- 2015 Nobel Peace Prize January 23, 2015Stuart Scott, IESCO, Deputy Director General for the North American Region and Climate Change Issues Again this year I am actively promoting both the Nobel Peace Prize and the Economics Prize, to be awarded in a manner that will help … Continue reading →
- Introduction to Ecological Economics Second Edition January 20, 2015Robert Costanza’s new book: Introduction to Ecological Economics, Second Edition. This edition is a major update and expansion of the 1997 first edition. Ecological economics explores new ways of thinking about how we manage our lives and our planet to … Continue reading →
- Program Manager – Sustainable Agriculture January 12, 2015Help improve environmental, social and economic outcomes in Australian agriculture: Join one of the world’s most respected conservation organisations Full time position, 2 years Brisbane or Sydney negotiable WWF-Australia, the global conservation organisation, is seeking an experienced manager to lead … Continue reading →
- Global Footprint Network Research Intern January 8, 2015Global Footprint Network promotes a sustainable economy by advancing the Ecological Footprint, a tool that makes sustainability measurable. Together with our partners, we coordinate research, develop methodological standards, and provide decision makers with robust tools to help the human economy … Continue reading →
- Global Footprint Network Research Analyst (Oakland) January 8, 2015Global Footprint Network promotes a sustainable economy by advancing the Ecological Footprint, a tool that makes sustainability measurable. Together with our partners, we coordinate research, develop methodological standards, and provide decision makers with robust resource accounts to help the human … Continue reading →
- 27th PhD Workshop on International Climate Policy January 6, 2015The Sustainability Research Center at ESCP Europe “SustBusy” is pleased to host the next Workshop of the European PhD Network on International Climate Policy! To read the Call for Papers for the 27th PhD Workshop on International Climate Policy (ICP) … Continue reading →
- Post Doctoral Researcher; Green Development & Fishing Industry December 29, 2014Post doctoral researcher at the Institute of Sustainability Studies University of Iceland; Green development and the fishing industry. A 2-YEAR POSITION as post doctoral researcher on assessing how to reduce GHG emissions from the fishing industry and contribute simultaneously to … Continue reading →
- Post Doctoral Researcher December 29, 2014Post doctoral researcher, at the Institute of Economic Studies, University of Iceland, Reykjavik: An interdisciplinary position within the fields of biology, economics and political science. A 2-YEAR POSITION as a Post doctoral researcher, on the international implications of variability in … Continue reading →
- Postdoctoral Fellow: Adapting dairy farms to climate change December 23, 2014The BC3-Basque Centre for Climate Change offers a 3 year postdoctoral fellowship. The successful applicant will assist in the development of system-based livestock farm modeling approaches in order to analyze strategies that help dairy farmers to both adapt to temperature … Continue reading →
- University of Vermont, Co-Director and Faculty Position in Leadership for Sustainability December 22, 2014Co-director, Leadership for Sustainability M.S. ConcentrationRubenstein School of Environment and Natural ResourcesUniversity of Vermont The University of Vermont’s Rubenstein School of Environment and Natural Resources (RSENR) is launching a new distance learning Master’s program designed for emerging leaders who are … Continue reading →
- 2015 Nobel Peace Prize January 23, 2015
Category Archives: Publishers
CROP in cooperation with Zed Books, requests entries for the CROP International Studies in Poverty Prize 2014. Deadline: August 31, 2014 We seek original, high-quality, alternative and critical academic manuscripts. Works challenging the dominant thinking and knowledge about poverty and … Continue reading
Elsevier has an excellent list of book on environmental topics, including environmental economics.
Blackwell Publishing has a number of journals and books on environmental and resource economics. They are currently offering, for a limited time only, free online access for 60 days to Natural Resources Forum, a new UN journal focusing on international, … Continue reading
Earthscan has published a number of titles that may be of interest to members. These include: Ecological Economics by Peter SÖderbaum and Biodiversity and Ecological Economics Participation, Values and Resource Management by Luca Tacconi.
Edward Elgar publishers have an outstanding list of book on ecological economics and related topics.
RFF Press publishes books that present a broad range of approaches to the study of natural resources and the environment.
John Wiley & Sons have recently published a major reference work that may be of interest to ISEE members. The Encyclopaedia of Environmetrics is a four volume publication dedicated to quantitative methods in the environmental sciences.