- Creating a Sustainable and Desirable Future April 18, 2014Just released – a new edited book titled: “Creating a Sustainable and Desirable Future: Insights from 45 Global Thought Leaders” that I think might interest you. The book offers a broad, critical discussion of what a sustainable and desirable future … Continue reading →
- Summer School in Sustainability Economics: Intergenerational Equity and Efficiency under Uncertainty April 16, 2014The universities of Lueneburg (Prof. Baumgaertner), Kiel (Prof. Quaas) and Regensburg (Prof. Buchholz) host a summer school addressing the issue of sustainability in the context of climate change. It will take place at Camp Reinsehlen, Germany, 4-7 August 2014. The … Continue reading →
- Coordinator of Climate Policy Research Line April 15, 2014Climate Policy research line coordinator, Basque Centre for Climate Change (BC3)Senior Researcher The Basque Centre for Climate Change (BC3) offers a senior researcher position to coordinate one of its four research lines; the Climate Policy research line. The Climate Policy … Continue reading →
- Great Transition Initiative Launches New Website April 14, 2014For over a decade, the Great Transition Initiative has advanced a visionary scenario of a future rooted in human solidarity, well-being for all, and ecological sustainability. It now enters a new phase with renewed energy and heightened sense of urgency. … Continue reading →
- 3rd Water Research Conference Call for Abstracts April 10, 20143rd Water Research Conference 11-14 January 2015, Shenzhen, China The 3rd Water Research Conference aims to present results of state-of-the-art exploration in water/wastewater treatment and discuss conceptually novel ideas that are necessary to develop well-tuned energy- and resource-efficient treatment technologies … Continue reading →
- Economics for Transition Programme April 10, 2014Join us at Schumacher College for residential postgraduate and short course study in radical economic thinking, activism and entrepreneurship. Postgraduate Programme MA, Pg Cert (in partnership with Plymouth University, nef and the Transition Network) Apply by 30 April for … Continue reading →
- Lecturer/Associate Professor in Environmental or Ecological Economics April 4, 2014The University of Leeds is looking for an enthusiastic and self-motivated ecological or environmental economist with a focus on water-related research to develop and enhance links across Water@Leeds, the largest interdisciplinary water research centre in any university in the world. … Continue reading →
- Assistant/Associate Professor in RMSED April 3, 2014Assistant/Associate Professor – Responsible Management and Sustainable Economic Development (RMSED) Essential Qualifications: Ph.D. with the thesis addressing a theme relevant to the field of Ecological Economics and/or Sustainable Development Minimum of three years of relevant teaching experience. Academic expertise and … Continue reading →
- Global Urban Lecture Series March 31, 2014United Nations Human Settlements Programme and Claudio Acioly, Jr. are pleased to announce the public launch of the Global Urban Lecture Series! The link below will lead you to the first batch of the lectures. There is more to … Continue reading →
- Public consultation on draft SDSN Indicator Report March 27, 2014ECOECO (Brazil) have just completed their review and compilation by ECOECO Treasurer Joseph Weiss of comments on the Sustainable Development Goals Indicators proposed by the SDSN, and have transmitted them to the UN, informed by the recent work on indicators … Continue reading →
- Creating a Sustainable and Desirable Future April 18, 2014
Category Archives: Publishers
Elsevier has an excellent list of book on environmental topics, including environmental economics.
Blackwell Publishing has a number of journals and books on environmental and resource economics. They are currently offering, for a limited time only, free online access for 60 days to Natural Resources Forum, a new UN journal focusing on international, … Continue reading
Earthscan has published a number of titles that may be of interest to members. These include: Ecological Economics by Peter SÖderbaum and Biodiversity and Ecological Economics Participation, Values and Resource Management by Luca Tacconi.
Edward Elgar publishers have an outstanding list of book on ecological economics and related topics.
RFF Press publishes books that present a broad range of approaches to the study of natural resources and the environment.
John Wiley & Sons have recently published a major reference work that may be of interest to ISEE members. The Encyclopaedia of Environmetrics is a four volume publication dedicated to quantitative methods in the environmental sciences.