- PhD student Environmental Economics May 25, 2016Background The research group Environmental Economics focuses on research towards sustainable behavior and technologies. Environmental issues are analyzed by extending neoclassical economic tools and principles by using and developing interdisciplinary research methods for ecosystem services, sector evolutions and sustainability analysis … Continue reading →
- ISEE2016 Conference Schedule May 24, 2016Updated: 25 May 2016 26 June 2016 2:00-7:00 P.M. – Registration Opens 2:00-5:00 P.M. – DC Area Field Trips* 3:00-5:00 P.M. – ISEE Board Meeting, Sabine O’Hara, Chair 5:00-7:00 P.M. – Regional Societies Meetings SMEE – Bernardo Aguilar-González, Mezo A.m.erica … Continue reading →
- Environmental Values Vol. 25 May 19, 2016Vol. 25, No.1, February 2016 Editorial: The Ethics of Engineering the Climate. Christian Baatz, Clare Heyward and Harald Stelzer The New Prometheans: Technological Optimism in Climate Change Mitigation Modelling. Michael Keary Can We Have It Both Ways? On Potential Trade-Offs Between … Continue reading →
- Faculity Positions Available in Atree, Bangalore May 9, 2016FACULTY POSITIONS IN ATREE, BANGALORE Ashoka Trust for Research in Ecology and the Environment (ATREE), an applied environmental research institute in Bangalore, invites applications for endowed faculty positions in its research programmes on Climate Change Mitigation and Development: PhD plus 2 … Continue reading →
- SSHRC Tier II Canada Research Chair May 9, 2016SSHRC TIER II CANADA RESEARCH CHAIR: ECONOMY AND ENVIRONMENT School of Environmental Studies & Department of Global Development Studies Queen’s University, Kingston, Ontario, Canada The School of Environmental Studies and the Department of Global Development Studies in the Faculty of … Continue reading →
- Research associate (100%) in natural resource governance, agri-environmental policy analysis and commons research May 5, 2016Research associate (100%) in natural resource governance, agri-environmental policy analysis and commons research Ref. No 5-3414/16-H The Professorship of Agricultural, Environmental and Food Policy with a focus on Governance and Natural Resources (Prof. Insa Theesfeld) at the Martin Luther University … Continue reading →
- 5th International EcoSummit Early Registration 29 April 2016 April 27, 2016EcoSummit 2016 Ecological Sustainability: Engineering Change 29 August – 1 September 2016 | Le Corum, Montpellier, France Early registration deadline is 29 April 2016. Side events will also take place during EcoSummit 2016. These smaller events will comprise workshops, training … Continue reading →
- COSMEE 2016 Call for Abstracts April 27, 2016III Congreso de la Sociedad Mesoamericana de Economía Ecológica 14 al 19 de Noviembre de 2016 Universidad de Puerto Rico, Mayagüez Call for Abstracts Extended deadline: May 20, 2016 The official language of COSMEE 2016 is Spanish. However, each scientific … Continue reading →
- 2nd Latin American Conference on Environmental Conflicts (COLCA) April 27, 20162nd Latin American Conference on Environmental Conflicts (COLCA) Imagining and Understanding – Challenges for Sustainable Latin American Societies September 12-16, 2016 San José, Costa Rica Following up on the success of the first COLCA in Argentina (2014) which summoned over … Continue reading →
- Associate Director (Senior Economist, Climate and Environmental Finance) April 26, 2016Role Overview The Economics, Policy and Governance (EPG) Department consists of a team of around 50 economists, political counsellors, analysts and support staff, organised in three main pillars: Sector Economics and Policy (SE&P); Country Economics & Policy (CE&P) and Governance … Continue reading →
- PhD student Environmental Economics May 25, 2016
Category Archives: Publishers
Call for book or chapter proposals: Vernon Press launches a series in “Economic Methodology” Vernon Press invites book proposals on economic methods, broadly construed. All economics-based schools of thought are encouraged to submit. Other disciplines are encouraged to submit, as … Continue reading
Edited by Joan Martínez-Alier, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Spain and Roldan Muradian, Universidade Federal Fluminense, Brazil ‘This volume is a much-needed addition to the literature on ecological economics. The essays in this volume represent a return to the basic ontological … Continue reading
Economics, Econometrics and Finance Ecological EconomicsJanuary to December 2014 full year 1. A typology for the classification, description and valuation of ecosystem functions, goods and services • ArticleEcological Economics, Volume 41, Issue 3, Pages 393-408de Groot, Rudolf S; Wilson, Matthew … Continue reading
CROP in cooperation with Zed Books, requests entries for the CROP International Studies in Poverty Prize 2014. Deadline: August 31, 2014 We seek original, high-quality, alternative and critical academic manuscripts. Works challenging the dominant thinking and knowledge about poverty and … Continue reading
Elsevier has an excellent list of book on environmental topics, including environmental economics.
Blackwell Publishing has a number of journals and books on environmental and resource economics. They are currently offering, for a limited time only, free online access for 60 days to Natural Resources Forum, a new UN journal focusing on international, … Continue reading
Earthscan has published a number of titles that may be of interest to members. These include: Ecological Economics by Peter SÖderbaum and Biodiversity and Ecological Economics Participation, Values and Resource Management by Luca Tacconi.
Edward Elgar publishers have an outstanding list of book on ecological economics and related topics.
RFF Press publishes books that present a broad range of approaches to the study of natural resources and the environment.
John Wiley & Sons have recently published a major reference work that may be of interest to ISEE members. The Encyclopaedia of Environmetrics is a four volume publication dedicated to quantitative methods in the environmental sciences.