- Wisconsin Dept of Natural Resources Economist Needed May 13, 2019Natural Resources, Department of Economist (Forestry) Job Announcement Code(s): 19-01349 The Forest Economist is responsible for conducting complex economic analyses and evaluation, developing economic policies and training, managing internal and external partnerships, and providing leadership for the statewide Forest Economics program … Continue reading → The post Wisconsin Dept of Natural Resources Economist Needed appeared first […]
- USSEE Call for Nominations Extended May 7, 2019Call for Nominations for board positions (by May 10th) and Daly and Aguilar Awards (deadline extended to May 15th) The board needs your help nominating potential Daly and Aguilar awardees, and candidates for the open board of directors positions listed … Continue reading → The post USSEE Call for Nominations Extended appeared first on The […]
- IX Conference on Ecological Economy Deadline Working Tables Presentation Extended May 7, 2019The Organizing Committee of the IX Conference on Ecological Economy informs that the deadline for the presentation of Working Tables has been extended until Monday, May 27, 2019. More details in the Third Circular . The IX Conference on Ecological Economics will be held on … Continue reading → The post IX Conference on Ecological Economy Deadline Working Tables Presentation […]
- Policy and Social Modeling Postdoc May 6, 2019Policy and Social Modeling Postdoc Position ID: PDA#002 A Post-Doctoral Research Associate position is available in Policy and Social Modeling at the University of Vermont as part of an NSF-funded research project on Lake Champlain Basin Resilience to Extreme Events. … Continue reading → The post Policy and Social Modeling Postdoc appeared first on The […]
- ISUH Conference Abstract Submission Closing May 2, 2019Submit abstracts by Friday Abstract submission closes Friday 3 May 2019 Remember to submit your abstracts for the 16th International Conference on Urban Health by Friday. Abstracts are invited for the following presentation formats alongside the invited lectures: oral and poster presentations pre-conference … Continue reading → The post ISUH Conference Abstract Submission Closing appeared first on The […]
- USSEE Board of Director Openings April 30, 2019The USSEE Board of Directors invites you to nominate candidate(s) for the Board of the U.S. Society for Ecological Economics. The election will be held in late May and we are seeking nominations for the following positions by May 10th. You are welcome to self-nominate. Nominations are for … Continue reading → The post USSEE Board of Director Openings appeared first on The […]
- INSEE Journal Call for Contributions April 26, 2019Contributions are invited for the following sections: RESEARCH PAPERS: address substantive research questions, contribute new insight and/or provide new findings in the relevant knowledge domain. Must report original research. (8000 words) THEMATIC ESSAY/SURVEY: provide an exhaustive account of relevant knowledge … Continue reading → The post INSEE Journal Call for Contributions appeared first on The […]
- Sociedad Brasileña de Economía Ecológica April 24, 2019Sociedad Brasileña de Economía Ecológica XIII Encuentro Nacional de la Sociedad Brasileña de Economía Ecológica (ECOECO) ¿Será el Antropoceno la era del colapso ambiental? Pensando una economía para el Planeta Tierra. 23 a 26 de septiembre de 2019, UNICAMP, Campinas, … Continue reading → The post Sociedad Brasileña de Economía Ecológica appeared first on The […]
- Report on Indigenous Participation April 24, 2019International Society for Ecological Economics (ISEE) 15th International Congress The David Suzuki Foundation sponsored our first roundtable at the Congress. This contribution includes their summary report, as well as statements by Mexican and Canadian indigenous participants. Summary report The David … Continue reading → The post Report on Indigenous Participation appeared first on The International […]
- Computational Modeling of Extreme Events in Coupled Natural and Human Systems Postdoc April 17, 2019Vermont EPSCoR is recruiting a postdoctoral associate to join our cutting-edge NSF funded research on Basin Resilience to Extreme Events (BREE). BREE is a five-year award of large-scale interdisciplinary studies which will determine how the Lake Champlain Basin’s landscape, watershed … Continue reading → The post Computational Modeling of Extreme Events in Coupled Natural and […]
- Wisconsin Dept of Natural Resources Economist Needed May 13, 2019
Category Archives: Publishers
Environmental Values Latest issue now online: Vol.28, No.1, February 2019 Perspectives on Ecological Democracy Editorial: Reconciling Ecological and Democratic Values: Recent Perspectives on Ecological Democracy. David Schlosberg, Karin Bäckstrand and Jonathan Pickering Decolonising Dignity for Inclusive Democracy. Christine J. Winter … Continue reading
50 Days’ free access to Legal Institutions and Ecological Economics: Their Common Contribution for Achieving a Sustainable Development (Volker Mauerhofer) is now available online, containing full bibliographic details. For access, click this link before December 09, 2018 you will be taken directly … Continue reading
The Journal of Business Ethics, a journal in on the Financial Times (FT 45) list for the ranking of research in business schools, has invited Julie Nelson to be the inaugural editor of a new Section on “Business Ethics and Economics.” This section invites … Continue reading
Call for book or chapter proposals: Vernon Press launches a series in “Economic Methodology” Vernon Press invites book proposals on economic methods, broadly construed. All economics-based schools of thought are encouraged to submit. Other disciplines are encouraged to submit, as … Continue reading
Edited by Joan Martínez-Alier, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Spain and Roldan Muradian, Universidade Federal Fluminense, Brazil ‘This volume is a much-needed addition to the literature on ecological economics. The essays in this volume represent a return to the basic ontological … Continue reading
CROP in cooperation with Zed Books, requests entries for the CROP International Studies in Poverty Prize 2014. Deadline: August 31, 2014 We seek original, high-quality, alternative and critical academic manuscripts. Works challenging the dominant thinking and knowledge about poverty and … Continue reading
Elsevier has an excellent list of book on environmental topics, including environmental economics.
Blackwell Publishing has a number of journals and books on environmental and resource economics. They are currently offering, for a limited time only, free online access for 60 days to Natural Resources Forum, a new UN journal focusing on international, … Continue reading
Earthscan has published a number of titles that may be of interest to members. These include: Ecological Economics by Peter SÖderbaum and Biodiversity and Ecological Economics Participation, Values and Resource Management by Luca Tacconi.
Edward Elgar publishers have an outstanding list of book on ecological economics and related topics.
RFF Press publishes books that present a broad range of approaches to the study of natural resources and the environment.
John Wiley & Sons have recently published a major reference work that may be of interest to ISEE members. The Encyclopaedia of Environmetrics is a four volume publication dedicated to quantitative methods in the environmental sciences.