- Tenure track Assistant Professor in development practice July 28, 2017Career Opportunities: Tenure track Assistant Professor in development practice (11062) Introduction: The University of Lausanne is a higher teaching and research institution composed of seven faculties where approximately 14,300 students and nearly 3,800 collaborators, professors, and researchers work and study. Ideally situated … Continue reading →
- The Water-Energy-Food Nexus: Global implications, Priority interconnections in Latin America and the Caribbean July 28, 2017The Natural Resources and Infrastructure Division collaborated with the XVIth World Water Congress “Bridging Science and Policy” (Cancun, Mexico, 29 May-3 June 2017), in the Special Session “Water Security in the Americas” (30 May) and the High-Level Panel “The Water-Energy-Food … Continue reading →
- Senior Lecturer in Human Ecology July 18, 2017Lund University Department of Human Geography Lund University was founded in 1666 and is repeatedly ranked among the world’s top 100 universities. The University has 42 000 students and 7 400 staff based in Lund, Helsingborg and Malmö. We are … Continue reading →
- Ecological Economics at the UN Climate Negotiations (COP-23) July 17, 2017Ecological Economics at the UN Climate Negotiations (COP-23) If you are planning or would consider going to this year’s climate negotiations in Bonn, Germany to speak publicly about Ecological Economics, one of our members is offering the following opportunity. Stuart … Continue reading →
- Job Posting from Aarhus University July 17, 2017Position as Researcher in Environmental Economic Modelling and Policy Analysis 919398 The Department of Environmental Science, Aarhus University, Denmark is offering a position as Researcher for 4 years. The position is to be filled October 1st, 2017, at the latest. … Continue reading →
- Job Opportunities at IIASA July 13, 2017The following job opportunities are available. A Graphic Designer in the External Relations, Communications, and Library Department. Click here for more information. The deadline for applications is 4 August 2017. Research Scholars in Agriculture, Forestry, and Land Use Economics in … Continue reading →
- AARES Conference 2018 Call for Papers July 12, 2017The 62nd Australasian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society (AARES) Annual Conference 2018 “Abundance in an Era of Scarcity? Challenges and Opportunities for Australasian Agriculture, Environment, Food, Resource, and Agribusiness Sectors” Join us in 2018 for an exciting program of discussion … Continue reading →
- Order of Agricultural Merit Awarded to Bina Agarwal July 10, 2017Professor Bina Agarwal (former ISEE President) was conferred the prestigious French civilian distinction, Officier de l’Ordre du mérite agricole (Officer of the Order of Agricultural Merit) by H.E. Mr Alexandre Ziegler, Ambassador of France to India, on 5 July 2017 … Continue reading →
- 2018 Conference of the International Society for Ecological Economics July 5, 20172018 Conference of the International Society for Ecological Economics June 2018, Mexico City Ecological Economics and Socio-ecological Movements: Science, policy, and challenges to global processes in a troubled world This XV Biennial conference of the International Society for Ecological Economics … Continue reading →
- Six Tenure Track Sustainability Science Professor Positions Open June 30, 2017Helsinki Institute of Sustainability Science, HELSUS Helsus is a new cross-faculty research unit in sustainability science at the University of Helsinki. The mission of the institute is to contribute to sustainability transformations of the societies by means of interdisciplinary and … Continue reading →
- Tenure track Assistant Professor in development practice July 28, 2017
Category Archives: Publishers
The Journal of Business Ethics, a journal in on the Financial Times (FT 45) list for the ranking of research in business schools, has invited Julie Nelson to be the inaugural editor of a new Section on “Business Ethics and Economics.” This section invites … Continue reading
Call for book or chapter proposals: Vernon Press launches a series in “Economic Methodology” Vernon Press invites book proposals on economic methods, broadly construed. All economics-based schools of thought are encouraged to submit. Other disciplines are encouraged to submit, as … Continue reading
Edited by Joan Martínez-Alier, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Spain and Roldan Muradian, Universidade Federal Fluminense, Brazil ‘This volume is a much-needed addition to the literature on ecological economics. The essays in this volume represent a return to the basic ontological … Continue reading
Economics, Econometrics and Finance Ecological EconomicsJanuary to December 2014 full year 1. A typology for the classification, description and valuation of ecosystem functions, goods and services • ArticleEcological Economics, Volume 41, Issue 3, Pages 393-408de Groot, Rudolf S; Wilson, Matthew … Continue reading
CROP in cooperation with Zed Books, requests entries for the CROP International Studies in Poverty Prize 2014. Deadline: August 31, 2014 We seek original, high-quality, alternative and critical academic manuscripts. Works challenging the dominant thinking and knowledge about poverty and … Continue reading
Elsevier has an excellent list of book on environmental topics, including environmental economics.
Blackwell Publishing has a number of journals and books on environmental and resource economics. They are currently offering, for a limited time only, free online access for 60 days to Natural Resources Forum, a new UN journal focusing on international, … Continue reading
Earthscan has published a number of titles that may be of interest to members. These include: Ecological Economics by Peter SÖderbaum and Biodiversity and Ecological Economics Participation, Values and Resource Management by Luca Tacconi.
Edward Elgar publishers have an outstanding list of book on ecological economics and related topics.
RFF Press publishes books that present a broad range of approaches to the study of natural resources and the environment.
John Wiley & Sons have recently published a major reference work that may be of interest to ISEE members. The Encyclopaedia of Environmetrics is a four volume publication dedicated to quantitative methods in the environmental sciences.