- ISC Elections Committee Deadline: 20 December 2017 December 11, 2017The new Governing Board of the International Science Council (ISC) will be elected during the founding General Assembly in July 2018. According to the new Council’s Statutes and Rules of Procedure, as discussed and agreed during the October 2017 meeting … Continue reading →
- Gund Institute Seeks Postdocs December 6, 2017POSTDOCTORAL ASSOCIATE GUND INSTITUTE, THE UNIVERSITY OF VERMONT The Gund Institute for Environment at the University of Vermont (UVM) is recruiting Postdoctoral Associates for Fall 2018 to conduct research on major global environmental challenges. We seek exceptional early-career scholars committed … Continue reading →
- Final Deadline for the 24th ISDRS Conference December 6, 2017Final deadline for abstracts submission to the 24th International Sustainable Development Research Society Conference ACTION FOR A SUSTAINABLE WORLD: FROM THEORY TO PRACTICE http://www.isdrsconference.org/ Abstract submission for the 24th International Sustainable Development Research Society Conference ACTION FOR A SUSTAINABLE WORLD: … Continue reading →
- Junior Professorship (W1) “Transformation towards Sustainable Energy Systems” with Tenure Track November 30, 2017Sciences and Geography. This professorship is particularly suitable for highly qualified early career researchers. The professorship should develop and refine instruments of environmental regulation which are necessary for the transformation towards sustainable energy systems and investigate policy formulation and operational … Continue reading →
- Without Limits to Love by Clovis Cavalcanti November 30, 2017
- Online SDG Academy Course November 29, 2017Peter May shares with you the preview of the online SDG Academy course entitled “From the Ground Up: Protecting and Managing our Terrestrial Ecosystems“ on biodiversity, land use and forests in which I have participated as a lecturer on the … Continue reading →
- Join NCSE on Thursday 11/30 for a Webinar on the 4th National Climate Assessment and Outcomes from COP 23 November 28, 2017Upcoming Webinar Climate Science, Impacts, and Policy Today: the 4th National Climate Assessment and Outcomes from the United Nations Climate Change Conference in Bonn – COP 23 Thursday, November 30, 2017 1:15 – 2:45 p.m. Eastern Time Register Today November … Continue reading →
- Call for Volunteer Chapter Scientists November 24, 2017IPCC Special Report on Climate Change and Land (SRCCL) The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) is in the process of developing a Special Report on Climate Change and Land (SRCCL), which is scheduled for completion in August 2019. More information about … Continue reading →
- A Dam-Building Boom is Transforming the Brazilian Amazon November 24, 2017Philip Fearnside is one of the greatest authorities in the world of environmental knowledge about the Amazon. He is a member of the International Society for Ecological Economics (ISEE). Brazil is in the midst of a dam-building spree in the … Continue reading →
- Radical Ecological Economics November 24, 2017In Radical Ecological Economics author David Barkin describes how Communities are realizing that they can be better off by taking control over their territories and organizing themselves collectively to assure the production of their needs and the conservation of their environments through direct … Continue reading →
- ISC Elections Committee Deadline: 20 December 2017 December 11, 2017
Category Archives: Publishers
The Journal of Business Ethics, a journal in on the Financial Times (FT 45) list for the ranking of research in business schools, has invited Julie Nelson to be the inaugural editor of a new Section on “Business Ethics and Economics.” This section invites … Continue reading
Call for book or chapter proposals: Vernon Press launches a series in “Economic Methodology” Vernon Press invites book proposals on economic methods, broadly construed. All economics-based schools of thought are encouraged to submit. Other disciplines are encouraged to submit, as … Continue reading
Edited by Joan Martínez-Alier, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Spain and Roldan Muradian, Universidade Federal Fluminense, Brazil ‘This volume is a much-needed addition to the literature on ecological economics. The essays in this volume represent a return to the basic ontological … Continue reading
Economics, Econometrics and Finance Ecological EconomicsJanuary to December 2014 full year 1. A typology for the classification, description and valuation of ecosystem functions, goods and services • ArticleEcological Economics, Volume 41, Issue 3, Pages 393-408de Groot, Rudolf S; Wilson, Matthew … Continue reading
CROP in cooperation with Zed Books, requests entries for the CROP International Studies in Poverty Prize 2014. Deadline: August 31, 2014 We seek original, high-quality, alternative and critical academic manuscripts. Works challenging the dominant thinking and knowledge about poverty and … Continue reading
Elsevier has an excellent list of book on environmental topics, including environmental economics.
Blackwell Publishing has a number of journals and books on environmental and resource economics. They are currently offering, for a limited time only, free online access for 60 days to Natural Resources Forum, a new UN journal focusing on international, … Continue reading
Earthscan has published a number of titles that may be of interest to members. These include: Ecological Economics by Peter SÖderbaum and Biodiversity and Ecological Economics Participation, Values and Resource Management by Luca Tacconi.
Edward Elgar publishers have an outstanding list of book on ecological economics and related topics.
RFF Press publishes books that present a broad range of approaches to the study of natural resources and the environment.
John Wiley & Sons have recently published a major reference work that may be of interest to ISEE members. The Encyclopaedia of Environmetrics is a four volume publication dedicated to quantitative methods in the environmental sciences.