- New Climate Ethics & Climate Economics CfP February 17, 2017CfP: Climate Ethics and Climate Economics–Risk, Uncertainty and Catastrophe Scenarios May 9th & 10th, University of Cambridge Scholars have warned that there is an uncertain chance of runaway climate change that could devastate the planet. At least since Hans Jonas’s … Continue reading →
- Two-year postdoc position on “Understanding societal views on carbon pricing” February 8, 2017The project: The project aims to improve our understanding of what explains public preferences for carbon pricing (CP). Many experts regard CP as crucial to stop climate change, while others are strongly opposed to it. The core questions of the … Continue reading →
- Three fully-funded 3.5 years Leverhulme PhDs are available to UK/EU candidates February 7, 2017Living Well Within Limits [LiLi] Contact: Dr Julia Steinberger, j.k.steinberger(at)leeds.ac.uk Sustainability Research Institute, School of Earth & Environment, University of Leeds. Three fully-funded 3.5 years Leverhulme PhDs are available to UK/EU candidates only. The funding will included tuition fees, tax-free … Continue reading →
- Congratulations to James Boyce and Joan Martinez-Alier February 7, 20172017 Leontief Prize Winners: James Boyce and Joan Martinez-Alier Awardees to lecture on the theme: “Economics, Equity, and the Environment” March 28, 2017 Coolidge Room, Ballou Hall 2nd floor, Tufts University, Medford, MA GDAE will award its 2017 Leontief Prize … Continue reading →
- Call for the 7th Thematic Workshop FAERE February 7, 2017The Xth thematic workshop of FAERE (http://faere.fr/fr/) will be hosted by the AMURE research unit (http://www.umr-amure.fr/) at the Institut Universitaire Européen de la Mer (https://www-iuem.univbrest. fr/en), Plouzané, France, on May 11-12th, 2017. The workshop will focus on the practical aspects of using … Continue reading →
- How to Write an Effective Referee Report and Improve the Scientific Review Process February 1, 2017The Journal of Economic Literature has just published a very interesting article on peer review: How to Write an Effective Referee Report and Improve the Scientific Review Process Jonathan B. Berk, Campbell R. Harvey and David Hirshleifer Full-Text Access (Complimentary)
- Postdoctoral Fellow, Basque Centre for Climate Change (BC3) February 1, 2017RENEWABLE ENERGY ECONOMICS AND POLICY IN SPAIN AND EUROPE Job description: The Basque Centre for Climate Change (BC3) opens a competitive call for applications for a Postdoctoral contract associated to the H2020 Transrisk (Transitions pathways and risk analysis for climate … Continue reading →
- Deadline Extended for USSEE Abstracts! February 1, 2017Ecological Economics: From Theory to Practice USSEE 9th Biennial Conference: June 25-28, 2017 Final Deadline for Abstracts is February 20! We are re-opening our call for abstracts to the 9th biennial conference of the U.S. Society for Ecological Economics in … Continue reading →
- ACES Meet our Moderators and Keynote Speakers January 18, 2017Oceania Ecosystem Services Forum Brisbane, Australia: 27th – 31st March 2017 Are you a decision maker or do you have knowledge on ecosystem services in human managed or natural ecosystems, in terrestrial, aquatic, coastal and marine ecosystems? The Forum aims to bring the … Continue reading →
- Vernon Press – Call for Reviewers January 17, 2017Call for Reviewers Do you enjoy reading books in economics, social science, humanities? Join our community of book reviewers! To join you must be an expert in one of the areas we publish (https://vernonpress.com/) and be prepared to review at … Continue reading →
- New Climate Ethics & Climate Economics CfP February 17, 2017
Category Archives: Publishers
The Journal of Business Ethics, a journal in on the Financial Times (FT 45) list for the ranking of research in business schools, has invited Julie Nelson to be the inaugural editor of a new Section on “Business Ethics and Economics.” This section invites … Continue reading
Call for book or chapter proposals: Vernon Press launches a series in “Economic Methodology” Vernon Press invites book proposals on economic methods, broadly construed. All economics-based schools of thought are encouraged to submit. Other disciplines are encouraged to submit, as … Continue reading
Edited by Joan Martínez-Alier, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Spain and Roldan Muradian, Universidade Federal Fluminense, Brazil ‘This volume is a much-needed addition to the literature on ecological economics. The essays in this volume represent a return to the basic ontological … Continue reading
Economics, Econometrics and Finance Ecological EconomicsJanuary to December 2014 full year 1. A typology for the classification, description and valuation of ecosystem functions, goods and services • ArticleEcological Economics, Volume 41, Issue 3, Pages 393-408de Groot, Rudolf S; Wilson, Matthew … Continue reading
CROP in cooperation with Zed Books, requests entries for the CROP International Studies in Poverty Prize 2014. Deadline: August 31, 2014 We seek original, high-quality, alternative and critical academic manuscripts. Works challenging the dominant thinking and knowledge about poverty and … Continue reading
Elsevier has an excellent list of book on environmental topics, including environmental economics.
Blackwell Publishing has a number of journals and books on environmental and resource economics. They are currently offering, for a limited time only, free online access for 60 days to Natural Resources Forum, a new UN journal focusing on international, … Continue reading
Earthscan has published a number of titles that may be of interest to members. These include: Ecological Economics by Peter SÖderbaum and Biodiversity and Ecological Economics Participation, Values and Resource Management by Luca Tacconi.
Edward Elgar publishers have an outstanding list of book on ecological economics and related topics.
RFF Press publishes books that present a broad range of approaches to the study of natural resources and the environment.
John Wiley & Sons have recently published a major reference work that may be of interest to ISEE members. The Encyclopaedia of Environmetrics is a four volume publication dedicated to quantitative methods in the environmental sciences.