- Happiness Is an Important Indicator of Societal Progress July 6, 2015Opinion Piece in the New York Times, Room for Debate, by Bina Agarwal If happiness is defined by an individual’s freedom to choose, and lead, a life he or she has reason to value, it is worth tracking it as … Continue reading →
- ANZSEE 2015 Conference July 3, 2015ANZSEE 2015 Conference (19 – 23 October 2015) ANZSEE is excited to announce that the 2015 Conference, Thriving Through Transformation – Local to Global Sustainability, will be held at the University of New England Business School, Armidale, NSW from 19-23 October … Continue reading →
- National Students for Sustainability Professional Conference June 29, 2015The University of Western Sydney (UWS) will be hosting a national Students for Sustainability (S4S) professional conference on the 15th and 16th September 2015. The conference theme “HOPE for the future” will explore the social and environmental impacts of our … Continue reading →
- Tenure-Track Position in Industrial Ecology June 26, 2015Tenure-track position in industrial ecology University Waterloo, Canada Industrial Ecology The School of Environment, Enterprise and Development (SEED), in the Faculty of Environment, University of Waterloo, invites applications for a tenure-track position at the Assistant Professor level in industrial ecology. … Continue reading →
- Best Young Researcher Paper Prize June 16, 2015The International Society for Ecological Modelling Global Conference 2016 BEST YOUNG RESEARCHER PAPER PRIZE Nominations are now being accepted for the Best Young Researcher Paper Prize! Any authors, age 35 or younger, who have published a paper in Ecological Modelling since 2014 or … Continue reading →
- Social Scientist Needed June 12, 2015Apply Here Integrated Statistics is looking for a social scientist to work with the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) Social Science Branch of the Northeast Fisheries Science Center. The Social Sciences Branch conducts research relating to economic and socio-cultural … Continue reading →
- Call for Papers from the 8th Biennial Conference of the INSEE June 8, 2015CALL FOR PAPERS The 8th Biennial Conference of the Indian Society for Ecological Economics (INSEE) On URBANIZATION AND THE ENVIRONMENT Hosted by Department of Management Studies, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore During 4 – 6 January 2016 Rapid urbanization and … Continue reading →
- Technische Universität Berlin University Professor May 28, 2015Technische Universität Berlin – Faculty VI – Building Planning Environment – Institute of Landscape Architecture and Environmental Planning is advertising a full position of a University Professor- salary grade W 3. For the chair of ”Environmental Economics of Land Use“ Reference number: … Continue reading →
- Announcing 2015 Nominees for USSEE Board of Directors May 27, 2015The USSEE Board of Directors is pleased to announce the nominees for board positions with terms beginning in June 2015 and ending June 2017: Secretary-Treasurer: Kyle Gracey and John Sorrentino At Large Members (2): Paul Baer, Nate Hagens, Christie Klimas, … Continue reading →
- Tenure-track position Assistant Professor Level in Economic Development May 22, 2015Economic Development The School of Environment, Enterprise and Development (SEED), in the Faculty of Environment, University of Waterloo, invites applications for a tenure-track position at the Assistant Professor level in economic development. Candidates for Assistant Professor should have a completed … Continue reading →
- Happiness Is an Important Indicator of Societal Progress July 6, 2015
Category Archives: Publishers
Economics, Econometrics and Finance Ecological EconomicsJanuary to December 2014 full year 1. A typology for the classification, description and valuation of ecosystem functions, goods and services • ArticleEcological Economics, Volume 41, Issue 3, Pages 393-408de Groot, Rudolf S; Wilson, Matthew … Continue reading
CROP in cooperation with Zed Books, requests entries for the CROP International Studies in Poverty Prize 2014. Deadline: August 31, 2014 We seek original, high-quality, alternative and critical academic manuscripts. Works challenging the dominant thinking and knowledge about poverty and … Continue reading
Elsevier has an excellent list of book on environmental topics, including environmental economics.
Blackwell Publishing has a number of journals and books on environmental and resource economics. They are currently offering, for a limited time only, free online access for 60 days to Natural Resources Forum, a new UN journal focusing on international, … Continue reading
Earthscan has published a number of titles that may be of interest to members. These include: Ecological Economics by Peter SÖderbaum and Biodiversity and Ecological Economics Participation, Values and Resource Management by Luca Tacconi.
Edward Elgar publishers have an outstanding list of book on ecological economics and related topics.
RFF Press publishes books that present a broad range of approaches to the study of natural resources and the environment.
John Wiley & Sons have recently published a major reference work that may be of interest to ISEE members. The Encyclopaedia of Environmetrics is a four volume publication dedicated to quantitative methods in the environmental sciences.