- USSEE March Newsletter March 30, 2020On behalf of the USSEE Board of Directors and staff, I would like to extend my best wishes to you all as you adapt to these unprecedented global challenges related to the COVID-19 pandemic. I realize that many of you … Continue reading → The post USSEE March Newsletter appeared first on The International Society […]
- Live Chat with Herman Daly and Kate Raworth March 30, 2020Herman Daly and Kate Raworth on Pandemic-Resistant Economies Tuesday, March 31 at 12 Noon Eastern As a follow-up to last Friday’s “After the Pandemic” webinar (available here on YouTube if you missed it), Andy Revkin is hosting a live chat TOMORROW with Herman Daly and Kate Raworth on … Continue reading → The post Live Chat with Herman Daly and Kate Raworth appeared […]
- E4A Webinar March 24 at Noon March 24, 2020“Anthropocene to the Ecozoic” Webinar on Wednesday, March 25 at 12 noon EDT This Wednesday at 12 noon EDT is the next webinar in our series “From the Anthropocene to the Ecozoic”. The last Wednesday of every month we’ll be highlighting … Continue reading → The post E4A Webinar March 24 at Noon appeared first on […]
- The Economics of Infectious Disease March 23, 2020Recent Papers Perrings, C., Levin, S. & Daszak, P. (2018) The Economics of Infectious Disease, Trade and Pandemic Risk. EcoHealth, 1-3. Shanafelt, D., Jones, G., Lima, M., Perrings, C. & Chowell, G. (2018) Forecasting the 2001 foot-and-mouth disease epidemic in the United Kingdom. Ecohealth, 1-10. Morin, … Continue reading → The post The Economics of Infectious Disease appeared first on The […]
- Research Fellow in Energy and Macroeconomics, University of Leeds March 4, 20202-year post-doc: Research Fellow in Energy and Macroeconomics, University of Leeds £33,797 to £36,914 p.a http://jobs.leeds.ac.uk/ENVEE1390 Would you like to further your career by applying your quantitative energy and economic skills at one of the UK’s leading research-intensive Universities? Do … Continue reading → The post Research Fellow in Energy and Macroeconomics, University of Leeds […]
- Virtual conference CFP “Extraction: Tracing the Veins” February 27, 2020Virtual conference CFP “Extraction: Tracing the Veins” Abstracts for our virtual conference Extraction: Tracing the Veins are due March 6th. EXTRACTION: TRACING THE VEINS A nearly carbon-neutral conference Massey University, New Zealand and Wageningen University and Research, The Netherlands June … Continue reading → The post Virtual conference CFP “Extraction: Tracing the Veins” appeared first […]
- Demos Helsinki is Growing and Needs Two Research Area Leads February 21, 2020Demos Helsinki Looking for two new research area leads More Information Demos Helsinki is an independent think tank set up in 2005. We want to affect the ongoing global transformations actively and build sustainable and fair post-industrial societies. We aim … Continue reading → The post Demos Helsinki is Growing and Needs Two Research Area […]
- Call for 2022 and 2024 ISEE Conference Organizers February 12, 2020Call for future ISEE Conference Organizers ISEE holds its conference biennially. These conferences normally attract 500-900 social and natural scientists. For 2022 and 2024 we are now looking for individuals/groups who might be interested in applying for organizing a conference. … Continue reading → The post Call for 2022 and 2024 ISEE Conference Organizers appeared […]
- Social-Ecological Economics AFEP Conference February 11, 2020Social-Ecological Economics AFEP Conference On July 1-3 the French Association for Political Economy (AFEP) will hold its annual conference in Toulouse. English contributions are very welcome as well as contributions from fellow social sciences. There will be sessions on Social-Ecological … Continue reading → The post Social-Ecological Economics AFEP Conference appeared first on The International […]
- EwS 2020 February 10, 2020EwS 2020 The second international ‘Education with Sustainability’ Conference 13th & 14th August 2020 Mid Sweden University, Östersund, Sweden Jointly hosted by Mid Sweden University, Sweden, and Sustainability (CERIS) Research Centre at IT Sligo, Ireland. EwS2020 will draw together educators … Continue reading → The post EwS 2020 appeared first on The International Society for […]
- USSEE March Newsletter March 30, 2020
Category Archives: Publishers
Environmental Values Latest issue now online: Vol.28, No.1, February 2019 Perspectives on Ecological Democracy Editorial: Reconciling Ecological and Democratic Values: Recent Perspectives on Ecological Democracy. David Schlosberg, Karin Bäckstrand and Jonathan Pickering Decolonising Dignity for Inclusive Democracy. Christine J. Winter … Continue reading
50 Days’ free access to Legal Institutions and Ecological Economics: Their Common Contribution for Achieving a Sustainable Development (Volker Mauerhofer) is now available online, containing full bibliographic details. Access is Closed
The Journal of Business Ethics, a journal in on the Financial Times (FT 45) list for the ranking of research in business schools, has invited Julie Nelson to be the inaugural editor of a new Section on “Business Ethics and Economics.” This section invites … Continue reading
Call for book or chapter proposals: Vernon Press launches a series in “Economic Methodology” Vernon Press invites book proposals on economic methods, broadly construed. All economics-based schools of thought are encouraged to submit. Other disciplines are encouraged to submit, as … Continue reading
Edited by Joan Martínez-Alier, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Spain and Roldan Muradian, Universidade Federal Fluminense, Brazil ‘This volume is a much-needed addition to the literature on ecological economics. The essays in this volume represent a return to the basic ontological … Continue reading
Elsevier has an excellent list of book on environmental topics, including environmental economics.
Blackwell Publishing has a number of journals and books on environmental and resource economics. They are currently offering, for a limited time only, free online access for 60 days to Natural Resources Forum, a new UN journal focusing on international, … Continue reading
Earthscan has published a number of titles that may be of interest to members. These include: Ecological Economics by Peter SÖderbaum and Biodiversity and Ecological Economics Participation, Values and Resource Management by Luca Tacconi.
Edward Elgar publishers have an outstanding list of book on ecological economics and related topics.
RFF Press publishes books that present a broad range of approaches to the study of natural resources and the environment.
John Wiley & Sons have recently published a major reference work that may be of interest to ISEE members. The Encyclopaedia of Environmetrics is a four volume publication dedicated to quantitative methods in the environmental sciences.