- Climate Statistics PhD Student March 23, 2017Vermont EPSCoR is recruiting several PhD level graduate students to join our cutting-edge NSF-funded research on Basin Resilience to Extreme Events (BREE). We are initiating a five-year award of large-scale interdisciplinary studies which will determine how the Lake Champlain Basin’s … Continue reading →
- Deep-Learning Postdoctoral or Faculty Researcher March 23, 2017Deep-Learning Postdoctoral or Faculty Researcher (Position ID: PDA#005) Vermont EPSCoR is recruiting a postdoctoral or faculty researcher with expertise in machine learning and complex systems modeling to join our cutting-edge NSF-funded research on Basin Resilience to Extreme Events (BREE). We … Continue reading →
- Chairperson of the Department of Community Sustainability March 16, 2017POSITION DESCRIPTION Chairperson Department of Community Sustainability College of Agriculture and Natural Resources Michigan State University Position The Michigan State University College of Agriculture and Natural Resources invites nominations and applications for the full-time, tenure-track annual position of Chairperson of … Continue reading →
- Professor in Environmental Policy Analysis 894549 March 15, 2017The Department of Environmental Science at Aarhus University, Roskilde, Denmark invites applications for a position as full professor in environmental policy analysis. The position is to be filled by November 1st 2017 or as soon as possible, subject to negotiation. For … Continue reading →
- PHD thesis – 2017-2020, Co-tutelle France-Australia March 3, 2017Evaluation of harvest control rules in mixed fisheries under catch quota management Research units The PhD research will be carried out under a co-tutelle agreement between the University of Brest (UBO, Ecole Doctorale des Sciences de la Mer) and the … Continue reading →
- RSEE 2017 14th International Conference March 2, 2017Russian Society for Ecological Economics International Society for Ecological Economics Karelian Research Centre RAS Institute of Economics KarRC RAS 14th International Conference “Ecological and economic problems of development of regions and countries (sustainable development, management of natural resources)” July 3-7, … Continue reading →
- 4th PhD Summer School 2017 February 28, 2017RESEARCH ON SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT Sustainability and Risks – How to deal with risk issues in sustainability research? 10 – 14 July 2017, University of Basel, Switzerland Content Nothing is as risky as our future. Sustainability serves as comprehensive model to … Continue reading →
- Dr. Deepak Malghan Wins Award February 27, 2017Dr. Deepak Malghan wins Dr. V.K.R.V. Rao Award in Social Sciences The prize takes note of his original research and recognises his contributions to the development of knowledge in the field of Human Geography and Ecology 20 February, 2017, Bengaluru: … Continue reading →
- New Climate Ethics & Climate Economics CfP February 17, 2017CfP: Climate Ethics and Climate Economics–Risk, Uncertainty and Catastrophe Scenarios May 9th & 10th, University of Cambridge Scholars have warned that there is an uncertain chance of runaway climate change that could devastate the planet. At least since Hans Jonas’s … Continue reading →
- Two-year postdoc position on “Understanding societal views on carbon pricing” February 8, 2017The project: The project aims to improve our understanding of what explains public preferences for carbon pricing (CP). Many experts regard CP as crucial to stop climate change, while others are strongly opposed to it. The core questions of the … Continue reading →
- Climate Statistics PhD Student March 23, 2017
Category Archives: Publishers
The Journal of Business Ethics, a journal in on the Financial Times (FT 45) list for the ranking of research in business schools, has invited Julie Nelson to be the inaugural editor of a new Section on “Business Ethics and Economics.” This section invites … Continue reading
Call for book or chapter proposals: Vernon Press launches a series in “Economic Methodology” Vernon Press invites book proposals on economic methods, broadly construed. All economics-based schools of thought are encouraged to submit. Other disciplines are encouraged to submit, as … Continue reading
Edited by Joan Martínez-Alier, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Spain and Roldan Muradian, Universidade Federal Fluminense, Brazil ‘This volume is a much-needed addition to the literature on ecological economics. The essays in this volume represent a return to the basic ontological … Continue reading
Economics, Econometrics and Finance Ecological EconomicsJanuary to December 2014 full year 1. A typology for the classification, description and valuation of ecosystem functions, goods and services • ArticleEcological Economics, Volume 41, Issue 3, Pages 393-408de Groot, Rudolf S; Wilson, Matthew … Continue reading
CROP in cooperation with Zed Books, requests entries for the CROP International Studies in Poverty Prize 2014. Deadline: August 31, 2014 We seek original, high-quality, alternative and critical academic manuscripts. Works challenging the dominant thinking and knowledge about poverty and … Continue reading
Elsevier has an excellent list of book on environmental topics, including environmental economics.
Blackwell Publishing has a number of journals and books on environmental and resource economics. They are currently offering, for a limited time only, free online access for 60 days to Natural Resources Forum, a new UN journal focusing on international, … Continue reading
Earthscan has published a number of titles that may be of interest to members. These include: Ecological Economics by Peter SÖderbaum and Biodiversity and Ecological Economics Participation, Values and Resource Management by Luca Tacconi.
Edward Elgar publishers have an outstanding list of book on ecological economics and related topics.
RFF Press publishes books that present a broad range of approaches to the study of natural resources and the environment.
John Wiley & Sons have recently published a major reference work that may be of interest to ISEE members. The Encyclopaedia of Environmetrics is a four volume publication dedicated to quantitative methods in the environmental sciences.