- Call for inputs by the Standing Committee on Finance June 26, 2020Call for inputs by the Standing Committee on Finance relating to the organization of its next Forum The Conference of the Parties (COP) at its seventeenth session mandated the Standing Committee on Finance (SCF) to organize a Forum for communication … Continue reading → The post Call for inputs by the Standing Committee on Finance […]
- 2020 Human Development Report June 16, 202017 June UNDP-UNEP, New York High-level Dialogue on the 2020 Human Development Report PEOPLE AND THE PLANET: The Future of Development in a Post-COVID-19 World WEDNESDAY, 17 JUNE 2020; 3:30 p.m. CET / 9:30 am EDT Register to Join the … Continue reading → The post 2020 Human Development Report appeared first on The International […]
- Life Beyond Capital June 3, 2020Prof John O’Neill, University of Manchester CUSP essay series on the Morality of Sustainable Prosperity | No 6 This essay forms part of a series within the work programme of the Centre for the Understanding of Sustainable Prosperity, investigating the philosophical … Continue reading → The post Life Beyond Capital appeared first on The International Society […]
- What is Lost Through No Net Loss June 3, 2020John O’Neill Philosophy, School of Social Sciences, Humanities Bridgeford Street Building, University of Manchester, Manchester M13 9PL, UK (Received 26 October 2017; revised 08 June 2019; accepted 22 July 2019) Abstract No net loss approaches to environmental policy claim that … Continue reading → The post What is Lost Through No Net Loss appeared first […]
- University Teacher in Ecological Economics June 3, 2020Applications are invited for a 12-month fixed-term, full-time University Teacher in the area of ecological and environmental economics. The successful candidate will be required to teach compulsory courses on climate change economics to student cohorts at postgraduate taught (MSc) level. … Continue reading → The post University Teacher in Ecological Economics appeared first on The […]
- USSEE Newsletter June 2020 Job Opportunities June 1, 2020The U.S. Forest Service’s Pacific Northwest Research Station is seeking to hire a Research Economist with a duty station in Portland Oregon in the near future. The entry-level of this Research Economist is GS-110-12. A Ph.D. in Environmental Economics, Natural Resource … Continue reading → The post USSEE Newsletter June 2020 Job Opportunities appeared first on […]
- ESA 2020 Virtual Annual Meeting June 1, 20202020 ESA Annual Meeting Harnessing the Ecological Data Revolution From August 3-6, ESA will virtually host the Annual Meeting for ecologists from around the world. This is an opportunity to join your colleagues and leaders from various fields for four … Continue reading → The post ESA 2020 Virtual Annual Meeting appeared first on The […]
- USSEE 2020 Board Elections Open June 1, 2020USSEE 2020 Board Elections Open Voting is now open for 5 available USSEE board positions. All active USSEE members should have received an email yesterday with voting information. You can read about the candidates and cast your vote visit our website … Continue reading → The post USSEE 2020 Board Elections Open appeared first on The […]
- Urban Economics Association’s Weekly Summer Online Lecture Series June 1, 2020Urban Economics Association’s Weekly Summer Online Lecture Series This June and July, the Urban Economics Association is organizing a weekly online lecture series on urban economics. The purpose of these lectures is to provide Ph.D. students, post-docs, and junior faculty … Continue reading → The post Urban Economics Association’s Weekly Summer Online Lecture Series appeared […]
- USSEE Round Table Discussion: Beyond GDP: Measuring Genuine Progress June 1, 2020USSEE Round Table Discussion: Beyond GDP: Measuring Genuine Progress Wednesday, June 3rd, 3 pm EDT. To register, visit https://www.eventbrite.com/e/ussee-panel-discussion-beyond-… About this Event: Genuine Progress Indicator (GPI) is a metric designed to take fuller account of the well-being of a nation, … Continue reading → The post USSEE Round Table Discussion: Beyond GDP: Measuring Genuine Progress […]
- Call for inputs by the Standing Committee on Finance June 26, 2020
Category Archives: Publishers
Environmental Values Latest issue now online: Vol.28, No.1, February 2019 Perspectives on Ecological Democracy Editorial: Reconciling Ecological and Democratic Values: Recent Perspectives on Ecological Democracy. David Schlosberg, Karin Bäckstrand and Jonathan Pickering Decolonising Dignity for Inclusive Democracy. Christine J. Winter … Continue reading
50 Days’ free access to Legal Institutions and Ecological Economics: Their Common Contribution for Achieving a Sustainable Development (Volker Mauerhofer) is now available online, containing full bibliographic details. Access is Closed
The Journal of Business Ethics, a journal in on the Financial Times (FT 45) list for the ranking of research in business schools, has invited Julie Nelson to be the inaugural editor of a new Section on “Business Ethics and Economics.” This section invites … Continue reading
Call for book or chapter proposals: Vernon Press launches a series in “Economic Methodology” Vernon Press invites book proposals on economic methods, broadly construed. All economics-based schools of thought are encouraged to submit. Other disciplines are encouraged to submit, as … Continue reading
Edited by Joan Martínez-Alier, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Spain and Roldan Muradian, Universidade Federal Fluminense, Brazil ‘This volume is a much-needed addition to the literature on ecological economics. The essays in this volume represent a return to the basic ontological … Continue reading
Elsevier has an excellent list of book on environmental topics, including environmental economics.
Blackwell Publishing has a number of journals and books on environmental and resource economics. They are currently offering, for a limited time only, free online access for 60 days to Natural Resources Forum, a new UN journal focusing on international, … Continue reading
Earthscan has published a number of titles that may be of interest to members. These include: Ecological Economics by Peter SÖderbaum and Biodiversity and Ecological Economics Participation, Values and Resource Management by Luca Tacconi.
Edward Elgar publishers have an outstanding list of book on ecological economics and related topics.
RFF Press publishes books that present a broad range of approaches to the study of natural resources and the environment.
John Wiley & Sons have recently published a major reference work that may be of interest to ISEE members. The Encyclopaedia of Environmetrics is a four volume publication dedicated to quantitative methods in the environmental sciences.