- Oxford Summer School in Ecological Economics 2018 May 21, 2018St. Hilda College 19-25 August Green Economy for Smart and Sustainable Cities: Economics, Ecosystems and Policy The School will address key elements of the new economy transformation with a particular focus on smart and sustainable cities, exploring the cutting edge … Continue reading →
- ICTA-R&D Master in Political Ecology: Pre-registrations now open! May 11, 2018ICTA-R&D Master in Political Ecology: Pre-registrations now open! We are now ready to start the pre-registration process for the master in Political Ecology with specialization in Degrowth and Environmental Justice! While we are waiting for our University administration to deal with the … Continue reading →
- Hans Carl von Carlowitz Junior Professorship (W1) in Sustainability Assessment and Policy May 8, 2018Hans Carl von Carlowitz Junior Professorship (W1) in Sustainability Assessment and Policy The Faculty of Environmental Sciences at the TU Dresden, Germany, invites for the PRISMA – Centre for Sustainability Assessment and Policy (www.tu-dresden.de/prisma) applications for the position of Hans … Continue reading →
- Announcement & Call for Papers: 20th Annual BIOECON Conference May 7, 2018Announcement & Call for Papers XX ANNUAL BIOECON CONFERENCE ON: “Land-use, Agriculture and Biodiversity: Spatial and Temporal Issues” 12th -14th September 2018 King’s College, Cambridge United Kingdom Keynote Speakers: Professor Douglas Gollin, University of Oxford, UK Professor Paul Ferraro, Johns Hopkins … Continue reading →
- New Climate Ethics & Climate Economics CfP May 7, 2018Climate Ethics and Climate Economics: Discounting the future—what have we learned? The last of in a series of six ESRC-funded workshops exploring the issues where the ethics and economics of climate change intersect will take place from 13-15 June at the University of … Continue reading →
- Post-Growth 2018 Conference Call for Papers April 30, 2018Call for papers and participation the Institutionalisation of Degrowth & Post-growth: the European level Brussels, September 17th (2018) Context A major degrowth & post-growth conference (http://www.postgrowth2018.eu) convened by European-level stakeholders (Members of the European Parliament from different political groups, academics, NGOs and … Continue reading →
- ECONOMICS FOR THE ECOZOIC: An online student symposium April 30, 2018ECONOMICS FOR THE ECOZOIC: An online student symposium Gund Institute for Environment, University of Vermont Wednesday, May 2nd, 2018 1:00 – 5:00 pm EST Zoom Link Ecological economics is part of an on-going effort to reconcile economic theory and policy … Continue reading →
- Extension of Abstract Submission Deadline for ISEE 2018 April 16, 2018ABSTRACT SUBMISSION FINAL DEADLINE extended to APRIL 30, 2018 15th Congress of the International Society for Ecological Economics ISEE 2018 10, 11 and 12 September 2018, in the city of Puebla, Mexico A bi-lingual congress Ecological Economics and Socio-ecological Movements: … Continue reading →
- 2018 COP-24, UN Climate Negotiations April 9, 2018Find out more about the ISEE Call for Participation at the 2018 UN Climate Negotiations, COP-24. Your participation is needed in order to make this a success! If you are interested in attending the climate talks to represent the ISEE … Continue reading →
- Submissions April 9, 2018Submissions for proposals. Please apply online from January 15th until April 15th, 2018. Registration and submission of abstracts (in PDF); no more than 250 words including: Full name(s), paper title, general theme, objective(s), methods and results. Abstracts can be submitted … Continue reading →
- Oxford Summer School in Ecological Economics 2018 May 21, 2018
Category Archives: Publishers
The Journal of Business Ethics, a journal in on the Financial Times (FT 45) list for the ranking of research in business schools, has invited Julie Nelson to be the inaugural editor of a new Section on “Business Ethics and Economics.” This section invites … Continue reading
Call for book or chapter proposals: Vernon Press launches a series in “Economic Methodology” Vernon Press invites book proposals on economic methods, broadly construed. All economics-based schools of thought are encouraged to submit. Other disciplines are encouraged to submit, as … Continue reading
Edited by Joan Martínez-Alier, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Spain and Roldan Muradian, Universidade Federal Fluminense, Brazil ‘This volume is a much-needed addition to the literature on ecological economics. The essays in this volume represent a return to the basic ontological … Continue reading
CROP in cooperation with Zed Books, requests entries for the CROP International Studies in Poverty Prize 2014. Deadline: August 31, 2014 We seek original, high-quality, alternative and critical academic manuscripts. Works challenging the dominant thinking and knowledge about poverty and … Continue reading
Elsevier has an excellent list of book on environmental topics, including environmental economics.
Blackwell Publishing has a number of journals and books on environmental and resource economics. They are currently offering, for a limited time only, free online access for 60 days to Natural Resources Forum, a new UN journal focusing on international, … Continue reading
Earthscan has published a number of titles that may be of interest to members. These include: Ecological Economics by Peter SÖderbaum and Biodiversity and Ecological Economics Participation, Values and Resource Management by Luca Tacconi.
Edward Elgar publishers have an outstanding list of book on ecological economics and related topics.
RFF Press publishes books that present a broad range of approaches to the study of natural resources and the environment.
John Wiley & Sons have recently published a major reference work that may be of interest to ISEE members. The Encyclopaedia of Environmetrics is a four volume publication dedicated to quantitative methods in the environmental sciences.