- Tenure-track, full-time faculty position in “Ecological and Environmental Economics” October 12, 2015Economics Department, College of Arts and Sciences, University of Redlands The Department of Economics of the College of Arts and Sciences of the University of Redlands invites applications for a full-time, tenure-track assistant professor position in Ecological and Environmental Economics, … Continue reading →
- Limits of Economic and Social Knowledge October 6, 2015Insightful new book by Stephen DeCanio Limits of Economic and Social Knowledge Stephen J. DeCanio It might seem that contemporary economic theory offers a scientific account of choice among alternatives. Yet this is only superficially the case; the behavior of … Continue reading →
- Ecological Economics at COP-21 October 6, 2015A Message from Stuart Scott Will you be going to COP-21 in Paris this year? Are you interested in going? Or do you simply live close enough to Paris to come for a day or two? I have been for … Continue reading →
- Extended Deadline for ISEE 2016 Session Proposals October 6, 2015DEADLINE FOR SESSION PROPOSALS EXTENDED TO OCTOBER 15! International Society of Ecological Economics (ISEE) 2016 Conference http://www.isee2016.com/ Transforming the Economy: Sustaining Food, Water, Energy and Justice Washington DC June 26 – 29, 2016
- Humboldt Institute Award for Climate Action to David Barkin October 5, 2015The Humboldt Institute is proud to announce that the Vice President of the Meso-American Society for Ecological Economics, SMEE, David Barkin, has been awarded the prestigious Humboldt Award for Climate and Ecological Action. See the link for details. (Spanish)
- Save the Date | 26-29 June 2016 | Transforming the Economy October 5, 2015The College of Agriculture, Urban Sustainability and Environmental Sciences of the University of the District of Columbia hosts ISEE2016 Transforming the Economy: Sustaining Food, Water, Energy and Justice June 26-29, 2016 Washington, DC Additional details at www.isee2016.com.
- Research Fellow in Systemic Approaches to Low Carbon Transitions October 1, 2015The Centre for Climate Change Economics and Policy (CCCEP), which brings together some of the world’s leading interdisciplinary researchers on climate change economics and policy, is funding this Research Fellow position at the University of Leeds. The research will undertake a systemic, co-evolutionary analysis … Continue reading →
- Oxford Forum for Sustainable Cities 2015 September 28, 201517 December – 21 December 2015 Oxford Forum for Sustainable Cities 2015 will be held at Balliol College, Oxford. Green Economy, Sustainable Urbanism and Policy This forum will explore the state of the art and policy applications in sustainable urban … Continue reading →
- ISEE 2018 Call for Location Proposals September 23, 2015Call for future ISEE Conference Organizers ISEE holds its conference biennially. These conferences normally attract 500-900 social and natural scientists. In 2010 we met in Oldenburgh, in 2012 in Rio de Janeiro, in 2014 in Iceland, and will meet in … Continue reading →
- CFP SCORAI 2016_Deadline Approaching September 21, 2015Second International Conference of the Sustainable Consumption Research and Action Initiative (SCORAI) “Transitions Beyond a Consumer Society” University of Maine, June 15–17, 2016 DEADLINE FOR ABSTRACT SUBMISSION SEPT 30TH The Sustainable Consumption Research and Action Initiative is holding its second … Continue reading →
- Tenure-track, full-time faculty position in “Ecological and Environmental Economics” October 12, 2015
Category Archives: Publishers
Edited by Joan Martínez-Alier, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Spain and Roldan Muradian, Universidade Federal Fluminense, Brazil ‘This volume is a much-needed addition to the literature on ecological economics. The essays in this volume represent a return to the basic ontological … Continue reading
Economics, Econometrics and Finance Ecological EconomicsJanuary to December 2014 full year 1. A typology for the classification, description and valuation of ecosystem functions, goods and services • ArticleEcological Economics, Volume 41, Issue 3, Pages 393-408de Groot, Rudolf S; Wilson, Matthew … Continue reading
CROP in cooperation with Zed Books, requests entries for the CROP International Studies in Poverty Prize 2014. Deadline: August 31, 2014 We seek original, high-quality, alternative and critical academic manuscripts. Works challenging the dominant thinking and knowledge about poverty and … Continue reading
Elsevier has an excellent list of book on environmental topics, including environmental economics.
Blackwell Publishing has a number of journals and books on environmental and resource economics. They are currently offering, for a limited time only, free online access for 60 days to Natural Resources Forum, a new UN journal focusing on international, … Continue reading
Earthscan has published a number of titles that may be of interest to members. These include: Ecological Economics by Peter SÖderbaum and Biodiversity and Ecological Economics Participation, Values and Resource Management by Luca Tacconi.
Edward Elgar publishers have an outstanding list of book on ecological economics and related topics.
RFF Press publishes books that present a broad range of approaches to the study of natural resources and the environment.
John Wiley & Sons have recently published a major reference work that may be of interest to ISEE members. The Encyclopaedia of Environmetrics is a four volume publication dedicated to quantitative methods in the environmental sciences.