Biosecurity Economist, CSIRO Ecosystem Sciences, Brisbane, Canberra, or Adelaide
- Exciting Economist role in a team of social & economic scientists
- Work on cutting edge economics research addressing biosecurity issues
- Join CSIRO and contribute to a dynamic, innovative and effective research team
CSIRO is seeking a motivated economist to join the Social and Economic Sciences Research Program to design, conduct and publish original and innovative research on biosecurity issues and risk analysis. The successful candidate will play a vital role in a growing team of social and economic scientists working in this area.
Specifically you will:
- Conceive, design, conduct and deliver cutting edge economics research addressing issues of biosecurity, leading to effective outcomes
- Publish high quality scientific publications
- Contribute to a dynamic, innovative and effective research team
- Contribute to the organizational goals of the research group, the Social and Economic Sciences Program and CSIRO Ecosystem Sciences.
Location: Brisbane, Canberra or Adelaide, Australia
Salary: AUD86K-116K per annum plus up to 15.4% superannuation (pension fund)
Ref No: ACTQ12/01355
To be successful you will have:
- A PhD in a relevant field of economics.
- Experience in the application of economic theories and analysis methods pertinent to biosecurity.
- Demonstrated capability in research design, management and delivery.
- Demonstrated ability to publish high-quality papers in scientific journals and write effectively for industry and public stakeholder audiences.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
The Social and Economic Science Program within CSIRO’s Division of Ecosystem Sciences is the primary provider of social and economic scientific expertise to CSIRO and seeks to be recognized, nationally and internationally, as a leader in social science on questions of sustainability. For further information on the Program go to or contact Dr Marcus Lane at email@example.com.
For further information and to apply online for the position of Biosecurity Economist please visit our website at choose “Jobs Search” and insert Reference Number ACTQ12/01355 where indicated.
Applications close 30 June 2012.