- ISC Letter from the President July 10, 2019ISC Letter from the President 10 July 2019 Dear ISC Members, Dear Colleagues, One year after the launch of the International Science Council (ISC), it is worth taking stock of how far we have come in putting into operation the … Continue reading → The post ISC Letter from the President appeared first on The […]
- Post-Doctoral Position in Energy and Macroeconomics July 8, 2019Post-Doctoral Position in Energy and Macroeconomics Closing Date: 25 July 2019 Would you like to further your career by applying your quantitative energy and economic skills at one of the UK’s leading research-intensive Universities? Do you have an ability to work … Continue reading → The post Post-Doctoral Position in Energy and Macroeconomics appeared first on […]
- Post-Doctoral Position Available July 3, 2019POST-DOCTORAL POSITION – LCA OF SUSTAINABLE AGRI-FOOD TECHNOLOGY AND MANAGEMENT ALTERNATIVES $70,000 PER ANNUM; RENEWABLE The Food Systems PRISM Lab is seeking a highly qualified and highly motivated post-doctoral fellow to contribute to research and research management in the field … Continue reading → The post Post-Doctoral Position Available appeared first on The International Society […]
- Population Matters June 2019 Update July 1, 2019Director’s message PM Goes Global! Last year, supported by the London PM group, we marked World Population Day by showing the dramatic fact of ongoing human population growth via a live, giant digital ‘population clock’ mounted on a van. The … Continue reading → The post Population Matters June 2019 Update appeared first on The […]
- Professor Joan Martinez-Alier is Winner of the First Bina Agarwal Prize for Ecological Economics July 1, 2019The Indian Society for Ecological Economics c/o Institute of Economic Growth, University of Delhi Enclave North Campus, Delhi, India 110 007 Announcement Bina Agarwal Prize for Ecological Economics The Prize Jury for the Bina Agarwal Prize for Ecological Economics consisting … Continue reading → The post Professor Joan Martinez-Alier is Winner of the First Bina […]
- IX Jornadas de Economía Ecológica June 28, 2019The Organizing Committee of the IX Conference on Ecological Economics informs that the Fourth Circular of the IX Conference on Ecological Economics is available to be held on November 27, 28 and 29, 2019 at the Andean Headquarters of the National University of Río … Continue reading → The post IX Jornadas de Economía Ecológica appeared first on The […]
- EcoSummit 2020 Symposia Reminder June 24, 2019Submit proposals by 28 June 2019 Call for symposia and side event proposals Remember to submit your proposals by 28 June 2019 The EcoSummit 2020 Scientific Committee invites submissions of symposium proposals and side events: Following the conference theme BUILDING A … Continue reading → The post EcoSummit 2020 Symposia Reminder appeared first on The International […]
- USSEE Board Election Results and President’s Welcome Message June 24, 2019Thank you to all of our members who ran and voted in this election. We are happy to announce the new USSEE board, effective June 2019. John Sorrentino will continue as secretary treasurer, and Regina Ostergaard-Klem will serve a second … Continue reading → The post USSEE Board Election Results and President’s Welcome Message appeared […]
- Global Catholic Climate Movement May 2019 News June 19, 2019I’m so grateful to share Global Catholic Climate Movement’s news from May. At the top of the news, I’m amazed that 1.5 million people from all around the world took part in the global climate strikes on May 24. This … Continue reading → The post Global Catholic Climate Movement May 2019 News appeared first […]
- ESA/USSEE Conference Earlybird Deadline, Student Registration Steps, and Workshops June 19, 2019Conference Registration Information: Earlybird Deadline 6/27, Student Registration Steps, and Workshops The Early bird registration period for ESA/USSEE 2019 ends on June 27th at 5 pm EST. At this point registration increases from $390 to $450 for members, and from … Continue reading → The post ESA/USSEE Conference Earlybird Deadline, Student Registration Steps, and Workshops […]
- ISC Letter from the President July 10, 2019
Category Archives: Publishers
Environmental Values Latest issue now online: Vol.28, No.1, February 2019 Perspectives on Ecological Democracy Editorial: Reconciling Ecological and Democratic Values: Recent Perspectives on Ecological Democracy. David Schlosberg, Karin Bäckstrand and Jonathan Pickering Decolonising Dignity for Inclusive Democracy. Christine J. Winter … Continue reading
50 Days’ free access to Legal Institutions and Ecological Economics: Their Common Contribution for Achieving a Sustainable Development (Volker Mauerhofer) is now available online, containing full bibliographic details. Access is Closed
The Journal of Business Ethics, a journal in on the Financial Times (FT 45) list for the ranking of research in business schools, has invited Julie Nelson to be the inaugural editor of a new Section on “Business Ethics and Economics.” This section invites … Continue reading
Call for book or chapter proposals: Vernon Press launches a series in “Economic Methodology” Vernon Press invites book proposals on economic methods, broadly construed. All economics-based schools of thought are encouraged to submit. Other disciplines are encouraged to submit, as … Continue reading
Edited by Joan Martínez-Alier, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Spain and Roldan Muradian, Universidade Federal Fluminense, Brazil ‘This volume is a much-needed addition to the literature on ecological economics. The essays in this volume represent a return to the basic ontological … Continue reading
CROP in cooperation with Zed Books, requests entries for the CROP International Studies in Poverty Prize 2014. Deadline: August 31, 2014 We seek original, high-quality, alternative and critical academic manuscripts. Works challenging the dominant thinking and knowledge about poverty and … Continue reading
Elsevier has an excellent list of book on environmental topics, including environmental economics.
Blackwell Publishing has a number of journals and books on environmental and resource economics. They are currently offering, for a limited time only, free online access for 60 days to Natural Resources Forum, a new UN journal focusing on international, … Continue reading
Earthscan has published a number of titles that may be of interest to members. These include: Ecological Economics by Peter SÖderbaum and Biodiversity and Ecological Economics Participation, Values and Resource Management by Luca Tacconi.
Edward Elgar publishers have an outstanding list of book on ecological economics and related topics.
RFF Press publishes books that present a broad range of approaches to the study of natural resources and the environment.
John Wiley & Sons have recently published a major reference work that may be of interest to ISEE members. The Encyclopaedia of Environmetrics is a four volume publication dedicated to quantitative methods in the environmental sciences.