- Postdoctoral research position at UCLA September 27, 2016UCLA is looking for postdoctoral researchers for the year 2017-2018 to conduct social science research on climate change at the Center for Corporate Environmental Performance (CCEP) http://www.ioe.ucla.edu/ccep/ in the Institute of the Environment. CCEP projects focus on areas such as energy efficiency, … Continue reading →
- ANZSEE 2017 Call for Abstracts September 26, 2016You are invited to submit a paper, poster, or workshop proposal for the ANZSEE 2017 Conference to be held from 9-13 January 2017 in Adelaide, South Australia This ANZSEE conference aims to bring university, NGO, industry, government, and citizens together … Continue reading →
- FSR Climate Annual Conference 2016 Call for Papers September 20, 2016FSR Climate Annual Conference 2016 CALL FOR PAPERS Papers on the above topics will be considered for presentation at the conference. Papers should be submitted in pdf to FSRClimate@EUI.eu and include title, abstract, full text and email address of the author. Submitted papers … Continue reading →
- In Memoriam: Paul Baer, USSEE Board Member September 20, 2016The United States Society for Ecological Economics is saddened to learn of the sudden death of USSEE Board member Paul Baer, who passed away on Tuesday, September 6, 2016. Paul has been a long-time member of USSEE since the founding … Continue reading →
- Tenure Track Position in Sustainability Science/Ecological Economics September 20, 2016The Department of Earth and Environmental Sciences at Furman University invites applications for an open-rank, tenure-track position in Sustainability Science beginning in August 2017. The successful candidate will have expertise in the area of ecological economics or related fields within … Continue reading →
- Faculty position in environmental and/or energy economics September 19, 2016The Institute of the Environment and Sustainability at the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) invites applications for a faculty position in environmental and/or energy economics. Specifically, we seek a colleague with interests and experience in the following areas of … Continue reading →
- Water-Energy-Food Nexus in Latin America and the Caribbean September 2, 2016Water-Energy-Food Nexus in Latin America and the Caribbean: Public Policies for Managing Water, Food and Energy Interactions Nuestra división se encuentra ejecutando un proyecto con la Agencia Alemana de Cooperación Internacional (GIZ) “Nexo agua-energía-agricultura/alimentación en América Latina y el Caribe: … Continue reading →
- Ph.D. Fellowship in Ecosystem Services – Dartmouth College August 31, 2016Dartmouth’s doctoral program in Ecology, Evolution, Ecosystems, and Society (http://sites.dartmouth.edu/EEES/) seeks applicants for a graduate fellowship focusing on the ecology, economics, and governance of ecosystem services to begin in the Fall of 2017. Potential research topics might include the science … Continue reading →
- 2017 ANZSEE and the Solutions Journal Conference August 30, 2016Save the Date! 9-13 January 2017 Adelaide, South Australia The Australia New Zealand Society for Ecological Economics and The Solutions Journal Present the following conference in Adelaide, Australia: The 99% Solution: Implementing the Sustainable Development Goals This conference aims to engage … Continue reading →
- Chief Economist and Director General Economic Research and Regional Cooperation Department (ERCD) August 25, 2016Opportunity The role of Chief Economist and Director General Economic Research and Regional Cooperation Department (ERCD) is critical for the success of the Asian Development Bank. Reporting directly to the Vice-President, Knowledge Management and Sustainable Development (VPKM), the Chief Economist … Continue reading →
- Postdoctoral research position at UCLA September 27, 2016
Category Archives: Publishers
The Journal of Business Ethics, a journal in on the Financial Times (FT 45) list for the ranking of research in business schools, has invited Julie Nelson to be the inaugural editor of a new Section on “Business Ethics and Economics.” This section invites … Continue reading
Call for book or chapter proposals: Vernon Press launches a series in “Economic Methodology” Vernon Press invites book proposals on economic methods, broadly construed. All economics-based schools of thought are encouraged to submit. Other disciplines are encouraged to submit, as … Continue reading
Edited by Joan Martínez-Alier, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Spain and Roldan Muradian, Universidade Federal Fluminense, Brazil ‘This volume is a much-needed addition to the literature on ecological economics. The essays in this volume represent a return to the basic ontological … Continue reading
Economics, Econometrics and Finance Ecological EconomicsJanuary to December 2014 full year 1. A typology for the classification, description and valuation of ecosystem functions, goods and services • ArticleEcological Economics, Volume 41, Issue 3, Pages 393-408de Groot, Rudolf S; Wilson, Matthew … Continue reading
CROP in cooperation with Zed Books, requests entries for the CROP International Studies in Poverty Prize 2014. Deadline: August 31, 2014 We seek original, high-quality, alternative and critical academic manuscripts. Works challenging the dominant thinking and knowledge about poverty and … Continue reading
Elsevier has an excellent list of book on environmental topics, including environmental economics.
Blackwell Publishing has a number of journals and books on environmental and resource economics. They are currently offering, for a limited time only, free online access for 60 days to Natural Resources Forum, a new UN journal focusing on international, … Continue reading
Earthscan has published a number of titles that may be of interest to members. These include: Ecological Economics by Peter SÖderbaum and Biodiversity and Ecological Economics Participation, Values and Resource Management by Luca Tacconi.
Edward Elgar publishers have an outstanding list of book on ecological economics and related topics.
RFF Press publishes books that present a broad range of approaches to the study of natural resources and the environment.
John Wiley & Sons have recently published a major reference work that may be of interest to ISEE members. The Encyclopaedia of Environmetrics is a four volume publication dedicated to quantitative methods in the environmental sciences.