- 30 days left to apply for GESA 2015 December 19, 201430 Days left to apply for GESA 2015! What: The Global Environments Summer Academy When: 27 July – 14 August, 2015 Where: University of Bern, Switzerland Organisers: GDF and Centre for Development and Environment Call for Applications Apply for GESA … Continue reading →
- Fulltime Assistant Professor/Teaching and Research Associate December 11, 2014The Institute for Multi-Level Governance and Development – Prof. Clive L. Spash – is currently inviting applications for a fulltime Assistant Professor, non-tenure track position (post-doc, gross monthly salary: € 3,483.30) or two (30 hours/week) Teaching and Research Associate positions … Continue reading →
- Democratizing Forest Governance in India December 11, 2014We are happy to announce the publication of an edited volume on “Democratizing Forest Governance in India” by Oxford University Press. Please click here for a copy of the flier. Availability: USA: http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/0198099126/ref=sr_1_1_twi_1_olp?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1418295140&sr=1-1&keywords=lele+menon+democratizing UK: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/0198099126/ref=sr_1_1_twi_1_olp?ie=UTF8&qid=1418295245&sr=8-1&keywords=lele+menon+democratizing
- [NEW BOOK] Degrowth: A Vocabulary for a New Era December 3, 2014Degrowth: A Vocabulary for a New Era edited by Giacomo D’Alisa, Federico Demaria and Giorgos Kallis (Routledge, 2014) Degrowth is a rejection of the illusion of growth and a call to repoliticize the public debate colonized by the idiom of … Continue reading →
- [Press Release] Community Conservation in Latin America: Innovations in Research and Practice December 3, 2014Xico, Veracruz (Mexico) – The international conference Community Conservation in Latin America: Innovations in Research and Practice took place in the Mexican town of Xico, 6-9 November 2014. Organised by the EU-funded consortium COMBIOSERVE and gathering 160 participants – of … Continue reading →
- 4 PhDs in Behavioral Economics of Environmental Policy and Ecosystem Services December 1, 20144 PhDs in Behavioral Economics of Environmental Policy and Ecosystem ServicesE13 (TV-L), 50% The Alexander-von-Humboldt Professorship for Environmental Economics at the Institute of Environmental Systems Research, University of Osnabrück (Germany) is recruiting 4 new Phd students with starting date in … Continue reading →
- ESEE 2015: Transformations Submissions Extended November 28, 2014ESEE 2015: Transformations The 11th international conference of the European Society for Ecological Economics will take place in Leeds, UK from 30 June – 3 July 2015. The conference topics include: post-growth economics natural resources, ecosystem services and environmental quality … Continue reading →
- The CGIAR Development Dialogues: Integrated landscape approaches November 24, 2014Bina Agarwal, past-President of ISEE spoke on a panel on the landscape approach to agricultural production and food security as part of the CGIAR development dialogues held at Columbia University, New York, on 25 September 2015. She was also interviewed … Continue reading →
- PhD student to conduct research in the field of environmental economics at the University of Southampton November 11, 2014Project Title: Preferences for ecosystem services Apply Now: http://www.southampton.ac.uk/geography/postgraduate/research_degrees/apply.page? Project Supervisor(s): Dr M Schaafsma (School of Geography), Dr E Mentzakis (Economics Division, Social Sciences) Email Enquiry: For informal inquiries, please contact Marije Schaafsma: M.Schaafsma@soton.ac.uk Weblink: http://www.southampton.ac.uk/geography/postgraduate/research_degrees/studentships.page Application Deadline: 31 December … Continue reading →
- Tribute to Kenneth Boulding November 6, 2014Tribute to Kenneth Boulding by 2014 award recipient Peter Victor Peter Victor paid tribute to Kenneth Boulding at the meeting of the International Society for Ecological Economics at Reykjiavik, Iceland on 13th August 2014 at the presentation of the 2014 … Continue reading →
- 30 days left to apply for GESA 2015 December 19, 2014
Category Archives: Publishers
CROP in cooperation with Zed Books, requests entries for the CROP International Studies in Poverty Prize 2014. Deadline: August 31, 2014 We seek original, high-quality, alternative and critical academic manuscripts. Works challenging the dominant thinking and knowledge about poverty and … Continue reading
Elsevier has an excellent list of book on environmental topics, including environmental economics.
Blackwell Publishing has a number of journals and books on environmental and resource economics. They are currently offering, for a limited time only, free online access for 60 days to Natural Resources Forum, a new UN journal focusing on international, … Continue reading
Earthscan has published a number of titles that may be of interest to members. These include: Ecological Economics by Peter SÖderbaum and Biodiversity and Ecological Economics Participation, Values and Resource Management by Luca Tacconi.
Edward Elgar publishers have an outstanding list of book on ecological economics and related topics.
RFF Press publishes books that present a broad range of approaches to the study of natural resources and the environment.
John Wiley & Sons have recently published a major reference work that may be of interest to ISEE members. The Encyclopaedia of Environmetrics is a four volume publication dedicated to quantitative methods in the environmental sciences.