EARTH ECONOMICS SEEKS DEVELOPMENT DIRECTOR TO HELP CHANGE THE WORLD
Earth Economics, a visionary organization that aims to transform the way our earth is valued, seeks a Development Director who wants to help change our world. If raising money has become “just a job,” join us in our mission and wake up each day excited about the opportunity to make a meaningful difference.
This is the perfect role for a strategic thinker who wants to help Earth Economics (EE)
apply its transformative vision by crafting and implementing an effective plan to provide necessary long-term funding and engage a broad constituency for effective change.
We offer the opportunity for the right individual to work with multi-cultural teams within EE and with partners around the world. Ardent multi-taskers who seek a mission, have upbeat personalities and great sense of humor and limitless energy should apply.
The ideal candidate can successfully:
- develop and implement a national and international funding strategy;
- increase EE’s total funding by 100% over a three-year period;
- develop and manage relationships with new funders including foundations, governmental agencies, academic institutions, and private individuals;
- manage and maintain internal and external reporting;
- develop and maintain all proposal materials;
- collaborate with media representatives to develop better public understanding of our mission and our successes;
- contribute to developing fee-for-service business plans;
- represent EE in various public forums as needed.
- BA degree and/or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years of proven ability securing a broad range of funding sources in support of the goals and strategic objectives of an organization or 5-7 years of direct sales experience in a service industry; emphasis on corporate sponsorships a plus
- Experience meeting the expectations of and exchanging ideas/plans with Senior Level executives in a corporate or non-profit setting
- Strong verbal and writing skills
- Proven track record of achieving revenue targets and/or a quota of $1M annually
- Demonstrated ability to prospect, cultivate, and manage new supporter base
- Ability to multi-task with an upbeat personality and good sense of humor
- Experience developing multiple sources of funding including foundations, academic institutions, governmental agencies, private individuals
- Strong computer skills
- Works well in multicultural teams and with diverse constituencies
- Use Salesforce for contact record management
- Fluent in Spanish, Chinese or French
- Familiar with human rights, environmental, international, and/or development issues, legal and campaign strategies
- Use social media to achieve campaign objectives
- Cover letter
- Grant application example
- Short (less than 1 page) narrative writing example
- List of 4-5 professional and personal references
To apply, submit application materials in a single email with your name in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Earth Economics:
Founded in 1998, Earth Economics is a non-profit organization based in Tacoma, Washington USA. Our funding comes from a variety of sources including grants (~75%), contracts (~24%) and individual donations (~1%).
New team members become part of multicultural teams at EE and have the opportunity to work with diverse constituencies around the world.
Earth Economics is an equal opportunity employer that offers a competitive benefits package, schedule and telecommuting flexibility.
For more information, please visit www.eartheconomics.org.