- ACES Meet our Moderators and Keynote Speakers January 18, 2017Oceania Ecosystem Services Forum Brisbane, Australia: 27th – 31st March 2017 Are you a decision maker or do you have knowledge on ecosystem services in human managed or natural ecosystems, in terrestrial, aquatic, coastal and marine ecosystems? The Forum aims to bring the … Continue reading →
- Vernon Press – Call for Reviewers January 17, 2017Call for Reviewers Do you enjoy reading books in economics, social science, humanities? Join our community of book reviewers! To join you must be an expert in one of the areas we publish (https://vernonpress.com/) and be prepared to review at … Continue reading →
- Ninth INSEE Biennial | 8-10 November, 2017 | KILA, Thrissur January 9, 2017The Ninth Biennial INSEE Conference will be organized jointly with the Kerala Institute of Local Administration (KILA), Thrissur, Kerala at KILA from 8th -10th November 2017 with the following theme: Sustainability, Institutions, Incentives: Voices, Policies and Commitments Submission of abstracts (of original … Continue reading →
- Mission to the Vatican January 2, 2017Vatican Audience – November 23 – With our mission many months in the making, Clóvis Cavalcanti and Stuart Scott met in Rome in late November intending to bring ecological economics, and in particular, the International Society for Ecological Economics (ISEE) … Continue reading →
- Nobel Peace Prize proposal to benefit Ecological Economics January 2, 2017One of our members is again circulating this proposal for a shared Peace Prize ‘themed’ for Sustainable Development, in which our own Herman Daly is named as a co-recipient. The proposal obtained about 50 qualified nominations last year and an … Continue reading →
- Ninth INSEE Biennial | 8-10 November, 2017 | KILA, Thrissur December 22, 2016Sustainability, Institutions, Incentives: Voices, Policies and Commitments The Ninth Biennial Conference of Indian Society for Ecological Economics (INSEE) will be organized jointly with the Kerala Institute of Local Administration (KILA), Thrissur, Kerala at KILA from 8th -10th November, 2017. … Continue reading →
- 13th OIKOS Winter School December 19, 201613TH OIKOS WINTER SCHOOL “YOU CALL IT ECO. WE CALL IT COMMON SENSE. SUSTAINABILITY IN THE FASHION INDUSTRY” WITTEN, GERMANY 5.-11. MARCH 2017 What? Thirty open-minded international students come together with 10-15 top-class speakers, to work for one week on … Continue reading →
- Two Research and Teaching Fellows / PhD Positions on Ecosystem Services December 19, 2016Job postings: Two Research and Teaching Fellows / PhD Positions on Ecosystem Services The Chair of Ecosystem Services at the International Institute Zittau / TU Dresden in Germany (Prof. Irene Ring) invites applications for two positions of a Research and … Continue reading →
- Professorship of Forest Economics and Sustainable Land-use Planning December 19, 2016The Faculty of Forest Sciences and Forest Ecology at the University of Göttingen invites applications for the position of a Professorship of Forest Economics and Sustainable Land-use Planning (BesGr. W3 NBesO) supported by the Federal & State Program to promote … Continue reading →
- USSEE 2017: Abstract Deadline Extended! December 15, 2016CALL FOR ABSTRACTS: DEADLINE EXTENDED to January 15th! 9th Biennial Conference: June 25-28, 2017 Ecological Economics: From Theory to Practice The Board of the United States Society for Ecological Economics (USSEE) cordially invites you to submit an abstract for an individual poster, … Continue reading →
- ACES Meet our Moderators and Keynote Speakers January 18, 2017
Category Archives: Publishers
The Journal of Business Ethics, a journal in on the Financial Times (FT 45) list for the ranking of research in business schools, has invited Julie Nelson to be the inaugural editor of a new Section on “Business Ethics and Economics.” This section invites … Continue reading
Call for book or chapter proposals: Vernon Press launches a series in “Economic Methodology” Vernon Press invites book proposals on economic methods, broadly construed. All economics-based schools of thought are encouraged to submit. Other disciplines are encouraged to submit, as … Continue reading
Edited by Joan Martínez-Alier, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Spain and Roldan Muradian, Universidade Federal Fluminense, Brazil ‘This volume is a much-needed addition to the literature on ecological economics. The essays in this volume represent a return to the basic ontological … Continue reading
Economics, Econometrics and Finance Ecological EconomicsJanuary to December 2014 full year 1. A typology for the classification, description and valuation of ecosystem functions, goods and services • ArticleEcological Economics, Volume 41, Issue 3, Pages 393-408de Groot, Rudolf S; Wilson, Matthew … Continue reading
CROP in cooperation with Zed Books, requests entries for the CROP International Studies in Poverty Prize 2014. Deadline: August 31, 2014 We seek original, high-quality, alternative and critical academic manuscripts. Works challenging the dominant thinking and knowledge about poverty and … Continue reading
Elsevier has an excellent list of book on environmental topics, including environmental economics.
Blackwell Publishing has a number of journals and books on environmental and resource economics. They are currently offering, for a limited time only, free online access for 60 days to Natural Resources Forum, a new UN journal focusing on international, … Continue reading
Earthscan has published a number of titles that may be of interest to members. These include: Ecological Economics by Peter SÖderbaum and Biodiversity and Ecological Economics Participation, Values and Resource Management by Luca Tacconi.
Edward Elgar publishers have an outstanding list of book on ecological economics and related topics.
RFF Press publishes books that present a broad range of approaches to the study of natural resources and the environment.
John Wiley & Sons have recently published a major reference work that may be of interest to ISEE members. The Encyclopaedia of Environmetrics is a four volume publication dedicated to quantitative methods in the environmental sciences.