological pluralist research in the above mentioned and related relevant fields
- Evidence of commitment and ability to undertake doctoral studies and research
- Doctoral proposal covering research question(s), literature of relevance and proposed approach to answering research question(s) (max. five pages)
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Excellent academic writing skills in English
- Experience in teaching/tutoring at university level or equivalent desirable
- Research project/grant experience desirable
- Publications desirable
- Fluency in German and English
The minimum gross monthly salary is € 2,148.38, subject to adjustment if candidates can document relevant prior professional experience.
This employee position will be limited to a period of six years, starting on October 01, 2019 (commencement date subject to change).
If you are interested in a job with diverse responsibilities in a pleasant, stimulating work environment, please submit your application until July 10, 2019 at the following web address: www.wu.ac.at/jobs<https://www.wu.ac.at/karriere/arbeiten-an-der-wu/jobangebote> (ID 245).
We are looking forward to hearing from you!
WU Wirtschaftsuniversität Wien
Institute for Multi-Level Governance and Development
1020 Wien, Austria