- ISEE 2014 CONFERENCE IN REYJKAVIK, ICELAND March 10, 2014Welcome to the biennial conference of the International Society for Ecological Economics hosted by the University of Iceland August 13-15, 2014. The theme is: Towards well-being and equity within planetary boundaries. Core themes: Planetary boundaries and resource constraints. We will … Continue reading →
- Postdoc Opportunity – Watershed Ecosystem Services February 28, 2014The University of New Hampshire seeks a Postdoctoral Research Associate to play a central role in a collaborative effort to understand coupled terrestrial-aquatic ecosystem services in New England. We seek individuals interested in dynamic modeling of ecosystem response to climate … Continue reading →
- Announcing the Elinor Ostrom Prize Competition February 25, 2014Elinor Ostrom Prize Elinor Ostrom, 1933-2012 A prize of £1000 is awarded each year for the best full-length article published in the Journal of Institutional Economics in the preceding calendar year. Each annual prize competition will be judged by an … Continue reading →
- ISEE 2014 Iceland Registration – Early Bird Reduction February 24, 2014Registration for ISEE 2014 – Iceland – is now open at http://isee2014.yourhost.is/programme/registration. Take advantage of the special rate for ISEE members, as well as the “early bird” reduction. Remember – the cheapest airline tickets will disappear fast, so make your … Continue reading →
- Job Posting | Manager, Resource Accounting (Oakland) February 24, 2014Global Footprint Network promotes a sustainable economy by advancing the Ecological Footprint, a tool that makes sustainability measurable. Together with our partners, we coordinate research, develop methodological standards, and provide decision makers with robust resource accounts to help the human … Continue reading →
- Participate in the next Degrowth Conference on Social Equity and Ecological Sustainability! February 24, 2014PLEASE SPREAD THE NEWS! Participate in the next Degrowth Conference on Social Equity and Ecological Sustainability! This is the final call for submissions to the 4th International Degrowth Conference in Leipzig, Sept. 2-6. Submissions are still possible till February 28th! … Continue reading →
- Population Growth: A Multiplier of All Problems February 24, 2014Population Growth: A Multiplier of All ProblemsSummary Conclusions of Recent Research by Population Matters Conclusion and Recommendations Stable or reducing populations are an essential pre-condition for economic, social and biophysical sustainability – population growth makes all UK and global problems … Continue reading →
- New SDSN Draft Report for Public Consultation February 17, 2014[ECO-ECO Brasil - Diretoria] Enc: New SDSN Draft Report for Public Consultation: Indicators for Sustainable Development Goals We are very pleased to share with you a new draft SDSN report for public consultation. Indicators for Sustainable Development Goals presents a … Continue reading →
- No Fee for "The Green Economy" Course February 17, 2014In the original announcement for the course “The Green Economy” – being part of the Thor Heyerdahl Summer School series – a participation fee was included. The organizers are happy to inform that it has now become possible for them … Continue reading →
- Research Analyst (Oakland) February 6, 2014Global Footprint Network promotes a sustainable economy by advancing the Ecological Footprint, a tool that makes sustainability measurable. Together with our partners, we coordinate research, develop methodological standards, and provide decision makers with robust resource accounts to help the human … Continue reading →
- ISEE 2014 CONFERENCE IN REYJKAVIK, ICELAND March 10, 2014
Category Archives: Publishers
Elsevier has an excellent list of book on environmental topics, including environmental economics.
Blackwell Publishing has a number of journals and books on environmental and resource economics. They are currently offering, for a limited time only, free online access for 60 days to Natural Resources Forum, a new UN journal focusing on international, … Continue reading
Earthscan has published a number of titles that may be of interest to members. These include: Ecological Economics by Peter SÖderbaum and Biodiversity and Ecological Economics Participation, Values and Resource Management by Luca Tacconi.
Edward Elgar publishers have an outstanding list of book on ecological economics and related topics.
RFF Press publishes books that present a broad range of approaches to the study of natural resources and the environment.
John Wiley & Sons have recently published a major reference work that may be of interest to ISEE members. The Encyclopaedia of Environmetrics is a four volume publication dedicated to quantitative methods in the environmental sciences.