- Associate professor in Applied Ecology November 21, 2019Application deadline: 8 December 2019. About the position The Department of International Environment and Development Studies is seeking an Associate Professor with a background in ecology and experience working across disciplines, including issues related to environmental governance. We are seeking … Continue reading → The post Associate professor in Applied Ecology appeared first on The […]
- Costa Rica Winter School in Ecological Economics 2020 November 11, 2019Environment Europe is delighted to announce the Costa Rica Winter School in Ecological Economics 2020 to be hosted by Fundación Neotrópica in Costa Rica, 16-24 February 2020. Please take an opportunity to register at a reduced rate.The executive Oxford Summer, … Continue reading → The post Costa Rica Winter School in Ecological Economics 2020 appeared […]
- Assistant Professor, Environmental Studies at Seattle University November 5, 2019Assistant Professor, Environmental Studies at Seattle University The Environmental Studies program at Seattle University invites applications for a tenure-track Assistant Professor to begin September 2020. We seek a broadly trained social scientist in the social-behavioral dimensions of sustainability, with expertise … Continue reading → The post Assistant Professor, Environmental Studies at Seattle University appeared first […]
- Ecological Economics — Explainer and Urban Application November 5, 2019The Conversation has just published two articles, one explaining/introducing ecological economics — and referencing many recipients of this email — and another arguing that Australian cities lack long-term vision for sustainability. They are the first in a series of four … Continue reading → The post Ecological Economics — Explainer and Urban Application appeared first […]
- Clóvis Cavalcanti Video Greeting at INSEE-CESS November 5, 2019INSEE-CESS International Conference Climate Change and Disasters: Challenges, Opportunities and Responses Tenth INSEE Biennial Conference, 2019, CESS, HYDERABAD 6 – 8 November 2019 Video greeting from ISEE 2018/2019 President, Clóvis Cavalcanti The post Clóvis Cavalcanti Video Greeting at INSEE-CESS appeared first on The International Society for Ecological Economics.
- Bridging Language and Scholarship Call for Proposals October 25, 2019CALL FOR PROPOSALS: Bridging Language and Scholarship (BLS) Vernon Press invites original book proposals and translation proposals for previously published books (from English to Spanish or Spanish to English) for as part of our Bridging Language and Scholarship (BLS) initiative. … Continue reading → The post Bridging Language and Scholarship Call for Proposals appeared first […]
- Nominations Open for 2020-2022 Board Elections October 18, 2019In December we will be electing officers and board members for ISEE for 2020-2022. If you are interested in running, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or the President of your Regional Society. Nominations shall be made by the Nominating Committee, comprising Presidents … Continue reading → The post Nominations Open for 2020-2022 Board Elections appeared first on […]
- 10th International Congress of the French Association for Political Economics CfP October 16, 2019Call for Proposals 10th French Association for Political Economy Congress Resources July 2020 The congress will be held from 1st to 3rd July 2020 in Toulouse, France. The theme of the conference is « Resources », in a broad and inclusive sense of … Continue reading → The post 10th International Congress of the French Association for Political […]
- Environmental Crises: Does ecological economics have the answers? October 15, 2019Media Release 13 October 2019 Addressing the great challenges of our times: environmental crises and how we can live more sustainably on planet Earth — the Australia New Zealand Society of Ecological Economics (ANZSEE) 2019 conference. https://anzsee.org.au/2019-anzsee-conference/ KEYNOTE SPEAKERS Joshua … Continue reading → The post Environmental Crises: Does ecological economics have the answers? appeared […]
- Support for the people of Ecuador October 14, 2019A Note from the Mesoamerican and Caribbean Society for Ecological Economics Given the climate of violence that has been unleashed in Ecuador as a result of Decree 883, it goes without saying that the use of public force has never … Continue reading → The post Support for the people of Ecuador appeared first on […]
- Associate professor in Applied Ecology November 21, 2019
Category Archives: Publishers
Environmental Values Latest issue now online: Vol.28, No.1, February 2019 Perspectives on Ecological Democracy Editorial: Reconciling Ecological and Democratic Values: Recent Perspectives on Ecological Democracy. David Schlosberg, Karin Bäckstrand and Jonathan Pickering Decolonising Dignity for Inclusive Democracy. Christine J. Winter … Continue reading
50 Days’ free access to Legal Institutions and Ecological Economics: Their Common Contribution for Achieving a Sustainable Development (Volker Mauerhofer) is now available online, containing full bibliographic details. Access is Closed
The Journal of Business Ethics, a journal in on the Financial Times (FT 45) list for the ranking of research in business schools, has invited Julie Nelson to be the inaugural editor of a new Section on “Business Ethics and Economics.” This section invites … Continue reading
Call for book or chapter proposals: Vernon Press launches a series in “Economic Methodology” Vernon Press invites book proposals on economic methods, broadly construed. All economics-based schools of thought are encouraged to submit. Other disciplines are encouraged to submit, as … Continue reading
Edited by Joan Martínez-Alier, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Spain and Roldan Muradian, Universidade Federal Fluminense, Brazil ‘This volume is a much-needed addition to the literature on ecological economics. The essays in this volume represent a return to the basic ontological … Continue reading
CROP in cooperation with Zed Books, requests entries for the CROP International Studies in Poverty Prize 2014. Deadline: August 31, 2014 We seek original, high-quality, alternative and critical academic manuscripts. Works challenging the dominant thinking and knowledge about poverty and … Continue reading
Elsevier has an excellent list of book on environmental topics, including environmental economics.
Blackwell Publishing has a number of journals and books on environmental and resource economics. They are currently offering, for a limited time only, free online access for 60 days to Natural Resources Forum, a new UN journal focusing on international, … Continue reading
Earthscan has published a number of titles that may be of interest to members. These include: Ecological Economics by Peter SÖderbaum and Biodiversity and Ecological Economics Participation, Values and Resource Management by Luca Tacconi.
Edward Elgar publishers have an outstanding list of book on ecological economics and related topics.
RFF Press publishes books that present a broad range of approaches to the study of natural resources and the environment.
John Wiley & Sons have recently published a major reference work that may be of interest to ISEE members. The Encyclopaedia of Environmetrics is a four volume publication dedicated to quantitative methods in the environmental sciences.