- ESEE 2015: Transformations Submissions Extended November 28, 2014ESEE 2015: Transformations The 11th international conference of the European Society for Ecological Economics will take place in Leeds, UK from 30 June – 3 July 2015. The conference topics include: post-growth economics natural resources, ecosystem services and environmental quality … Continue reading →
- The CGIAR Development Dialogues: Integrated landscape approaches November 24, 2014Bina Agarwal, past-President of ISEE spoke on a panel on the landscape approach to agricultural production and food security as part of the CGIAR development dialogues held at Columbia University, New York, on 25 September 2015. She was also interviewed … Continue reading →
- PhD student to conduct research in the field of environmental economics at the University of Southampton November 11, 2014Project Title: Preferences for ecosystem services Apply Now: http://www.southampton.ac.uk/geography/postgraduate/research_degrees/apply.page? Project Supervisor(s): Dr M Schaafsma (School of Geography), Dr E Mentzakis (Economics Division, Social Sciences) Email Enquiry: For informal inquiries, please contact Marije Schaafsma: M.Schaafsma@soton.ac.uk Weblink: http://www.southampton.ac.uk/geography/postgraduate/research_degrees/studentships.page Application Deadline: 31 December … Continue reading →
- Tribute to Kenneth Boulding November 6, 2014Tribute to Kenneth Boulding by 2014 award recipient Peter Victor Peter Victor paid tribute to Kenneth Boulding at the meeting of the International Society for Ecological Economics at Reykjiavik, Iceland on 13th August 2014 at the presentation of the 2014 … Continue reading →
- Applications are open for Kinship Conservation Fellows 2015 November 5, 2014ENVIRONMENTAL LEADERSHIP PROGRAM Kinship Conservation Fellows is a groundbreaking environmental leadership program that emphasizes market-based solutions to environmental problems. Kinship’s dynamic global network of 210 Fellows in 48 countries and 6 continents is collaborative, entrepreneurial, and dedicated to effective conservation. … Continue reading →
- 25 Hottest Articles || July – September 2014 November 5, 2014Ecological Economics July – September 2014 A typology for the classification, description and valuation of ecosystem functions, goods and services • Article Ecological Economics, Volume 41, Issue 3, June 2002, Pages 393-408 de Groot, Rudolf S; Wilson, Matthew A; Boumans, … Continue reading →
- Director of the Policy Analysis Group November 4, 2014University of IdahoDirector of the Policy Analysis Group Location: MoscowDivision/College: College of Natural ResourcesDepartment: Conservation Social SciencesEmployee Category: FacultyClassification Group Title: Dept Head/Chair/DirectorTenure Tracking: Tenure TrackRank: Negotiable (must be justified)Interim/Term Appointment: NoMulti-Year Contract (Non-Tenure Track): Not ApplicablePosition Type: PermanentPay Range: … Continue reading →
- Note on Brazilian Deforestation Statistics November 4, 2014Note by ECOECO regarding the Brazilian government’s failure to publish data from the DETER deforestation monitoring system in the Brazilian Amazon To control deforestation in the Amazon, the information furnished by satellite imagery are fundamental. The Brazilian Ministry of the … Continue reading →
- Jobs at BC3 – Basque Centre for Climate Change October 29, 2014Scientific Director The applications close the 27th of January 2015. For more information visit http://www.bc3research.org/join_us/job_offers.html.
- Do we dare to question economic growth? October 20, 2014By Warwick Smith First published at The Guardian on 13 October 2014. We’ve all been so effectively sold the line that endless growth is essential to maintain and improve our quality of life. This couldn’t be further from the truth. … Continue reading →
- ESEE 2015: Transformations Submissions Extended November 28, 2014
Category Archives: Publishers
CROP in cooperation with Zed Books, requests entries for the CROP International Studies in Poverty Prize 2014. Deadline: August 31, 2014 We seek original, high-quality, alternative and critical academic manuscripts. Works challenging the dominant thinking and knowledge about poverty and … Continue reading
Elsevier has an excellent list of book on environmental topics, including environmental economics.
Blackwell Publishing has a number of journals and books on environmental and resource economics. They are currently offering, for a limited time only, free online access for 60 days to Natural Resources Forum, a new UN journal focusing on international, … Continue reading
Earthscan has published a number of titles that may be of interest to members. These include: Ecological Economics by Peter SÖderbaum and Biodiversity and Ecological Economics Participation, Values and Resource Management by Luca Tacconi.
Edward Elgar publishers have an outstanding list of book on ecological economics and related topics.
RFF Press publishes books that present a broad range of approaches to the study of natural resources and the environment.
John Wiley & Sons have recently published a major reference work that may be of interest to ISEE members. The Encyclopaedia of Environmetrics is a four volume publication dedicated to quantitative methods in the environmental sciences.