- ASAUEE 2017-2019 Board February 28, 2018The meeting of the Argentinian-Uruguayan Association of Ecological Economics (ASAUEE www.asauee.org) held in Rosario, Argentina, on October 2-6, 2017, among other activities decided on a new Board for the ASAUEE (from October 6, 2017, until October 7, 2019). The aim … Continue reading →
- Potsdam Summer School 2018 is now Calling for Application February 23, 2018The call for application to the 2018 Potsdam Summer School is now open. This year’s Summer School will take place from September 10 through September 19, 2018, in Potsdam, Germany. It will address these central questions: Why is the Earth Surface … Continue reading →
- Postdoctoral Associate, GUND Institute, UVM February 22, 2018Application Deadline March 15th, 2018 The Gund Institute for Environment at the University of Vermont (UVM) is recruiting Postdoctoral Associates for Fall 2018 to conduct research on major global environmental challenges. They seek exceptional early-career scholars committed to connecting interdisciplinary … Continue reading →
- USSEE Webinar Series Launch February 22, 2018USSEE Webinar Series, Inaugural Seminar: Bringing Ecological Economics into Standard Economics Courses By John Gowdy Wednesday, February 28th, 1 p.m. EST USSEE is launching a free bi-monthly webinar series for the purpose of sharing methods and resources from experts in … Continue reading →
- First North-South Conference on Degrowth Call for Papers February 22, 2018The 2018 First North-South Conference on Degrowth, Mexico City will be a forum to present the latest in thought and practice of degrowth in the world and put it in dialogue with the context of the countries of the global … Continue reading →
- Nature Sustainability | Living Well, Within Planetary Boundaries February 22, 2018Living well, within planetary boundaries No country currently meets the basic needs of its citizens at a globally sustainable level of resource use. If all people are to lead a good life within planetary boundaries, then radical changes to physical … Continue reading →
- 8th International Conference on Gross National Happiness February 20, 2018From Bhutan to Borneo – In search of Happiness Greetings from Sarawak Borneo! We are pleased to announce the 8th International Conference on Gross National Happiness will be held in Kuching, Sarawak, Malaysia on the 13 – 17 November 2018. We … Continue reading →
- New Board for the Andean Society of Ecological Economics (SAEE) February 20, 2018Following the communication on the meeting to strengthen the Andean Society of Ecological Economics (SAEE) held in Santa Marta, Colombia, on January 19, 2018, which among other activities decided on a new Board for the SAEE. The aim of the … Continue reading →
- Environmental Economist Centre for Environment, Fisheries and Aquaculture Science February 7, 2018Environmental Economist Centre for Environment, Fisheries and Aquaculture Science Closing date: 21 Feb 2018 Location Lowestoft, Eastern, NR33 0HT Job description ABOUT US Cefas is a world leader in marine science and technology, providing innovative solutions for the aquatic environment. … Continue reading →
- Oxford Spring School in Ecological Economics 2018 January 31, 2018Oxford Spring School in Ecological Economics 2018 2-8 April Green Economy for Countries, Cities and Regions: Ecosystems, Economy, Policy The School will address key elements of the new economy transformation, exploring the cutting edge methods and policy applications in ecological … Continue reading →
- ASAUEE 2017-2019 Board February 28, 2018
Category Archives: Publishers
The Journal of Business Ethics, a journal in on the Financial Times (FT 45) list for the ranking of research in business schools, has invited Julie Nelson to be the inaugural editor of a new Section on “Business Ethics and Economics.” This section invites … Continue reading
Call for book or chapter proposals: Vernon Press launches a series in “Economic Methodology” Vernon Press invites book proposals on economic methods, broadly construed. All economics-based schools of thought are encouraged to submit. Other disciplines are encouraged to submit, as … Continue reading
Edited by Joan Martínez-Alier, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Spain and Roldan Muradian, Universidade Federal Fluminense, Brazil ‘This volume is a much-needed addition to the literature on ecological economics. The essays in this volume represent a return to the basic ontological … Continue reading
Economics, Econometrics and Finance Ecological EconomicsJanuary to December 2014 full year 1. A typology for the classification, description and valuation of ecosystem functions, goods and services • ArticleEcological Economics, Volume 41, Issue 3, Pages 393-408de Groot, Rudolf S; Wilson, Matthew … Continue reading
CROP in cooperation with Zed Books, requests entries for the CROP International Studies in Poverty Prize 2014. Deadline: August 31, 2014 We seek original, high-quality, alternative and critical academic manuscripts. Works challenging the dominant thinking and knowledge about poverty and … Continue reading
Elsevier has an excellent list of book on environmental topics, including environmental economics.
Blackwell Publishing has a number of journals and books on environmental and resource economics. They are currently offering, for a limited time only, free online access for 60 days to Natural Resources Forum, a new UN journal focusing on international, … Continue reading
Earthscan has published a number of titles that may be of interest to members. These include: Ecological Economics by Peter SÖderbaum and Biodiversity and Ecological Economics Participation, Values and Resource Management by Luca Tacconi.
Edward Elgar publishers have an outstanding list of book on ecological economics and related topics.
RFF Press publishes books that present a broad range of approaches to the study of natural resources and the environment.
John Wiley & Sons have recently published a major reference work that may be of interest to ISEE members. The Encyclopaedia of Environmetrics is a four volume publication dedicated to quantitative methods in the environmental sciences.