- ICTA-R&D Master in Political Ecology, Degrowth and Env Justice: Inscriptions are now OPEN! Deadline: 29th of September July 10, 2018The inscription process to our Master in Political Ecology is now open. You can access all the information about the inscription process here and the online inscription platform here. Unfortunately, the information is only available in Catalan and Castilian for the time being; it will soon … Continue reading →
- Global Warming June 21, 201815 June 2018 Article by Dissident Voice An interview with Stuart Scott Stuart Scott of Climate Matters.TV recently interviewed Dr. Peter Wadhams, emeritus professor, Polar Ocean Physics, Cambridge University and author of the acclaimed highly recommended: A Farewell To Ice (Oxford University … Continue reading →
- University of Freiburg, Germany Doctoral or Postdoctoral Researchers June 19, 2018The Chair of Environmental Economics and Resource Management at the University of Freiburg, Germany, Prof. Dr. Stefan Baumgärtner, is seeking two Doctoral or Postdoctoral Researchers in Ecological, Environmental and Resource Economics beginning October 1, 2018 or the earliest date thereafter. The position … Continue reading →
- 2018 Sustainability and Development Conference June 18, 2018Sustainability and Development Conference November 9-11, 2018 University of Michigan – Ann Arbor, MI CALL FOR ABSTRACTS NOW OPEN Sustainable development, as a concept and call to action to end poverty, protect the planet, and guarantee human well-being, is perhaps … Continue reading →
- The Plastic Issue and Economics June 12, 2018Sir David Attenborough posted on his Facebook page about the damage we are inflicting using plastic. At a landfill in Spain, a stork entangled with a plastic bag was freed by the photographer. Sadly, a single bag can kill more … Continue reading →
- 2018 Boulding Award June 4, 20182018 BOULDING AWARD We are pleased to announce that the Boulding Award Committee, based on a thorough review of prior and recently identified potential candidates, has decided unanimously to award the 2018 Boulding Award to Inge Røpke, in recognition of her long-term efforts on behalf … Continue reading →
- St. Lucia Postdoctorla Research Fellow SEES May 29, 2018Postdoctoral Research Fellow Job no:504443 Area:Faculty of Science Salary (FTE):Academic Research Level A1 ($64,533.50 – $87,535.13) Work type:Full Time – Fixed Term Location: St Lucia The School of Earth and Environmental Sciences The School of Earth and Environmental Sciences (SEES) … Continue reading →
- Foreseen for 2020 Open Call for Hosting May 29, 2018News Release: 28 May 2018 OPEN CALL for Hosting the 7th International Degrowth Conference (Foreseen for 2020) – We are open to different formats, like regional or thematic conferences! This year the degrowth community celebrates the 10th anniversary of the … Continue reading →
- Oxford Summer School in Ecological Economics 2018 May 21, 2018St. Hilda College 19-25 August Green Economy for Smart and Sustainable Cities: Economics, Ecosystems and Policy The School will address key elements of the new economy transformation with a particular focus on smart and sustainable cities, exploring the cutting edge … Continue reading →
- ICTA-R&D Master in Political Ecology: Pre-registrations now open! May 11, 2018ICTA-R&D Master in Political Ecology: Pre-registrations now open! We are now ready to start the pre-registration process for the master in Political Ecology with specialization in Degrowth and Environmental Justice! While we are waiting for our University administration to deal with the … Continue reading →
- ICTA-R&D Master in Political Ecology, Degrowth and Env Justice: Inscriptions are now OPEN! Deadline: 29th of September July 10, 2018
Category Archives: Publishers
The Journal of Business Ethics, a journal in on the Financial Times (FT 45) list for the ranking of research in business schools, has invited Julie Nelson to be the inaugural editor of a new Section on “Business Ethics and Economics.” This section invites … Continue reading
Call for book or chapter proposals: Vernon Press launches a series in “Economic Methodology” Vernon Press invites book proposals on economic methods, broadly construed. All economics-based schools of thought are encouraged to submit. Other disciplines are encouraged to submit, as … Continue reading
Edited by Joan Martínez-Alier, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Spain and Roldan Muradian, Universidade Federal Fluminense, Brazil ‘This volume is a much-needed addition to the literature on ecological economics. The essays in this volume represent a return to the basic ontological … Continue reading
CROP in cooperation with Zed Books, requests entries for the CROP International Studies in Poverty Prize 2014. Deadline: August 31, 2014 We seek original, high-quality, alternative and critical academic manuscripts. Works challenging the dominant thinking and knowledge about poverty and … Continue reading
Elsevier has an excellent list of book on environmental topics, including environmental economics.
Blackwell Publishing has a number of journals and books on environmental and resource economics. They are currently offering, for a limited time only, free online access for 60 days to Natural Resources Forum, a new UN journal focusing on international, … Continue reading
Earthscan has published a number of titles that may be of interest to members. These include: Ecological Economics by Peter SÖderbaum and Biodiversity and Ecological Economics Participation, Values and Resource Management by Luca Tacconi.
Edward Elgar publishers have an outstanding list of book on ecological economics and related topics.
RFF Press publishes books that present a broad range of approaches to the study of natural resources and the environment.
John Wiley & Sons have recently published a major reference work that may be of interest to ISEE members. The Encyclopaedia of Environmetrics is a four volume publication dedicated to quantitative methods in the environmental sciences.