- Full Professorship (W3) for Environmental Planning and Transformation August 3, 2020Consider making the switch to the University of Freiburg: It is one of the most renowned and strongest research universities in Germany, with a history spanning more than 500 years. You’ll engage in top-notch research and teaching with a unique … Continue reading → The post Full Professorship (W3) for Environmental Planning and Transformation appeared […]
- Plea from Ecological Economists July 28, 2020Post-Covid world: ask the economists to tell the truth The framework on which Ecological Economics is founded provides a privileged perspective for formulating policy indications for managing the Covid pandemic and fostering economic recovery. First, Ecological Economics adopts the precautionary … Continue reading → The post Plea from Ecological Economists appeared first on The International […]
- INSEE Journal Table of Contents of Vol. 3 No. 2 (2020): Ecology, Economy and Society July 27, 2020EDITORIAL Living in, and thinking about, the world in pandemic times Kuntala Lahiri-Dutt COMMENTARY The Post-COVID India: Making science and technology socially and environmentally relevant Prerna Singh Bindra, Chirag Gajjar, Arunabha Ghosh, Manoj Kumar, Crispino Lobo, Digangana Mukherjee, Pradeep Nair, … Continue reading → The post INSEE Journal Table of Contents of Vol. 3 No. […]
- Daly Questionnaire July 22, 2020Peter A. Victor Ph.D., FRSC, Professor Emeritus of York University, Canada is writing a biography of Herman Daly. The biography will be published by Routledge. He needs your assistance in telling the story of Herman Daly’s life and work. Herman has … Continue reading → The post Daly Questionnaire appeared first on The International Society for […]
- War on Warming July 16, 2020Second of the ANZSEE webinar – War on Warming You are invited to the July online seminars featuring a discussion on ‘War on Warming’ with a panel of climate experts comprising of Emily Cracknell, Dr Amanda Thomas and Prof Ilan … Continue reading → The post War on Warming appeared first on The International Society […]
- September Colloquium ISEE/DeGrowth July 7, 2020Economy and Livelihoods after COVID-19 A global online symposium of the International Degrowth Network and the International Society for Ecological Economics. September 1 to September 4th, 2020, University of Manchester. The sessions will be in the afternoons BST. Registration is … Continue reading → The post September Colloquium ISEE/DeGrowth appeared first on The International Society […]
- Researcher in Maritime Economics Needed July 6, 2020Job title: Researcher in maritime economics Reference: PV-2020-041 Department/Office: Département des Ressources Biologiques et Environnement Unité de recherche Economie Maritime Duty station: Brest, Bretagne, FR, France Deadline for applications: 23/08/2020 The Institute and the recruiting department A pioneer in ocean science, … Continue reading → The post Researcher in Maritime Economics Needed appeared first on The […]
- Call for inputs by the Standing Committee on Finance June 26, 2020Call for inputs by the Standing Committee on Finance relating to the organization of its next Forum The Conference of the Parties (COP) at its seventeenth session mandated the Standing Committee on Finance (SCF) to organize a Forum for communication … Continue reading → The post Call for inputs by the Standing Committee on Finance […]
- 2020 Human Development Report June 16, 202017 June UNDP-UNEP, New York High-level Dialogue on the 2020 Human Development Report PEOPLE AND THE PLANET: The Future of Development in a Post-COVID-19 World WEDNESDAY, 17 JUNE 2020; 3:30 p.m. CET / 9:30 am EDT Register to Join the … Continue reading → The post 2020 Human Development Report appeared first on The International […]
- Life Beyond Capital June 3, 2020Prof John O’Neill, University of Manchester CUSP essay series on the Morality of Sustainable Prosperity | No 6 This essay forms part of a series within the work programme of the Centre for the Understanding of Sustainable Prosperity, investigating the philosophical … Continue reading → The post Life Beyond Capital appeared first on The International Society […]
- Full Professorship (W3) for Environmental Planning and Transformation August 3, 2020
Category Archives: Publishers
Environmental Values Latest issue now online: Vol.28, No.1, February 2019 Perspectives on Ecological Democracy Editorial: Reconciling Ecological and Democratic Values: Recent Perspectives on Ecological Democracy. David Schlosberg, Karin Bäckstrand and Jonathan Pickering Decolonising Dignity for Inclusive Democracy. Christine J. Winter … Continue reading
50 Days’ free access to Legal Institutions and Ecological Economics: Their Common Contribution for Achieving a Sustainable Development (Volker Mauerhofer) is now available online, containing full bibliographic details. Access is Closed
The Journal of Business Ethics, a journal in on the Financial Times (FT 45) list for the ranking of research in business schools, has invited Julie Nelson to be the inaugural editor of a new Section on “Business Ethics and Economics.” This section invites … Continue reading
Call for book or chapter proposals: Vernon Press launches a series in “Economic Methodology” Vernon Press invites book proposals on economic methods, broadly construed. All economics-based schools of thought are encouraged to submit. Other disciplines are encouraged to submit, as … Continue reading
Edited by Joan Martínez-Alier, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Spain and Roldan Muradian, Universidade Federal Fluminense, Brazil ‘This volume is a much-needed addition to the literature on ecological economics. The essays in this volume represent a return to the basic ontological … Continue reading
Elsevier has an excellent list of book on environmental topics, including environmental economics.
Blackwell Publishing has a number of journals and books on environmental and resource economics. They are currently offering, for a limited time only, free online access for 60 days to Natural Resources Forum, a new UN journal focusing on international, … Continue reading
Earthscan has published a number of titles that may be of interest to members. These include: Ecological Economics by Peter SÖderbaum and Biodiversity and Ecological Economics Participation, Values and Resource Management by Luca Tacconi.
Edward Elgar publishers have an outstanding list of book on ecological economics and related topics.
RFF Press publishes books that present a broad range of approaches to the study of natural resources and the environment.
John Wiley & Sons have recently published a major reference work that may be of interest to ISEE members. The Encyclopaedia of Environmetrics is a four volume publication dedicated to quantitative methods in the environmental sciences.