- Degrowth International Conferences in 2018 October 19, 2017Announcing three Degrowth International Conferences in 2018: Sweden, Mexico and European Parliament. The Support Group of the International Degrowth Conferences is happy to announce three degrowth events for 2018. After the conferences in Paris (2008), Barcelona (2010), Venice and Montreal (2012), Leipzig … Continue reading →
- Economics Research Fellow – Primary Forest Protection October 10, 2017Information, Policy & On-ground Action for Primary Forest Protection Overview: This is an opportunity to undertake applied economic research into tropical primary forest protection in three key countries or regions (Democratic Republic of Congo, Brazil, and Melanesia). This applied multidisciplinary, … Continue reading →
- ERI Fellow, Assistant Research Scholar, Green Economic Development October 3, 2017ERI Fellow, Assistant Research Scholar, Green Economic Development 00045640 OAA#: 21709-16 The Environmental Resilience Institute (ERI) at Indiana University (IU) invites applications for a Fellow position in green economic development to begin in Fall 2018; the appointment is renewable for … Continue reading →
- Hiring Twelve Positions in Urban Ecosystems Services October 3, 2017HIRING 12 POSITIONS (PROJECT COORDINATOR, POSTDOCS, RESEARCH ASSISTANTS, Ph.D. SCHOLARSHIPS) IN URBAN ECOSYSTEM SERVICES Based at the Singapore-ETH Centre (SEC), National University of Singapore (NUS) and Nanyang Technological University (NTU) We are beginning a multi-million dollar project to quantify the … Continue reading →
- Bina Agarwal awarded the prestigious 2017 Balzan Prize October 3, 2017Bina Agarwal, former President of the International Society For Ecological Economics and currently Professor of Economics at the University of Manchester, has been awarded the prestigious Balzan prize for her pathbreaking work in women in agriculture and gender studies. The … Continue reading →
- Assistant Professor in Environmental Studies with an emphasis on Sustainable Urban Systems September 27, 2017State University of New York College of Environmental Science and Forestry Department of Environmental Studies 1 Forestry Drive Syracuse, New York 13210 September 22, 2017 ANNOUNCEMENT OF FACULTY VACANCY ASSISTANT PROFESSOR SUSTAINABLE URBAN SYSTEMS The State University of New York … Continue reading →
- Energy Globe Award 2018 September 27, 2017The objective of the ENERGY GLOBE Award is to present successful sustainable projects to a global audience and to demonstrate that for many environmental problems feasible solutions already exist. Projects submitted from over 170 countries take part each year in … Continue reading →
- Job Opening: ESEE Web and Social Media Manager September 25, 2017ESEE is looking for a part-time webmaster to take over managing the ESEE website. This position would be particularly suitable for a PhD student or postdoctoral researcher. The job holder would support the ESEE Board and country contacts network in … Continue reading →
- Call for Future ISEE Conference Organizers September 25, 2017ISEE holds its conference biennially. These conferences normally attract 500-900 social and natural scientists. In 2010 we met in Oldenburgl, in 2012 in Rio de Janeiro, in 2014 in Iceland, and in 2016 in Washington DC. In 2018 the Conference will … Continue reading →
- VIII DAYS OF ECOLOGICAL ECONOMY September 25, 2017VIII DAYS OF ECOLOGICAL ECONOMY Rosario, October 2 to 6, 2017 The sustainability against neo-extractivism and reprimarization in Latin America. Transdisciplinary views and the construction of alternatives. The Organizing Committee informs that the Fourth Circular is already available as well … Continue reading →
- Degrowth International Conferences in 2018 October 19, 2017
Category Archives: Publishers
The Journal of Business Ethics, a journal in on the Financial Times (FT 45) list for the ranking of research in business schools, has invited Julie Nelson to be the inaugural editor of a new Section on “Business Ethics and Economics.” This section invites … Continue reading
Call for book or chapter proposals: Vernon Press launches a series in “Economic Methodology” Vernon Press invites book proposals on economic methods, broadly construed. All economics-based schools of thought are encouraged to submit. Other disciplines are encouraged to submit, as … Continue reading
Edited by Joan Martínez-Alier, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Spain and Roldan Muradian, Universidade Federal Fluminense, Brazil ‘This volume is a much-needed addition to the literature on ecological economics. The essays in this volume represent a return to the basic ontological … Continue reading
Economics, Econometrics and Finance Ecological EconomicsJanuary to December 2014 full year 1. A typology for the classification, description and valuation of ecosystem functions, goods and services • ArticleEcological Economics, Volume 41, Issue 3, Pages 393-408de Groot, Rudolf S; Wilson, Matthew … Continue reading
CROP in cooperation with Zed Books, requests entries for the CROP International Studies in Poverty Prize 2014. Deadline: August 31, 2014 We seek original, high-quality, alternative and critical academic manuscripts. Works challenging the dominant thinking and knowledge about poverty and … Continue reading
Elsevier has an excellent list of book on environmental topics, including environmental economics.
Blackwell Publishing has a number of journals and books on environmental and resource economics. They are currently offering, for a limited time only, free online access for 60 days to Natural Resources Forum, a new UN journal focusing on international, … Continue reading
Earthscan has published a number of titles that may be of interest to members. These include: Ecological Economics by Peter SÖderbaum and Biodiversity and Ecological Economics Participation, Values and Resource Management by Luca Tacconi.
Edward Elgar publishers have an outstanding list of book on ecological economics and related topics.
RFF Press publishes books that present a broad range of approaches to the study of natural resources and the environment.
John Wiley & Sons have recently published a major reference work that may be of interest to ISEE members. The Encyclopaedia of Environmetrics is a four volume publication dedicated to quantitative methods in the environmental sciences.