- SSHRC Canada Research Chair Tier 2 April 26, 2017SSHRC Canada Research Chair Tier 2 – Economic and Business Approaches to Low-Carbon Transitions The Faculty of Environment, University of Waterloo, invites applications for a tenure-track faculty position at the rank of Assistant Professor or Associate Professor (salary range $85,000 … Continue reading →
- 2017 Leontief Prize Winners April 17, 2017James K. Boyce and Joan Martinez-Alier “Economics, Equity, and the Environment” From Left: Neva Goodwin, Joan Martinez-Alier, President Anthony Monaco, James Boyce, William Moomaw On March 28, the Global Development and Environment Institute (GDAE) awarded the 2017 Leontief Prize … Continue reading →
- Two Senior Economists Positions April 10, 2017The Position CSIRO seeks to appoint two senior economists providing leadership in natural resource and environment analysis, policy, and modelling. We are seeking individuals with recognized expertise and an emerging international reputation, with knowledge across one or more of agricultural … Continue reading →
- INSEE Celebrates 20th Anniversary April 7, 2017About Indian Society for Ecological Economics INSEE was conceived at a meeting held in New Delhi on 24 September 1998 and within four months it was registered under the Societies Registration Act (1860), as a regional society affiliated to the … Continue reading →
- Political Economy of Electricity Provision Research Fellow April 3, 2017Research Fellow, in the Political Economy of Electricity Provision Are you an ambitious researcher looking for your next challenge? Do you have a background in economics, political economy, economic geography or ecological economics, and an interest in energy studies? Do … Continue reading →
- PhD Position April 3, 2017Contact: If you have any questions, please contact Dr. Julia Steinberger, and Dr. Dan O’Neill, Sustainability Research Institute, School of Earth & Environment, University of Leeds. A fully-funded 3.5 years Leverhulme PhD is available to UK/EU national or resident candidates only. The funding … Continue reading →
- USSEE 2017: Registration Now Open! March 30, 2017We are excited to announce that registration is now open for USSEE 2017: Ecological Economics: From Theory to Practice, being held at Macalester College in Saint Paul, Minnesota from June 25-28. We hope you will join us for what promises … Continue reading →
- Oxford Summer School in Ecological Economics 2017 March 27, 2017Environment Europe is pleased to announce that we are currently receiving applications for the Oxford Summer School in Ecological Economics 2017 to take place 27 August – 2 September 2017. The programme this year is really special and we will … Continue reading →
- Climate Statistics PhD Student March 23, 2017Vermont EPSCoR is recruiting several PhD level graduate students to join our cutting-edge NSF-funded research on Basin Resilience to Extreme Events (BREE). We are initiating a five-year award of large-scale interdisciplinary studies which will determine how the Lake Champlain Basin’s … Continue reading →
- Deep-Learning Postdoctoral or Faculty Researcher March 23, 2017Deep-Learning Postdoctoral or Faculty Researcher (Position ID: PDA#005) Vermont EPSCoR is recruiting a postdoctoral or faculty researcher with expertise in machine learning and complex systems modeling to join our cutting-edge NSF-funded research on Basin Resilience to Extreme Events (BREE). We … Continue reading →
- SSHRC Canada Research Chair Tier 2 April 26, 2017
Category Archives: Publishers
The Journal of Business Ethics, a journal in on the Financial Times (FT 45) list for the ranking of research in business schools, has invited Julie Nelson to be the inaugural editor of a new Section on “Business Ethics and Economics.” This section invites … Continue reading
Call for book or chapter proposals: Vernon Press launches a series in “Economic Methodology” Vernon Press invites book proposals on economic methods, broadly construed. All economics-based schools of thought are encouraged to submit. Other disciplines are encouraged to submit, as … Continue reading
Edited by Joan Martínez-Alier, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Spain and Roldan Muradian, Universidade Federal Fluminense, Brazil ‘This volume is a much-needed addition to the literature on ecological economics. The essays in this volume represent a return to the basic ontological … Continue reading
Economics, Econometrics and Finance Ecological EconomicsJanuary to December 2014 full year 1. A typology for the classification, description and valuation of ecosystem functions, goods and services • ArticleEcological Economics, Volume 41, Issue 3, Pages 393-408de Groot, Rudolf S; Wilson, Matthew … Continue reading
CROP in cooperation with Zed Books, requests entries for the CROP International Studies in Poverty Prize 2014. Deadline: August 31, 2014 We seek original, high-quality, alternative and critical academic manuscripts. Works challenging the dominant thinking and knowledge about poverty and … Continue reading
Elsevier has an excellent list of book on environmental topics, including environmental economics.
Blackwell Publishing has a number of journals and books on environmental and resource economics. They are currently offering, for a limited time only, free online access for 60 days to Natural Resources Forum, a new UN journal focusing on international, … Continue reading
Earthscan has published a number of titles that may be of interest to members. These include: Ecological Economics by Peter SÖderbaum and Biodiversity and Ecological Economics Participation, Values and Resource Management by Luca Tacconi.
Edward Elgar publishers have an outstanding list of book on ecological economics and related topics.
RFF Press publishes books that present a broad range of approaches to the study of natural resources and the environment.
John Wiley & Sons have recently published a major reference work that may be of interest to ISEE members. The Encyclopaedia of Environmetrics is a four volume publication dedicated to quantitative methods in the environmental sciences.