- Science Direct | Top 25 Hottest Articles February 9, 2016Economics, Econometrics and Finance Ecological Economics October to December 2015 Update on the environmental and economic costs associated with alien-invasive species in the United States Article Ecological Economics, Volume 52, Issue 3, Pages 273-288 Pimentel, David; Zuniga, Rodolfo; Morrison, Doug A … Continue reading →
- Vienna Doctoral Programme on Water Resource Systems February 5, 2016Vienna University of Technology Vienna Doctoral Programme on Water Resource Systems The Centre for Water Resource Systems at the Vienna University of Technology announces competition for the third intake of doctoral candidates for the Doctoral Programme on Water Resource Systems. … Continue reading →
- Newsflash: Archbishop Tuto Endorses Three Nobel Peace Prize 2016 Nominations February 1, 201631 January 2016 Statement from the Reverend Canon Mpho Tutu, Executive Director of the Desmond & Leah Tutu Legacy Foundation ARCHBISHOP TUTU ENDORSES THREE NOBEL PEACE PRIZE 2016 NOMINATIONS Archbishop Emeritus Desmond Tutu has endorsed three competing but complementary nominations … Continue reading →
- Efficiency Without Sacrifice February 1, 2016Climate Ethics and Climate Economics: ‘Efficiency Without Sacrifice’: A Novel Way to Fund Mitigation? The second of six ESRC-funded workshops exploring issues where the ethics and economics of climate change intersect will be held at the University of Nottingham on … Continue reading →
- 2016 International Society for Ecological Economics Board Election Results January 29, 2016Voting for the 2016 board elections closed on January 20, 2016. We thank all who agreed to run for the ISEE Election. The results were very close indeed, particularly for President-Elect, with only one vote between Clovis Cavalcanti and David … Continue reading →
- Research Position The Water Institute of the Gulf for Environmental Economist January 26, 2016Background The Water Institute of the Gulf is a not-for-profit, independent applied research institute based in Baton Rouge, Louisiana dedicated to providing advanced understanding and technical expertise to support management of coastal, deltaic and water systems, within Louisiana, the Gulf … Continue reading →
- PhD Studentship: Spatial Analysis of Low Carbon Innovations January 26, 2016Exciting PhD opportunity to work on the diffusion of low carbon innovations as part of a 4-year ERC-funded project at the Tyndall Centre for Climate Change Research, University of East Anglia. Application deadline is mid-Feb 2016. Start date is Oct 2016 … Continue reading →
- Degrowth Conference Budapest 2016 January 25, 2016Walking the Meaningful Great Transformations? 30 August – 3 September 2016 Call for Individual Papers Open 29 February 2016 The call will close on 29th of February 2016. Please note that the deadline will not be extended. The call for … Continue reading →
- Professor in Environmental Social Science January 15, 2016Type of employment: Permanent post Extent: 100 % Location: School of Global Studies, Gothenburg First day of employment: By agreement Reference number: PER 2015/401 The School of Global Studies (SGS) at the University of Gothenburg is an interdisciplinary department, with … Continue reading →
- Holiday Gift to Humanity December 28, 2015Holiday Gift to Humanity by Stuart Scott, Founder & Director of Strategic Planning United Planet Faith & Science Initative At this holiday season of gifts and resolutions for the future, we would like to make the following suggestion… give a … Continue reading →
- Science Direct | Top 25 Hottest Articles February 9, 2016
Category Archives: Publishers
Edited by Joan Martínez-Alier, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Spain and Roldan Muradian, Universidade Federal Fluminense, Brazil ‘This volume is a much-needed addition to the literature on ecological economics. The essays in this volume represent a return to the basic ontological … Continue reading
Economics, Econometrics and Finance Ecological EconomicsJanuary to December 2014 full year 1. A typology for the classification, description and valuation of ecosystem functions, goods and services • ArticleEcological Economics, Volume 41, Issue 3, Pages 393-408de Groot, Rudolf S; Wilson, Matthew … Continue reading
CROP in cooperation with Zed Books, requests entries for the CROP International Studies in Poverty Prize 2014. Deadline: August 31, 2014 We seek original, high-quality, alternative and critical academic manuscripts. Works challenging the dominant thinking and knowledge about poverty and … Continue reading
Elsevier has an excellent list of book on environmental topics, including environmental economics.
Blackwell Publishing has a number of journals and books on environmental and resource economics. They are currently offering, for a limited time only, free online access for 60 days to Natural Resources Forum, a new UN journal focusing on international, … Continue reading
Earthscan has published a number of titles that may be of interest to members. These include: Ecological Economics by Peter SÖderbaum and Biodiversity and Ecological Economics Participation, Values and Resource Management by Luca Tacconi.
Edward Elgar publishers have an outstanding list of book on ecological economics and related topics.
RFF Press publishes books that present a broad range of approaches to the study of natural resources and the environment.
John Wiley & Sons have recently published a major reference work that may be of interest to ISEE members. The Encyclopaedia of Environmetrics is a four volume publication dedicated to quantitative methods in the environmental sciences.