- Call for book or chapter proposals: Advances on Economic Methodology October 20, 2016Call for book or chapter proposals: Advances on Economic Methodology Extended deadline: Nov 11 Vernon Press invites book proposals on economic methods, broadly construed. All economics-based schools of thought are encouraged to submit. Other disciplines are encouraged to submit, as … Continue reading →
- Tufts Institute to Award Economics Prize to James Boyce and Joan Martinez-Alier October 7, 2016Global Development And Environment Institute Tufts Institute to Award Economics Prize to James Boyce and Joan Martinez-Alier Awardees to present Leontief Prize Lectures on Economics, Equity, and the Environment March 28, 2017 October 6, 2016: Tufts University’s Global Development And … Continue reading →
- Earth Institute Postdoctoral Fellowship Program in Sustainable Development October 7, 2016The Earth Institute at Columbia University in New York, NY, seeks applications from innovative, doctoral candidates or recent Ph.D., M.D., J.D., or Sc.D. recipients interested in a broad range of issues in sustainable development. The Earth Institute Postdoctoral Fellowship program … Continue reading →
- Green Economy Reader October 4, 2016Green Economy Reader Lectures in Ecological Economics and Sustainability With a foreword by Mr. Achim Steiner, the Executive Director of UNEP, this volume aims to fill the gap in understanding ecological economics as one of the important foundations for green … Continue reading →
- Postdoctoral Research Position in Ecosystem Service Valuation October 4, 2016Postdoctoral Research Position in Ecosystem Service Valuation A joint postdoctoral position is available at the School for the Environment at the University of Massachusetts Boston and the Environmental Studies Program at Dartmouth College for a motivated candidate with expertise in … Continue reading →
- Tenure Track Position in Economics at Sarah Lawrence College September 29, 2016JOE ID Number: 2016-02_111455717 Date Posted: 08/01/2016 Position Title/Short Description Title: Faculty in Economics Section: US: Full-Time Academic (Permanent, Tenure Track or Tenured) Location: Bronxville, New York, UNITED STATES JEL Classifications: B0 — General B5 — Current Heterodox Approaches C1 — Econometric and … Continue reading →
- Postdoctoral research position at UCLA September 27, 2016UCLA is looking for postdoctoral researchers for the year 2017-2018 to conduct social science research on climate change at the Center for Corporate Environmental Performance (CCEP) http://www.ioe.ucla.edu/ccep/ in the Institute of the Environment. CCEP projects focus on areas such as energy efficiency, … Continue reading →
- ANZSEE 2017 Call for Abstracts September 26, 2016You are invited to submit a paper, poster, or workshop proposal for the ANZSEE 2017 Conference to be held from 9-13 January 2017 in Adelaide, South Australia This ANZSEE conference aims to bring university, NGO, industry, government, and citizens together … Continue reading →
- FSR Climate Annual Conference 2016 Call for Papers September 20, 2016FSR Climate Annual Conference 2016 CALL FOR PAPERS Papers on the above topics will be considered for presentation at the conference. Papers should be submitted in pdf to FSRClimate@EUI.eu and include title, abstract, full text and email address of the author. Submitted papers … Continue reading →
- In Memoriam: Paul Baer, USSEE Board Member September 20, 2016The United States Society for Ecological Economics is saddened to learn of the sudden death of USSEE Board member Paul Baer, who passed away on Tuesday, September 6, 2016. Paul has been a long-time member of USSEE since the founding … Continue reading →
- Call for book or chapter proposals: Advances on Economic Methodology October 20, 2016
Category Archives: Publishers
The Journal of Business Ethics, a journal in on the Financial Times (FT 45) list for the ranking of research in business schools, has invited Julie Nelson to be the inaugural editor of a new Section on “Business Ethics and Economics.” This section invites … Continue reading
Call for book or chapter proposals: Vernon Press launches a series in “Economic Methodology” Vernon Press invites book proposals on economic methods, broadly construed. All economics-based schools of thought are encouraged to submit. Other disciplines are encouraged to submit, as … Continue reading
Edited by Joan Martínez-Alier, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Spain and Roldan Muradian, Universidade Federal Fluminense, Brazil ‘This volume is a much-needed addition to the literature on ecological economics. The essays in this volume represent a return to the basic ontological … Continue reading
Economics, Econometrics and Finance Ecological EconomicsJanuary to December 2014 full year 1. A typology for the classification, description and valuation of ecosystem functions, goods and services • ArticleEcological Economics, Volume 41, Issue 3, Pages 393-408de Groot, Rudolf S; Wilson, Matthew … Continue reading
CROP in cooperation with Zed Books, requests entries for the CROP International Studies in Poverty Prize 2014. Deadline: August 31, 2014 We seek original, high-quality, alternative and critical academic manuscripts. Works challenging the dominant thinking and knowledge about poverty and … Continue reading
Elsevier has an excellent list of book on environmental topics, including environmental economics.
Blackwell Publishing has a number of journals and books on environmental and resource economics. They are currently offering, for a limited time only, free online access for 60 days to Natural Resources Forum, a new UN journal focusing on international, … Continue reading
Earthscan has published a number of titles that may be of interest to members. These include: Ecological Economics by Peter SÖderbaum and Biodiversity and Ecological Economics Participation, Values and Resource Management by Luca Tacconi.
Edward Elgar publishers have an outstanding list of book on ecological economics and related topics.
RFF Press publishes books that present a broad range of approaches to the study of natural resources and the environment.
John Wiley & Sons have recently published a major reference work that may be of interest to ISEE members. The Encyclopaedia of Environmetrics is a four volume publication dedicated to quantitative methods in the environmental sciences.