- CANUSSEE Updates & Early Bird Registration July 28, 2015The joint conference of the Canadian and U.S. Societies for Ecological Economics (CANUSSEE) is being held in Vancouver, British Columbia, October 1-4, 2015 with the theme: Pathways for Change: Toward a Just and Sustainable Economy. Don’t wait to register! Early … Continue reading →
- University of Leeds, Sustainability Research Institute (SRI): Academic Fellowship Announcement July 23, 2015University of Leeds, Sustainability Research Institute (SRI): Academic Fellowship Announcement Roles for 2015/16 are available to view now and will open for applications on 29th July 2015. If you would like to be sent a reminder once the jobs are … Continue reading →
- ANZSEE Abstracts Due Friday 24 July July 21, 2015Just a quick reminder that abstracts are due for the ANZSEE 2015 conference this Friday July 24, 2015. The conference, Thriving Through Transformation – Local to Global Sustainability, will be held at the University of New England Business School, Armidale, … Continue reading →
- PostDoctoral Researcher in Ecological, Environmental and Resource Economics July 20, 2015The Chair of Environmental Economics and Resource Management at the University of Freiburg, Germany (Prof. Dr. Stefan Baumgärtner, http://www.ere.uni-freiburg.de/) is seeking a PostDoctoral Researcher in Ecological, Environmental and Resource Economics beginning at the earliest possible date for the research project COMTESS. … Continue reading →
- Call for Papers for a Special Volume July 15, 2015Our editorial team is happy to announce a Call for Papers for a Special Volume on Technology and Degrowth, to be published in the Journal of Cleaner Production in 2016. If you think you could make an interesting contribution, please … Continue reading →
- Early Stage Researcher (ESR) July 13, 2015Leibniz-Institut für Gewässerökologie und Binnenfischerei The Leibniz-Institute of Freshwater Ecology and Inland Fisheries (IGB, www.igb-berlin.de) is the largest freshwater ecology and inland fisheries research institute in Germany. It is a member of the Forschungsverbund Berlin e.V. IGB has close links to all three … Continue reading →
- PROFESSOR IN INTERNATIONAL FOREST POLICY July 7, 2015The University of Helsinki is among the leading multidisciplinary research universities in the world. In addition to its 11 faculties, the University includes several independent institutes, some of which are jointly operated with other universities. Some 35,000 students are currently … Continue reading →
- Happiness Is an Important Indicator of Societal Progress July 6, 2015Opinion Piece in the New York Times, Room for Debate, by Bina Agarwal If happiness is defined by an individual’s freedom to choose, and lead, a life he or she has reason to value, it is worth tracking it as … Continue reading →
- ANZSEE 2015 Conference July 3, 2015ANZSEE 2015 Conference (19 – 23 October 2015) ANZSEE is excited to announce that the 2015 Conference, Thriving Through Transformation – Local to Global Sustainability, will be held at the University of New England Business School, Armidale, NSW from 19-23 October … Continue reading →
- National Students for Sustainability Professional Conference June 29, 2015The University of Western Sydney (UWS) will be hosting a national Students for Sustainability (S4S) professional conference on the 15th and 16th September 2015. The conference theme “HOPE for the future” will explore the social and environmental impacts of our … Continue reading →
- CANUSSEE Updates & Early Bird Registration July 28, 2015
Category Archives: Publishers
Economics, Econometrics and Finance Ecological EconomicsJanuary to December 2014 full year 1. A typology for the classification, description and valuation of ecosystem functions, goods and services • ArticleEcological Economics, Volume 41, Issue 3, Pages 393-408de Groot, Rudolf S; Wilson, Matthew … Continue reading
CROP in cooperation with Zed Books, requests entries for the CROP International Studies in Poverty Prize 2014. Deadline: August 31, 2014 We seek original, high-quality, alternative and critical academic manuscripts. Works challenging the dominant thinking and knowledge about poverty and … Continue reading
Elsevier has an excellent list of book on environmental topics, including environmental economics.
Blackwell Publishing has a number of journals and books on environmental and resource economics. They are currently offering, for a limited time only, free online access for 60 days to Natural Resources Forum, a new UN journal focusing on international, … Continue reading
Earthscan has published a number of titles that may be of interest to members. These include: Ecological Economics by Peter SÖderbaum and Biodiversity and Ecological Economics Participation, Values and Resource Management by Luca Tacconi.
Edward Elgar publishers have an outstanding list of book on ecological economics and related topics.
RFF Press publishes books that present a broad range of approaches to the study of natural resources and the environment.
John Wiley & Sons have recently published a major reference work that may be of interest to ISEE members. The Encyclopaedia of Environmetrics is a four volume publication dedicated to quantitative methods in the environmental sciences.